Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Approves Opioid 10x Stronger Fentanyl

Message 1 of 52

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@jrjeffery wrote:
Wife takes 5 4mg Dilaudid Tabs daily prescribed for chronic pain following two crushed lower back vertebrae 4 years ago requiring bone cement injections into each of the vertebrae. She also used a 25 microgram Fentanyl patch until this year when the "do-gooder" legislators forced her doctor to stop the patches. The legislation is meant to be applied to "short-term" pain management situations... not to CHRONIC PAIN situations!

I could care less if all the illegal drug users died when they overdose! That would at least allow my wife to live a pain-free life at 75!

GO TRUMP !!!

Maybe you don't read much - it's understandable with what you're Family is dealing with

However - the Do-Gooders are Republicans

Trump is a Republican

The US House is Controlled by Republicans

The US Senate is Controlled by Republicans

BOTTOMLINE - Nothing Happens Legislatively at least not on a Federal Level unless Trump and the Republicans approve it

Not sure what State you're living in - or what - Do Gooder Legislation you're referring to

But it's the Doctors - The Greed of the Medical Profession - is what created the Opioid Crisis & the need to Regulate Opioids...............................

A Majority of Street Level Drug Dealers are selling unused Stolen or Purchased Pain Meds obtained legally with Legitimate Rx's from some Middle Class Bathroom Medicine Closet

My Wife just recovered from a Total Knee - she still has 1/2 bottle of Oxycontin she never needed

Doctors Way Over Prescribe to make Money on kickbacks from Big Pharma

Let us know your state - I'm sure there are Programs and Clinics that could assist in your wifes pain treatment & management

His wife needed it and he is glad it is available. If doctors abuse it for profit - nail them, not remove the product. 

Reading Comprehension - F

The Authors Comments clearly state - his wife can No Longer Get The Patch Because of some Nebulous Claim of the Evil - "Do Gooders" - Conspiracy

Then he goes on to intimate:

The legislation is meant to be applied to "short-term" pain management situations... not to CHRONIC PAIN situations!

Confusing at best & intentionally misleading at it's worst

This what happens when people just Lob out commentary with no Frame of Reference 

What State?

What Legislation is causing you this isssue?

As to your own interpretations

How can anyone Nail the Doctors Abusing their Pain Med Rx's if Trump keeps reducing funding & staff for any Government Agency with any kind of oversight

FDA Budgets & Staff Drastically CUT under Trump

CDC Budgets & Staff Drastically CUT under Trump 

47 States have Drug & Prescription Reporting Laws but the Entire System is not Adequate

63,000 Americans Died of a Opioid Overdose in 2016

This is a Healthcare Emergency/Crisis/Epidemic created by American Doctors - the American Medical Profession in General and Most Guilty - the Americans Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Distributors

The Entire Federal Government is controlled by Republicans - the problem is getting worse every day

26 States have a Republican Trifecta where Governorship - Both Houses of State Legislations are Controlled entirely by Republicans

Republicans now control more state legislatures than at any point in U.S. history

Sources

https://ballotpedia.org/State_government_trifectas

https://www.quorum.us/data-driven-insights/republicans-now-control-more-state-legislatures-than-any-...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/states-require-doctors-to-use-prescription-dr...

No reading comprehension problem - if a person needs it they should be able to get it, short term, long term, whatever term.. Governmental agencies take the easy way out by outlawing rather than controlling. And then others take a long standing problem and try to turn it into a short term partisan issue. Neither is the solution.

Reading Comprehension......................F-

Thread Title -

Trump Approves Opioid 10x Stronger Fentanyl

jrjeffery's  - Post

Wife takes 5 4mg Dilaudid Tabs daily prescribed for chronic pain following two crushed lower back vertebrae 4 years ago requiring bone cement injections into each of the vertebrae. She also used a 25 microgram Fentanyl patch until this year when the "do-gooder" legislators forced her doctor to stop the patches. The legislation is meant to be applied to "short-term" pain management situations... not to CHRONIC PAIN situations!

I could care less if all the illegal drug users died when they overdose! That would at least allow my wife to live a pain-free life at 75!

1. What is the Criteria of who needs it?

There is none - unethical Dr's who # in the Majority - you walk in - complain of pain - you walk out with Opioid Rx

You have Surgery - you walk out with Opioid Rx

2. Government Agencies especially under Trump are Run by the People who are Bought & Paid for by the Pharmaceutical Industry & the American Medical Association

3. The US Opioid Crisis has been determined to be a National Healthcare Epidemic even by Trump

President Donald Trump characterized the U.S. opioid epidemic as a national public health emergency and directed the executive government to "use every appropriate emergency authority" to fight the crisis.

IS TRUMPS GOVERNMENT SIMPLY IGNORING HIM?

"Ending the epidemic will require mobilization of government, local communities, and private organizations. It will require the resolve of our entire country," Trump said in a speech from the White House on Oct. 26.

Lots of Requirements & Commitments From Trump Back on Monday, October 30th, 2017 at 8:55 a.m.

Today is 12/19/2018 - What's Been Accomplished?

Except for more Promises not Kept and more signing Ceremonies

Trump on Opioids.png

Source - https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/oct/30/opioid-epidemic-united-states-and-trump...

I do not find allowing what is needed by individuals to be available and control of improper distribution of it to be incompatible. Are we in agreement?

60,000 Americans are Dying due to the Opioid Epidemic every year - so I can agree with something like that in a Broad General Sense

IF

We are now able to take the essence of our New Collaboration & apply it to the other Healthcare Epidemics facing our Country?

Like the 40,000 Americans Slaughtered by Gun Violence every year ?

I fail to see the connectivity. One is based on individual needs and the other is based on general constitutional freedoms.

So, based on the topic, can we agree that the needs of the people in pain should not be sacrificed to lack of control as applied to others?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 52

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@jrjeffery wrote:

GO TRUMP !!!

Maybe you don't read much - it's understandable with what you're Family is dealing with

Trump is a Republican

BOTTOMLINE - Nothing Happens Legislatively at least not on a Federal Level unless Trump and the Republicans approve it

Not sure what State you're living in - or what - Do Gooder Legislation you're referring to

But it's the Doctors - The Greed of the Medical Profession - is what created the Opioid Crisis & the need to Regulate Opioids...............................

A Majority of Street Level Drug Dealers are selling unused Stolen or Purchased Pain Meds obtained legally with Legitimate Rx's from some Middle Class Bathroom Medicine Closet

My Wife just recovered from a Total Knee - she still has 1/2 bottle of Oxycontin she never needed

Let us know your state - I'm sure there are Programs and Clinics that could assist in your wifes pain treatment & management

His wife needed it and he is glad it is available. If doctors abuse it for profit - nail them, not remove the product. 

The Authors Comments clearly state - his wife can No Longer Get The Patch Because of some Nebulous Claim of the Evil - "Do Gooders" - Conspiracy

The legislation is meant to be applied to "short-term" pain management situations... not to CHRONIC PAIN situations!

This what happens when people just Lob out commentary with no Frame of Reference 

What State?

How can anyone Nail the Doctors Abusing their Pain Med Rx's if Trump keeps reducing funding & staff for any Government Agency with any kind of oversight

47 States have Drug & Prescription Reporting Laws but the Entire System is not Adequate

This is a Healthcare Emergency/Crisis/Epidemic created by American Doctors - the American Medical Profession in General and Most Guilty - the Americans Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Distributors

The Entire Federal Government is controlled by Republicans - the problem is getting worse every day

26 States have a Republican Trifecta where Governorship - Both Houses of State Legislations are Controlled entirely by Republicans

Republicans now control more state legislatures than at any point in U.S. history

Sources

https://www.quorum.us/data-driven-insights/republicans-now-control-more-state-legislatures-than-any-...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/states-require-doctors-to-use-prescription-dr...

No reading comprehension problem - if a person needs it they should be able to get it, short term, long term, whatever term.. Governmental agencies take the easy way out by outlawing rather than controlling. And then others take a long standing problem and try to turn it into a short term partisan issue. Neither is the solution.

Thread Title -

jrjeffery's  - Post

There is none - unethical Dr's who # in the Majority - you walk in - complain of pain - you walk out with Opioid Rx

2. Government Agencies especially under Trump are Run by the People who are Bought & Paid for by the Pharmaceutical Industry & the American Medical Association

3. The US Opioid Crisis has been determined to be a National Healthcare Epidemic even by Trump

President Donald Trump characterized the U.S. opioid epidemic as a national public health emergency and directed the executive government to "use every appropriate emergency authority" to fight the crisis.

"Ending the epidemic will require mobilization of government, local communities, and private organizations. It will require the resolve of our entire country," Trump said in a speech from the White House on Oct. 26.

Lots of Requirements & Commitments From Trump Back on Monday, October 30th, 2017 at 8:55 a.m.

Trump on Opioids.png

Source - https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/oct/30/opioid-epidemic-united-states-and-trump...

I do not find allowing what is needed by individuals to be available and control of improper distribution of it to be incompatible. Are we in agreement?

60,000 Americans are Dying due to the Opioid Epidemic every year - so I can agree with something like that in a Broad General Sense

IF

We are now able to take the essence of our New Collaboration & apply it to the other Healthcare Epidemics facing our Country?

Like the 40,000 Americans Slaughtered by Gun Violence every year ?

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 52

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@jrjeffery wrote:

GO TRUMP !!!

Trump is a Republican

What State?

Sources

Thread Title -

jrjeffery's  - Post

Trump on Opioids.png

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 52

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@jrjeffery wrote:

GO TRUMP !!!

Trump is a Republican

What State?

Sources

Thread Title -

jrjeffery's  - Post

Trump on Opioids.png

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 52

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@jrjeffery wrote:

GO TRUMP !!!

Trump is a Republican

What State?

Sources

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 52

I know around my area the kids are buying Pot and don't even know  bad stuff is in the Pot. They take it and a lot of deaths lately. 

Sadly some take heroin and know the bad stuff is in it and still take it. I have a friend who has lost 2 in her family due to drugs within a yr. 

More HAS TO BE DONE,  but money talks as always. Then the rich get richer as the saying goes!!

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 52

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@jrjeffery wrote:

GO TRUMP !!!

Trump is a Republican

What State?

Sources

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 52

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Trumps Pharmaceutical Plan while 50,000 Americans a year are Dying from Opioid Abuse

Add a New Opioid that is 10 times stronger than anything currently available

Pharmaceutical $$$ in Trump Family Bank Acoounts pay off again

The drug Dsuvia is a form of sufentanil, a synthetic opioid used intravenously and in epidurals that is 10 times stronger than fentanyl, a parent drug associated with tens of thousands of overdose deaths in recent years.

CreditCraig Sherod/AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, via Associated Press

Why would the GOPerLords care about adding a new legal opioid to the overpriced drug market that might kill more people? Those people aren't rich.

A person in pain is in pain regardless of any class warfare considerations that obsess you.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 52

@mickstuder wrote:

@jrjeffery wrote:

GO TRUMP !!!

Trump is a Republican

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 52

@mickstuder wrote:

Trumps Pharmaceutical Plan while 50,000 Americans a year are Dying from Opioid Abuse

Add a New Opioid that is 10 times stronger than anything currently available

Pharmaceutical $$$ in Trump Family Bank Acoounts pay off again

The drug Dsuvia is a form of sufentanil, a synthetic opioid used intravenously and in epidurals that is 10 times stronger than fentanyl, a parent drug associated with tens of thousands of overdose deaths in recent years.

CreditCraig Sherod/AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, via Associated Press

Why would the GOPerLords care about adding a new legal opioid to the overpriced drug market that might kill more people? Those people aren't rich.

Kudos
Views