Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Approves Opioid 10x Stronger Fentanyl

Message 11 of 52

@jrjeffery wrote:
Wife takes 5 4mg Dilaudid Tabs daily prescribed for chronic pain following two crushed lower back vertebrae 4 years ago requiring bone cement injections into each of the vertebrae. She also used a 25 microgram Fentanyl patch until this year when the "do-gooder" legislators forced her doctor to stop the patches. The legislation is meant to be applied to "short-term" pain management situations... not to CHRONIC PAIN situations!

I could care less if all the illegal drug users died when they overdose! That would at least allow my wife to live a pain-free life at 75!

GO TRUMP !!!

Maybe you don't read much - it's understandable with what you're Family is dealing with

However - the Do-Gooders are Republicans

Trump is a Republican

The US House is Controlled by Republicans

The US Senate is Controlled by Republicans

BOTTOMLINE - Nothing Happens Legislatively at least not on a Federal Level unless Trump and the Republicans approve it

Not sure what State you're living in - or what - Do Gooder Legislation you're referring to

But it's the Doctors - The Greed of the Medical Profession - is what created the Opioid Crisis & the need to Regulate Opioids...............................

A Majority of Street Level Drug Dealers are selling unused Stolen or Purchased Pain Meds obtained legally with Legitimate Rx's from some Middle Class Bathroom Medicine Closet

My Wife just recovered from a Total Knee - she still has 1/2 bottle of Oxycontin she never needed

Doctors Way Over Prescribe to make Money on kickbacks from Big Pharma

Let us know your state - I'm sure there are Programs and Clinics that could assist in your wifes pain treatment & management

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 52
Wife takes 5 4mg Dilaudid Tabs daily prescribed for chronic pain following two crushed lower back vertebrae 4 years ago requiring bone cement injections into each of the vertebrae. She also used a 25 microgram Fentanyl patch until this year when the "do-gooder" legislators forced her doctor to stop the patches. The legislation is meant to be applied to "short-term" pain management situations... not to CHRONIC PAIN situations!

I could care less if all the illegal drug users died when they overdose! That would at least allow my wife to live a pain-free life at 75!

GO TRUMP !!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 52

Why do you feel the need to lie so egregiously?

If you are talking to the me the lie would be dragging people into court for smoking pot.

Not me saying I won't go along with the lie.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 52
Why do you feel the need to lie so egregiously?
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 52

So your oath to enforce the law is meaningless?

There  is a jury selection process, just be honest about it.

I wrote right on the questionnaire I believe in jury nullification, and I'm on jury duty now, they called me, I didn't call them. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 52

Trump Approves Opioid 10x Stronger Fentanyl

I am reading Blue Cross will stop covering oxycontin in 2019, I guess Pharma needs a new drug fill the vacuum. 

http://cordantsolutions.com/blue-cross-stop-covering-oxycontin-tennessee-2019/

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 52

@RunningWithScissors9 wrote:

"If you serve on a jury refuse to convict people for using pot."

"the power to judge the law as well as the
evidence, and to vote on the verdict according to
conscience."

It's called jury nullification and it is a constitutional right.

Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 52
@aruzinsky wrote:
@Cirice wrote:
@aruzinsky wrote:

From a libertarian perspective, there is no opioid crisis.

You know how Trump avoids drinking alcoholic beverages because he knows that he has a genetic predisposition to alcohol addiction?  The same personal responsibility applies to potential opioid abusers. The government shouldn't treat an adult individual as a child by protecting that individual from his/her own stupidity.  Besides, people who take opiates and are not in pain deserve to die because they are spoiling it for chronic pain sufferers.  

Incidentally, I took 25 mcg./hr. fentanyl patches and hated it.   It seems that I have a genetic predisposition to dislike agonists of μ-opioid receptors and like agonists of the κ-opioid receptors.  I know my genetic predispositions with opiates. Too bad everybody isn't like me, huh?  

Actually, since you also have a genetic predisposition, it's really too bad that you can't understand how people who have the opposite genetic predisposition might deserve some help.

Personally, I hate opioids, too. They make me sick. My grandma is the same way. But I also know that there are other people who love them just as much as I hate them, and through no fault of their own. They most likely did not know about their genetic predisposition until they had already taken an opioid -- the same way that you and I both found out that we hate opioids.

I think they deserve help. You think they deserve to die. Who is right?

Wrong as usual.  I never said that I hate opiates.  I said that I "dislike agonists of μ-opioid receptors and like agonists of the κ-opioid receptors.

To elaborate so you will understand, most, but not all opiates, are μ receptor agonists, including heroin, fentanyl and sufentanil.  One of the bad side effects of μ receptor agonists on me is that they cause the tympani muscles in my ears to twitch, which is annoying. Also, these opiates are relatively ineffective in reducing pain while I exercise compared to when I am sedate.  I take and like the opioid, pentazocine, which is a  κ receptor agonist and μ receptor antagonist.  Since κ receptor agonists are rare, FYI, another one is butorphanol, which is available as a nasal spray.  Such opiates effectively reduce pain while I exercise, do not cause my tympani muscles to twitch, do not produce euphoria, cause negligible tolerance development and, when I stop taking them, there are no withdrawal symptoms.  For most people, such opiates are relatively ineffective.  Too bad for them.

As for "Who is right?," the answer is probably the people without a recent history of stupid mistakes.

I inferred that you hated opioids because you said, "Incidentally, I took 25 mcg./hr. fentanyl patches and hated it." Sorry if I missed the small part of your post where you said you "liked" some opioids.

Personally, I don't have very much experience with opioids. I've been prescribed Vicodin, which I hated because it did nothing for pain and it made me sick. And I've been given Demerol after surgery which made me really sick, so naturally, I hated that, too. 

But I've also been given both Morphine and Fentanyl after surgery (not together -- they were different surgeries). Both of those seemed to work and they didn't make me sick. I guess you could say that I didn't hate those, but I wouldn't say that I particularly liked them, either. Nor would I describe the feeling I got from them as "euphoria".

I don't like taking painkillers so I've never had to experience opioid withdrawal symptoms. If I need a painkiller, I take Advil and Tylenol. Maybe Excedrin for a headache once every few years. That's it.

You said, "For most people, such opiates are relatively ineffective.  Too bad for them".   And in your next sentence you refer to their problems as "stupid mistakes".  So you feel that some people "deserve to die" for making "stupid mistakes"

I think it's a good thing that everyone isn't like you.

Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 52

@aruzinsky wrote:

After physical addiction wears off, people should take personal responsibility for psychological addiction because it is 100% their fault.

Addiction is a medical condition. Trying to affix fault to that is just drama queen posturing that makes the problem worse.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 52

"If you serve on a jury refuse to convict people for using pot."

~~~
Start every day with a smile and get it over with.
Kudos
Views