Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump Announces "Space Force" Program

Message 1 of 4

"What happened to Trumpcare? I  thought we were going to get something bigger and better, more comprehensive  coverage then the ACA for less money.

What happened to roads and bridges? I thought we were going to get new roads and bridges to replace crumbling ones.

What happened to no cuts to Social Security? I thought Trump was going to protect Social Security.

What happened to no cuts to Medicare?......"

I can't argue with anything from your post.

The time is ripe for Medicare-for-All in the minds of most Americans, but the budget deficit will, in all likelyhood, prevent that from even being seriously discussed.

If a recession kicks in, things will only get worse-for-all.

More unnecessary wars, along with more military spending will only exasperate the situation.

I can see members of Congress supporting Trump's "Space Force" if it benefits jobs in their states.
If members of Congress promote Space Force as a "national security" issue (a term now widely used), they can add it to the military budget, with little objection.

"The deficit" will conveniently be used as an excuse to block other government programs that benefit the majority.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

Donald the authoritarian is demanding that the US develop another branch of the military....but he can't do that.     Ignoblers seem more than willing to support this idea because it will give them a thrill to believe that this will make US look tough and #1.    Meanwhile, everyone else is shaking their heads in disbelief.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

Trump Announces "Space Force" Program

What happened to Trumpcare? I  thought we were going to get something bigger and better, more comprehensive  coverage then the ACA for less money.

What happened to roads and bridges? I thought we were going to get new roads and bridges to replace crumbling ones.

What happened to no cuts to Social Security. I thought Trump was going to protect Social Security.

What happened to no cuts to Medicare. I thought Trump was going to protect Medicare.

What happened to stopping the ATT / Time Warner merger because it was to much power in the hands of the few? I thought Trump was going to stop that merger.

What happened to fiscal responsibility Trump promised a balanced budget. We're running MONTHLY deficits of around 150 billion dollars. I thought Trump was going to balance the budget, or at least reduce the deficits to a  lower level then they were under Obama. I think annual deficits are as high as they were during the Great Recession.

What about the REAL unemployment rate, Trump said unemployment numbers were not real because the workforce participation rate had not gone up. I thought Trump was going to make that number go up, that number is now lower then at any point in the Great Recession.

Now Trump is promising a " Space Force".

How are we going to pay for that?  We can't afford health care, Social Security, Medicare, CHIP, SNAP.

How do we pay for all this stuff? 

Trump and Republicans  just gave the 1% a  huge permanent tax, and everyone else got tiny temporary tax cuts.

Borrow money from the Chinese?  We're in a trade war with them, Trump and Republicans hate the Chinese. A lot of hateful insults toward the Chinese, and I think they're like elephants, they never forget.

Look for investment from Europe, Trump and Republicans hate the EU, we're in a trade war with them too. A lot of hateful insults toward the EU. Attacks on NATO, attacks on long standing alliances.

Attacks on the post WWII American Hegemony.

We have NAFTA? Trump and Republicans hate Mexico and Canada. Also a trade war, and a lot of hateful insults.

Who are we on good terms with?

North Korea?

Think we can borrow money from Kim jong un?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump Announces "Space Force" Program

Message 4 of 4

February, 2014: Sanctions were imposed by the United States, the European Union and other countries and international organizations against individuals, businesses and officials from Russia and Ukraine in response to the annexation of Crimea by the Russian Federation .
Russia responded with sanctions against a number of countries, including a total ban on food imports from the EU, United States, Norway, Canada and Australia.
The sanctions contributed to the collapse of the Russian ruble and the Russian financial crisis. They also caused economic damage to a number of EU countries.

May 2014: Russia to Ban U.S. Astronauts after the year 2020.
Although the US and Russia have cooperated in space for decades, the conflict in Ukraine appears to be taking its toll.

NBC video:

https://www.nbcnews.com/watch/nightly-news/russia-to-ban-us-astronauts-from-iss-255198787958

November, 2017: China and Russia sign an agreement on joint space exploration from 2018 and 2022.
China, which faces difficulties in cooperating with some Western countries, hopes to have deeper cooperation with Russia in space programs. Russia could offer previous experience and aeronautic infrastructure. China could contribute new ideas and needed resources.

https://gbtimes.com/china-russia-agree-cooperation-on-lunar-and-deep-space-exploration-other-sectors

and VOX:

https://www.vox.com/2014/5/13/5714650/russia-just-evicted-nasa-from-the-international-space-station

June, 2018: President Trump announces Air Force to be joined with new "Space Force". 

Trump touted the new program would be an employment boon and further establish American dominance in outer space.
Trump: "We don't want China and Russia and other countries leading us. We've always led -- we've gone way far afield for decades now."

NBC Video:

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/president-trump-announces-air-force-to-be-joined-with-new-space-force-...

Russian American Astronauts.jpg

Above Photo - NASA astronaut Steven Swanson (left) trains with cosmonauts Alexander Skvortsov and Oleg Artemyev before their March 2014 launch to the space station.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors