It’s Brain Health Awareness Month! Check out Staying Sharp and its new features designed to support brain health.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Approves Opioid 10x Stronger Fentanyl

Message 41 of 52

@mickstuder wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

From a libertarian perspective, there is no opioid crisis.

You know how Trump avoids drinking alcoholic beverages because he knows that he has a genetic predisposition to alcohol addiction?  The same personal responsibility applies to potential opioid abusers. The government shouldn't treat an adult individual as a child by protecting that individual from his/her own stupidity.  Besides, people who take opiates and are not in pain deserve to die because they are spoiling it for chronic pain sufferers.  

Incidentally, I took 25 mcg./hr. fentanyl patches and hated it.   It seems that I have a genetic predisposition to dislike agonists of μ-opioid receptors and like agonists of the κ-opioid receptors.  I know my genetic predispositions with opiates. Too bad everybody isn't like me, huh?  

The Facts Are Very Clear Concerning Addictive Behavior Regardless of the Underlying Cause 

Addiction is never Cured

Most Addicts like Trump simply switch Stimulants

Trump is Morbidly Obese & Like Every Addict Refuses to Address it

Trump also has this peculiar but recognizable Sniffing Tell

You may want to invest some time in research - I highly suggest this article for Starters

Is TRUMP an Addict First? Or a Narcissist First?

In a provocative study, “Narcissism as Addiction to Esteem,” Roy Baumeister and Kathleen Vohs argued that narcissism is, in fact, more like an addiction than a life-long personality trait.

They applied the cycle of addiction—cravings, increasing tolerance, and withdrawal—to narcissism and found that, indeed, “craving to feel superior and the indulgence of those cravings may be the defining feature of narcissism,” and narcissists appear to be “constantly on the lookout for new and greater triumphs that bring them greater glory.”

Finally, the authors address withdrawal: “When narcissists receive something other than the admiration they crave—indifference, criticism, disrespect—they exhibit considerable distress.”

Seeing narcissism as having the hallmarks of addiction also explains the instability of the narcissist’s relationships, which, they note, may be a function of depleting the supply of admiration he or she is getting from the source: They “tire of their partners when self-esteem benefits are no longer forthcoming.”

Source - https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/tech-support/201610/is-he-or-she-addict-first-or-narcissist-...

Trump is less fat than your friend, Oprah, who, unlike Trump, makes money from her obesity via Weight Watchers.  It's called "profiting from your mistakes."

And, what about your addiction to profuse writing in political forums?  When you stop, what happens to you?  As for me, I avoid that habit by intentionally getting banned often, which I recommend for everyone.

"Addiction is never Cured" - Wrong as usual.  Addiction is always cured by the death of the addict.  And, liberals grossly underestimate the degree to which people deserve that cure.

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 52

@aruzinsky wrote:

You know how Trump avoids drinking alcoholic beverages because he knows that he has a genetic predisposition to alcohol addiction?  The same personal responsibility applies to potential opioid abusers. The government shouldn't treat an adult individual as a child by protecting that individual from his/her own stupidity.  Besides, people who take opiates and are not in pain deserve to die because they are spoiling it for chronic pain sufferers.  

Incidentally, I took 25 mcg./hr. fentanyl patches and hated it.   It seems that I have a genetic predisposition to dislike agonists of μ-opioid receptors and like agonists of the κ-opioid receptors.  I know my genetic predispositions with opiates. Too bad everybody isn't like me, huh?  

The Facts Are Very Clear Concerning Addictive Behavior Regardless of the Underlying Cause 

Addiction is never Cured

Most Addicts like Trump simply switch Stimulants

Trump is Morbidly Obese & Like Every Addict Refuses to Address it

Trump also has this peculiar but recognizable Sniffing Tell

You may want to invest some time in research - I highly suggest this article for Starters

Is TRUMP an Addict First? Or a Narcissist First?

In a provocative study, “Narcissism as Addiction to Esteem,” Roy Baumeister and Kathleen Vohs argued that narcissism is, in fact, more like an addiction than a life-long personality trait.

They applied the cycle of addiction—cravings, increasing tolerance, and withdrawal—to narcissism and found that, indeed, “craving to feel superior and the indulgence of those cravings may be the defining feature of narcissism,” and narcissists appear to be “constantly on the lookout for new and greater triumphs that bring them greater glory.”

Finally, the authors address withdrawal: “When narcissists receive something other than the admiration they crave—indifference, criticism, disrespect—they exhibit considerable distress.”

Seeing narcissism as having the hallmarks of addiction also explains the instability of the narcissist’s relationships, which, they note, may be a function of depleting the supply of admiration he or she is getting from the source: They “tire of their partners when self-esteem benefits are no longer forthcoming.”

Source - https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/tech-support/201610/is-he-or-she-addict-first-or-narcissist-...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 52
Trump Approves Opioid 10x Stronger Fentanyl ....No it was not Trump....The real story...

F.D.A. Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Warnings of Likely Abuse
The drug Dsuvia is a form of sufentanil, a synthetic opioid used intravenously and in epidurals that is 10 times stronger than fentanyl, a parent drug associated with tens of thousands of overdose deaths in recent years.CreditCreditCraig Sherod/AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, via Associated Press
By Abby Goodnough
Nov. 2, 2018

WASHINGTON — The Food and Drug Administration on Friday approved a new form of an extremely potent opioid to manage acute pain in adults, weeks after the chairman of the advisory committee that reviewed it asked the agency to reject it on grounds that it would likely be abused.

The drug, Dsuvia, is a tablet form of sufentanil, a synthetic opioid that has been used intravenously and in epidurals since the 1980s. It is 10 times stronger than fentanyl, a parent drug that is often used in hospitals but is also produced illegally in forms that have caused tens of thousands of overdose deaths in recent years.

Although the F.D.A. advisory committee charged with evaluating the new formulation ultimately recommended in a 10-3 vote last month that the agency approve it, the panel’s chairman, Dr. Raeford Brown, wrote a letter to top F.D.A. officials afterward expressing deep concern.

In the letter, which he wrote with leaders of the consumer advocacy group Public Citizen, Dr. Brown, an anesthesiology professor at the University of Kentucky, described Dsuvia, made by AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, as “an extremely divertible drug,” adding, “I predict that we will encounter diversion, abuse and death within the early months of its availability on the market.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/02/health/dsuvia-fda-opoid.html

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 52

Tom5678,

I guess it comes down to dollars and no common sense. As you posted. Wow! So many changes in such a short time my head is spinning. I can't even keep up with the lies.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 52
No one is thinking. This comes down to big pharma and nothing else in my opinion. As I have already said there is much more money to be made by big pharma on this, and that is really all they care about in my opinion. Not how many people are already addicted but how many more will become addicted. We can do so much better.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 52

mimickstuder,

I thought the country was in the middle of an  opiate epidemic. I know here in New Jersey we have passed new laws to have more beds available in rehab facilities. What is he thinking. I am so glad that  the former mayor of New York Bloomberg came out with his wonderful TV commercial telling everybody to vote Democratic this year. remember he was he is a Republican

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 52

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 52

@ChasKy53 wrote:

This is just one more instance of how trump and the Republicans lie and place corporate profits over the well being of our citizens. I live in Kentucky and the opioid crisis is real. Even McConnell came out and said that he will address this in Kentucky. Now he will stand idly by and let this drug become the next killer. Ten times stronger than anything in use now ...... many more will die.

All Republicans in Congress are Afraid of Trump & Trump is Afraid of Putin

Vote Democrat on November 6 & put Courage back in Congress

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 52

This is just one more instance of how trump and the Republicans lie and place corporate profits over the well being of our citizens. I live in Kentucky and the opioid crisis is real. Even McConnell came out and said that he will address this in Kentucky. Now he will stand idly by and let this drug become the next killer. Ten times stronger than anything in use now ...... many more will die.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 52
what have we learned. Nothing I guess. Much more money to be made by big pharma though, so lets come up with something even more powerful. Really sad.
Kudos
Views