Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
181
Views

Re: Trump: Again With The 'Global Warming' Ignorance -- BLECH!

181 Views
Message 11 of 88

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
thats funny. I read in the article the increase at 1.6 degrees " per century" the article said.

Actually you read in the article that the increase was between 1.3-1.6 degrees per century but as shown from the graph, these go in up and down cycles so looking at year 1900 and then looking at 2017+ you see more like a difference of 1+ degrees with a tendency down after 2017!

 

graph of yearly surface temperature from different data sets in different colors


Actually, the GOPerLords got you to confuse weather (the day to day changes) with climate (the long range trends). They do this to keep you from realizing the enormity of the problem because that would cause you to demand a solution to save your grandkids.

 

The solution involves keeping the GOPerLords from collecting many trillions of dollars from the rest of us burning their fossil fuel and even having them return to the days when they paid a fair share of maintaining the civilization that allows them to make other trillions of dollars.

 

What GOPers can't seem to fathom is the WEATHER records for hotest and coldest days are all because the planet is getting warmer. The warming CLIMATE causes EXTREME weather, hot and cold.


No one is confused but you and the left! Weather is day to day or weekly (which they can't get right) and "Climate Change" is over decades or centuries or millennia (which the left doesn't have a clue). I invite you and the left to protect our planet by not using any fossil fuels. The rest of us want to stay warm, travel where we want, enjoy things that are powered by electricity, and don't want to get gouged by Democrats for more taxes to fritter away.


You are correct, natural climate change would take place over millennia.  THE ISSUE IS THE SPEED OF THE PRESENT CHANGE MEANS IT CAN'T BE NATURAL. 

I invite you to actually have to courage to pay for the real cost of the energy that you are using and stop expecting others to subsidise your lifestyle.  I don't expect you to subsidise mine, and I shouldn't be expected to subsidise yours.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
181
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
182
Views

Re: Trump: Again With The 'Global Warming' Ignorance -- BLECH!

182 Views
Message 12 of 88

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
thats funny. I read in the article the increase at 1.6 degrees " per century" the article said.

Actually you read in the article that the increase was between 1.3-1.6 degrees per century but as shown from the graph, these go in up and down cycles so looking at year 1900 and then looking at 2017+ you see more like a difference of 1+ degrees with a tendency down after 2017!

 

graph of yearly surface temperature from different data sets in different colors


Actually, the GOPerLords got you to confuse weather (the day to day changes) with climate (the long range trends). They do this to keep you from realizing the enormity of the problem because that would cause you to demand a solution to save your grandkids.

 

The solution involves keeping the GOPerLords from collecting many trillions of dollars from the rest of us burning their fossil fuel and even having them return to the days when they paid a fair share of maintaining the civilization that allows them to make other trillions of dollars.

 

What GOPers can't seem to fathom is the WEATHER records for hotest and coldest days are all because the planet is getting warmer. The warming CLIMATE causes EXTREME weather, hot and cold.


No one is confused but you and the left! Weather is day to day or weekly (which they can't get right) and "Climate Change" is over decades or centuries or millennia (which the left doesn't have a clue). I invite you and the left to protect our planet by not using any fossil fuels. The rest of us want to stay warm, travel where we want, enjoy things that are powered by electricity, and don't want to get gouged by Democrats for more taxes to fritter away.


You just proved my last post to be correct. Climate change is real, it is accelerating at an alarming rate because of our use of fossil fuels. It needs addressed immediately, for that to happen the government needs to take the lead in it.


Why not show your intent to do your part by giving up the use of all fossil fuels. The left can make the big difference in your minds. Don't forget, call your electric and gas company to disconnect service immediately. Also, get rid of your car. If an electric vehicle, get rid of it also since it needs the grid to charge up.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
182
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
174
Views

Re: Trump: Again With The 'Global Warming' Ignorance -- BLECH!

174 Views
Message 13 of 88

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
thats funny. I read in the article the increase at 1.6 degrees " per century" the article said.

Actually you read in the article that the increase was between 1.3-1.6 degrees per century but as shown from the graph, these go in up and down cycles so looking at year 1900 and then looking at 2017+ you see more like a difference of 1+ degrees with a tendency down after 2017!

 

graph of yearly surface temperature from different data sets in different colors


Actually, the GOPerLords got you to confuse weather (the day to day changes) with climate (the long range trends). They do this to keep you from realizing the enormity of the problem because that would cause you to demand a solution to save your grandkids.

 

The solution involves keeping the GOPerLords from collecting many trillions of dollars from the rest of us burning their fossil fuel and even having them return to the days when they paid a fair share of maintaining the civilization that allows them to make other trillions of dollars.

 

What GOPers can't seem to fathom is the WEATHER records for hotest and coldest days are all because the planet is getting warmer. The warming CLIMATE causes EXTREME weather, hot and cold.


No one is confused but you and the left! Weather is day to day or weekly (which they can't get right) and "Climate Change" is over decades or centuries or millennia (which the left doesn't have a clue). I invite you and the left to protect our planet by not using any fossil fuels. The rest of us want to stay warm, travel where we want, enjoy things that are powered by electricity, and don't want to get gouged by Democrats for more taxes to fritter away.


You just proved my last post to be correct. Climate change is real, it is accelerating at an alarming rate because of our use of fossil fuels. It needs addressed immediately, for that to happen the government needs to take the lead in it.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
174
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
182
Views

Re: Trump: Again With The 'Global Warming' Ignorance -- BLECH!

182 Views
Message 14 of 88

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
thats funny. I read in the article the increase at 1.6 degrees " per century" the article said.

Actually you read in the article that the increase was between 1.3-1.6 degrees per century but as shown from the graph, these go in up and down cycles so looking at year 1900 and then looking at 2017+ you see more like a difference of 1+ degrees with a tendency down after 2017!

 

graph of yearly surface temperature from different data sets in different colors


Actually, the GOPerLords got you to confuse weather (the day to day changes) with climate (the long range trends). They do this to keep you from realizing the enormity of the problem because that would cause you to demand a solution to save your grandkids.

 

The solution involves keeping the GOPerLords from collecting many trillions of dollars from the rest of us burning their fossil fuel and even having them return to the days when they paid a fair share of maintaining the civilization that allows them to make other trillions of dollars.

 

What GOPers can't seem to fathom is the WEATHER records for hotest and coldest days are all because the planet is getting warmer. The warming CLIMATE causes EXTREME weather, hot and cold.


No one is confused but you and the left! Weather is day to day or weekly (which they can't get right) and "Climate Change" is over decades or centuries or millennia (which the left doesn't have a clue). I invite you and the left to protect our planet by not using any fossil fuels. The rest of us want to stay warm, travel where we want, enjoy things that are powered by electricity, and don't want to get gouged by Democrats for more taxes to fritter away.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
182
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
205
Views

Re: Trump: Again With The 'Global Warming' Ignorance -- BLECH!

205 Views
Message 15 of 88

@MsStretch wrote:

Bottom line:  Whether you believe in climate change being an immediate threat or not, 197 countries DO.  That is the number who signed the Paris Accord Agreement.  Only 2 countries did not sign -- Syria, who was undergoing some of its worst internal strife and civil war at the time and was unable to attend the Paris meeting; and Nicaragua, who felt the PAC was not strong enough.  North Korea signed.  Iraq signed.  Yemen signed.  The U.S. signed, but now Celebrity President reneged because he doesn't believe in 'climate change' or 'global warming' or 'global waming[sic]'.  Not a popular belief held by many; actually held by none of the rest of the world.

 

Bottom line;  Global investors managing trillions of dollars have urged countries and companies to step up their efforts.  Major companies, worldwide and American, have implemented policies and changes to procedures to battle climate change. The latest to announce policy changes is BP.

 

BP has pledged to align its business more closely with global climate goals and link the bonuses of 36,000 employees to greenhouse gas reduction targets.

 

The company said Friday that it would support a resolution from activist investors that calls on BP to align its goals with the 2015 Paris Agreement, which aims to keep global warming "well below" 2 degrees Celsius.

Source: CNN Business

 

Bottom line:  Climate change has nothing to do with being left or right, liberal or conservative, Democrat or Republican, American or Russian, Christian or Muslim, rich or poor.  If you choose to deny climate change, so be it.  You and the president are in the minority.  You believe or you don't. I only know that no one will ever convince me this is all a hoax or that it is the natural way of things.


trump supporters will deny anything that is true if trump doesn't agree with it.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
205
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
202
Views

Re: Trump: Again With The 'Global Warming' Ignorance -- BLECH!

202 Views
Message 16 of 88

Bottom line:  Whether you believe in climate change being an immediate threat or not, 197 countries DO.  That is the number who signed the Paris Accord Agreement.  Only 2 countries did not sign -- Syria, who was undergoing some of its worst internal strife and civil war at the time and was unable to attend the Paris meeting; and Nicaragua, who felt the PAC was not strong enough.  North Korea signed.  Iraq signed.  Yemen signed.  The U.S. signed, but now Celebrity President reneged because he doesn't believe in 'climate change' or 'global warming' or 'global waming[sic]'.  Not a popular belief held by many; actually held by none of the rest of the world.

 

Bottom line;  Global investors managing trillions of dollars have urged countries and companies to step up their efforts.  Major companies, worldwide and American, have implemented policies and changes to procedures to battle climate change. The latest to announce policy changes is BP.

 

BP has pledged to align its business more closely with global climate goals and link the bonuses of 36,000 employees to greenhouse gas reduction targets.

 

The company said Friday that it would support a resolution from activist investors that calls on BP to align its goals with the 2015 Paris Agreement, which aims to keep global warming "well below" 2 degrees Celsius.

Source: CNN Business

 

Bottom line:  Climate change has nothing to do with being left or right, liberal or conservative, Democrat or Republican, American or Russian, Christian or Muslim, rich or poor.  If you choose to deny climate change, so be it.  You and the president are in the minority.  You believe or you don't. I only know that no one will ever convince me this is all a hoax or that it is the natural way of things.



    

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
202
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
211
Views

Re: Trump: Again With The 'Global Warming' Ignorance -- BLECH!

211 Views
Message 17 of 88

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
thats funny. I read in the article the increase at 1.6 degrees " per century" the article said.

Actually you read in the article that the increase was between 1.3-1.6 degrees per century but as shown from the graph, these go in up and down cycles so looking at year 1900 and then looking at 2017+ you see more like a difference of 1+ degrees with a tendency down after 2017!

 

graph of yearly surface temperature from different data sets in different colors


Actually, the GOPerLords got you to confuse weather (the day to day changes) with climate (the long range trends). They do this to keep you from realizing the enormity of the problem because that would cause you to demand a solution to save your grandkids.

 

The solution involves keeping the GOPerLords from collecting many trillions of dollars from the rest of us burning their fossil fuel and even having them return to the days when they paid a fair share of maintaining the civilization that allows them to make other trillions of dollars.

 

What GOPers can't seem to fathom is the WEATHER records for hotest and coldest days are all because the planet is getting warmer. The warming CLIMATE causes EXTREME weather, hot and cold.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
211
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
207
Views

Re: Trump: Again With The 'Global Warming' Ignorance -- BLECH!

207 Views
Message 18 of 88

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:


So if we stop using coal today is it your position that we would not have to clean up the coal ash ponds?  That is the reason we need to pay the full cost of energy as we use it.


 I am not in favor of a carbon tax as a catch all for money to be put in the "general fund" for future nonsense problems like: medicare for all, free college, giving to other countries to clean up the environment, free xxx,.....

 

 


OK.  So who is going to pay for the ash pond clean-ups?  Once a coal company declares bankruptcy, there is no way to make them pay.


The same people that pay for relocating the spent fuel rods in PG&E's (which is bankrupt) nuclear plant. There is no way to make PG&E pay once they're bankrupt! I'll tell you who isn't paying - the illegal aliens in this country.


These "same people" you are talking about are simply the tax payers.  Since you say illegals aren't paying taxes (a false claim), don't you think they should have been charged a "clean-up" fee for their energy at the time of use.  The way to get a company to pay, is to force them to put aside money into a separate account that cannot be accessed except for clean-up.  Total amount of money needed in these accounts would be determined by the bean counters analyzing the data.  Your solution just leaves normal citizens with a huge bill to pay, regardless of how much of the energy they used.


From your posts, you think it's a good idea throwing money to the wind to clean up "climate change"?  Another Solyndra?

 

Another "green scam":   https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/30998-texas-city-celebrated-by-al-gore-in-finan...

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nmL0aTXXoM&t=322s


As far as Solyndra, read my response to easyed right before what you posted.

The reason Georgetown Texas is in trouble is that we need a National Solution to the issue.

As far as your youtube link, geoengineering watch is considered a pseudo-science sight that promotes conspiracy theories.  They don't seem to be able to understand what a scientific fact is.  In fact, they may be the worst pseudo-science conspiracy theory website around.  Dane Wigington's claims have re[eatedly been debunked, but this doesn't stop this non-scientist from continuing to repeat them.

 

You will have to point out where I said throwing money to the wind.  I proposed is having companies charge enough to create funds (if you don't trust the Government to hold it, then the Companies can hold it with the proper regulations) for clean-up and mitigation when and where it is needed.

 

As a true Conservative, I expect to pay my own way and do not expect others to pay for my lifestyle choices in the future.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
207
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
218
Views

Re: Trump: Again With The 'Global Warming' Ignorance -- BLECH!

218 Views
Message 19 of 88

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:


You can't mitigate something that you are not sure the outcome or if it needs fixing or the best way to fix it. If you want to throw money at a problem that might not be a problem, or can't be fixed, that is the left's prerogative.


Even if the change is natural as you claim (it is not), that means that infrastructure will need to be moved to support the changing agricultural areas, sea walls will need to be built to protect coastal cities, the cost of clean-up from more powerful storms will increase, etc.

When you know doing something like using coal will cause future pollution problems that will need to be cleaned up, THAT IS THE ENERGY WELFARE I am talking about.


Coal use is down dramatically because....natural gas is plentiful and cheap. Technology has a way of mitigating problems that government can't. We might see fuel cell cars soon that burn hydrogen and the exhaust is water if technology brings costs down.  Government has a way of messing things up.


So if we stop using coal today is it your position that we would not have to clean up the coal ash ponds?  That is the reason we need to pay the full cost of energy as we use it.


 I am not in favor of a carbon tax as a catch all for money to be put in the "general fund" for future nonsense problems like: medicare for all, free college, giving to other countries to clean up the environment, free xxx,.....

 

 


OK.  So who is going to pay for the ash pond clean-ups?  Once a coal company declares bankruptcy, there is no way to make them pay.


The same people that pay for relocating the spent fuel rods in PG&E's (which is bankrupt) nuclear plant. There is no way to make PG&E pay once they're bankrupt! I'll tell you who isn't paying - the illegal aliens in this country.


These "same people" you are talking about are simply the tax payers.  Since you say illegals aren't paying taxes (a false claim), don't you think they should have been charged a "clean-up" fee for their energy at the time of use.  The way to get a company to pay, is to force them to put aside money into a separate account that cannot be accessed except for clean-up.  Total amount of money needed in these accounts would be determined by the bean counters analyzing the data.  Your solution just leaves normal citizens with a huge bill to pay, regardless of how much of the energy they used.


From your posts, you think it's a good idea throwing money to the wind to clean up "climate change"?  Another Solyndra?

 

Another "green scam":   https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/30998-texas-city-celebrated-by-al-gore-in-finan...

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nmL0aTXXoM&t=322s

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
218
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
232
Views

Re: Trump: Again With The 'Global Warming' Ignorance -- BLECH!

232 Views
Message 20 of 88

@easyed598 wrote:

Sp362 wrote-  Your solution just leaves normal citizens with a huge bill to pay, regardless of how much of the energy they used.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------We had a huge bill to pay when  solar Solyandra went bankrupt. Coal comanies won`t go bankrupt as long as Trump is President and a future Republican President.


The money lost on Solyndra was 528 million.  To clean up the ash ponds at ONE facility will cost about 700 million.  As far as your comment about coal, and corporate health, you really need to study trends.  20 years ago, would you have said that Sears and JC Penney's would be in trouble?  Would you have said that the "baby bells" would be worth more than AT&T and that they would be bought by SBC?  If you think that coal companies will always be viable, you need to study capitalism and how technology impacts market forces.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
232
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.


gamer Regan C.

Top Authors