It’s Brain Health Awareness Month! Check out Staying Sharp and its new features designed to support brain health.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Approves Opioid 10x Stronger Fentanyl

Message 31 of 52

Probably all Moot Points if Trump Wins Tomorrow - All the people needing these drugs will be denied for Having Pre-existing Conditons................................

Vote Democrat Tomorrow and Put a End to this Madness

With Republicans - Everything Needs to Be the Biggest The Most Powerful The Most Expensive

From Pain Meds to Nuclear Weapons

Juul the Leading E Cigarettes has 10x the Nicotine of a Cigarette

The FDA won't ban them

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 52

Trump Approves Opioid 10x Stronger Fentanyl

This is OK but pot is the devil.

I think the difference is people can grow their own pot , and pot is not addictive.

It's so much better for pharma to get people hooked on an opidate they can milk the system for.

Get hooked on opidates and they will get you coming and going.

If you have chronic pain smoke pot, don't fall into the opidate trap.

If pot is not legal in your state, make it so.

If you serve on a jury refuse to convict people for using pot.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 52

I spent ten hours watching my brother die from cancer. He begged me to slit his throat.  Don't ever crtiticize strong pain killers.

~~~
Start every day with a smile and get it over with.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 52

@aruzinsky wrote:

That means that, if an opioid addict, who is being treated for addiction with buprenorphine (Suboxone), has an emergency surgery, the only thing that will relieve his/her pain from surgery is Sufentanil.

It's like liberals never heard the expression, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."

Any doctor who treats an addict or alcoholic with Suboxone is making a grave mistake. Suboxone is a mood altering addictive drug. The only answer for addiction is detoxing and then the addict or alcoholic has to find a means of abstinence. Oddly, it is usually achieved through some sort of spiritual program.

Glad to see you are familiar with "the road to Hell".

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 52

@aruzinsky wrote:

"Addiction is never Cured" - Wrong as usual.  Addiction is always cured by the death of the addict.  And, liberals grossly underestimate the degree to which people deserve that cure.

Oh, the humanity ! 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 52

@aruzinsky wrote:

From a libertarian perspective, there is no opioid crisis. Well then thank goodness the world doesn't function according to libertarian perspectives!

You know how Trump avoids drinking alcoholic beverages because he knows that he has a genetic predisposition to alcohol addiction?  Seems he just switched addictions, now he is a habitual liar that is hooked on money and power. An ego-maniac with an inferiority complex !  The same personal responsibility applies to potential opioid abusers. The American Medical Association disagrees with you.The government shouldn't treat an adult individual as a child by protecting that individual from his/her own stupidity. The disease of addiction and/or alcoholism has nothing to do with "stupidity". "Stupidity" is making false assumptions about the disease of addiction/alcoholism without educating one's self about it. Doing something to address opioid addiction is not treating an adult like a child, sorry you think so. Besides, people who take opiates and are not in pain deserve to die because they are spoiling it for chronic pain sufferers. An addict taking opiates does not "spoil it for chronic pain sufferers", and  NO ONE "deserves to die" because they suffer the disease of addiction.

Incidentally, I took 25 mcg./hr. fentanyl patches and hated it.  Well good for you. It seems that I have a genetic predisposition to dislike agonists of μ-opioid receptors and like agonists of the κ-opioid receptors. Again, good for you. I know my genetic predispositions with opiates. Any living human being can become physically dependent on opiates if they are given them in large enough doses for a length of time, and this is often done for medical reasons. It takes a very good  doctor who is well educated in addiction to taper a person off of those kinds of drugs and even then many of those patients are still left with a craving for those drugs. Too bad everybody isn't like me, huh?  That question I had better simply ignore.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 52

@aruzinsky wrote:

From a libertarian perspective, there is no opioid crisis.

You know how Trump avoids drinking alcoholic beverages because he knows that he has a genetic predisposition to alcohol addiction?  The same personal responsibility applies to potential opioid abusers. The government shouldn't treat an adult individual as a child by protecting that individual from his/her own stupidity.  Besides, people who take opiates and are not in pain deserve to die because they are spoiling it for chronic pain sufferers.  

Incidentally, I took 25 mcg./hr. fentanyl patches and hated it.   It seems that I have a genetic predisposition to dislike agonists of μ-opioid receptors and like agonists of the κ-opioid receptors.  I know my genetic predispositions with opiates. Too bad everybody isn't like me, huh?  

I had a genetic test to determine my absorbtion of drugs ( pain management ) and in a nut shell it shows i am non addictive. ( I have severe chronic back pain, for 13 years) . Of course i was taken off due to the crises, an it took 2 years to get back on..2 years I wont get back of non activity. As a youth I was a tourist thru the drug culture, an never got hooked on a thing.  I went cold turkey off of opiates for that 2 year period, an never had withdrawal. Just pain. A lot of this so calle epidemic is a farce..prescription drugs arent whats driving the overdoses, its illicit drugs being mixed with illegal fentynal. The of couse you kick the legit pain patients off their meds..an they go to the street. Heroin is also the main cash crop in afghanistan. The US govt wont allow them to grow cotton because it would hurt our cotton farmers. I have allthe straight dope on this crises. har har.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 52

Liberals profusely assert their ignorances with great tones of conviction, thereby harming society.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufentanil

"It is also used in surgery and post operative pain control in patients that are taking high dose buprenorphine for chronic pain because it is the only opioid that has a potency and binding affinity strong enough to displace buprenorphine from the opioid receptors in the central nervous system and provide analgesia."

That means that, if an opioid addict, who is being treated for addiction with buprenorphine (Suboxone), has an emergency surgery, the only thing that will relieve his/her pain from surgery is Sufentanil.

It's like liberals never heard the expression, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 52

@mickstuder wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

You know how Trump avoids drinking alcoholic beverages because he knows that he has a genetic predisposition to alcohol addiction?  The same personal responsibility applies to potential opioid abusers. The government shouldn't treat an adult individual as a child by protecting that individual from his/her own stupidity.  Besides, people who take opiates and are not in pain deserve to die because they are spoiling it for chronic pain sufferers.  

Incidentally, I took 25 mcg./hr. fentanyl patches and hated it.   It seems that I have a genetic predisposition to dislike agonists of μ-opioid receptors and like agonists of the κ-opioid receptors.  I know my genetic predispositions with opiates. Too bad everybody isn't like me, huh?  

The Facts Are Very Clear Concerning Addictive Behavior Regardless of the Underlying Cause 

Addiction is never Cured

Most Addicts like Trump simply switch Stimulants

Trump is Morbidly Obese & Like Every Addict Refuses to Address it

Trump also has this peculiar but recognizable Sniffing Tell

You may want to invest some time in research - I highly suggest this article for Starters

Is TRUMP an Addict First? Or a Narcissist First?

In a provocative study, “Narcissism as Addiction to Esteem,” Roy Baumeister and Kathleen Vohs argued that narcissism is, in fact, more like an addiction than a life-long personality trait.

They applied the cycle of addiction—cravings, increasing tolerance, and withdrawal—to narcissism and found that, indeed, “craving to feel superior and the indulgence of those cravings may be the defining feature of narcissism,” and narcissists appear to be “constantly on the lookout for new and greater triumphs that bring them greater glory.”

Finally, the authors address withdrawal: “When narcissists receive something other than the admiration they crave—indifference, criticism, disrespect—they exhibit considerable distress.”

Seeing narcissism as having the hallmarks of addiction also explains the instability of the narcissist’s relationships, which, they note, may be a function of depleting the supply of admiration he or she is getting from the source: They “tire of their partners when self-esteem benefits are no longer forthcoming.”

Source - https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/tech-support/201610/is-he-or-she-addict-first-or-narcissist-...

Trump is less fat than your friend, Oprah, who, unlike Trump, makes money from her obesity via Weight Watchers.  It's called "profiting from your mistakes."

And, what about your addiction to profuse writing in political forums?  When you stop, what happens to you?  As for me, I avoid that habit by intentionally getting banned often, which I recommend for everyone.

"Addiction is never Cured" - Wrong as usual.  Addiction is always cured by the death of the addict.  And, liberals grossly underestimate the degree to which people deserve that cure.

Please Accept My Thoughts & Prayers As You Navigate Through This Difficult Time In Your Life  💔

No, thanks.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 52

@aruzinsky wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

The Facts Are Very Clear Concerning Addictive Behavior Regardless of the Underlying Cause 

Addiction is never Cured

Most Addicts like Trump simply switch Stimulants

Trump is Morbidly Obese & Like Every Addict Refuses to Address it

Trump also has this peculiar but recognizable Sniffing Tell

You may want to invest some time in research - I highly suggest this article for Starters

Is TRUMP an Addict First? Or a Narcissist First?

In a provocative study, “Narcissism as Addiction to Esteem,” Roy Baumeister and Kathleen Vohs argued that narcissism is, in fact, more like an addiction than a life-long personality trait.

They applied the cycle of addiction—cravings, increasing tolerance, and withdrawal—to narcissism and found that, indeed, “craving to feel superior and the indulgence of those cravings may be the defining feature of narcissism,” and narcissists appear to be “constantly on the lookout for new and greater triumphs that bring them greater glory.”

Finally, the authors address withdrawal: “When narcissists receive something other than the admiration they crave—indifference, criticism, disrespect—they exhibit considerable distress.”

Seeing narcissism as having the hallmarks of addiction also explains the instability of the narcissist’s relationships, which, they note, may be a function of depleting the supply of admiration he or she is getting from the source: They “tire of their partners when self-esteem benefits are no longer forthcoming.”

Source - https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/tech-support/201610/is-he-or-she-addict-first-or-narcissist-...

Trump is less fat than your friend, Oprah, who, unlike Trump, makes money from her obesity via Weight Watchers.  It's called "profiting from your mistakes."

And, what about your addiction to profuse writing in political forums?  When you stop, what happens to you?  As for me, I avoid that habit by intentionally getting banned often, which I recommend for everyone.

Please Accept My Thoughts & Prayers As You Navigate Through This Difficult Time In Your Life  💔

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views