Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
140
Views

Re: Trump: Again With The 'Global Warming' Ignorance -- BLECH!

140 Views
Message 1 of 88

The absence of a "carbon tax" is a huge Government subsidity to Big Carbon paid by the people who DIE from the pollution, 13,000 each year in the USA and now 14,400 as lil donny's coal policy increased the death toll by 1,400/year.

 

Republicans rejoice that their GOPerLords' profits are being protected by a pile of corpses provided by mostly poor and nonwhite "donors" who can't relocate away from the airborn death. Decent people will get that situation corrected in 2020.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
140
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
144
Views

Re: Trump: Again With The 'Global Warming' Ignorance -- BLECH!

144 Views
Message 2 of 88

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:



I'm not waiting for anything and carefully plan everything. Any "clean ups" needed  for companies should be paid for by the companies which have maintenance costs built in to prices already. Since you will next ask about companies that are bankrupt, that's what we have bankruptcy judges for. As far a carbon tax to put in the general fund for "future problems" (like medicare for all, free housing, etc), no way! 

 

I now know your feelings on this and you know mine!


That is the issue with your thinking.  Science is not based on feelings, it is based facts.  By denying it is happening you are simply choosing obstinance or ignorance.  Whenever you try to produce to fact to support your position, it is from some totally discredited source such as geoengineering watch. 

 

You are entitled to your POLITICAL OPINION of what should be done about it.  If your opinion is we can do nothing because I can't afford it, then that is your opinion.  I personally don't agree with it because I expect to pay my own way.


I believe in science, just not YOUR science! I think it's good that you want to pay your way as I do, just in different methods.

 

You can show your support by giving up the use of fossil fuels.


You have yet to link to any actual science, so your statement is meaningless.  If you want to post something to verify your position, I would be happy to discuss it.  To verify my position, just read the latest IPCC report.

 

My carbon footprint is extremely low.  If we keep waiting to do something, then people will need to stop using carbon fuels entirely instead of just reducing them to where needed.

 

If you are expecting me to pay for your energy usage, then I am still paying for fossil fuels, even if I am not using them.  I believe that is called welfare.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
144
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
158
Views

Re: Trump: Again With The 'Global Warming' Ignorance -- BLECH!

158 Views
Message 3 of 88

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:


If you are expecting the Government to pay for pollution clean-ups caused by energy usage, then you are obviously aren't paying the full cost of what you are using.  Did you wait until your children went to college before you started saving for their education?  Did you wait until you were retired to start your retirement nest egg?


I'm not waiting for anything and carefully plan everything. Any "clean ups" needed  for companies should be paid for by the companies which have maintenance costs built in to prices already. Since you will next ask about companies that are bankrupt, that's what we have bankruptcy judges for. As far a carbon tax to put in the general fund for "future problems" (like medicare for all, free housing, etc), no way! 

 

I now know your feelings on this and you know mine!


That is the issue with your thinking.  Science is not based on feelings, it is based facts.  By denying it is happening you are simply choosing obstinance or ignorance.  Whenever you try to produce to fact to support your position, it is from some totally discredited source such as geoengineering watch. 

 

You are entitled to your POLITICAL OPINION of what should be done about it.  If your opinion is we can do nothing because I can't afford it, then that is your opinion.  I personally don't agree with it because I expect to pay my own way.


I believe in science, just not YOUR science! I think it's good that you want to pay your way as I do, just in different methods.

 

You can show your support by giving up the use of fossil fuels.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
158
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
165
Views

Re: Trump: Again With The 'Global Warming' Ignorance -- BLECH!

165 Views
Message 4 of 88

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:


If you are expecting the Government to pay for pollution clean-ups caused by energy usage, then you are obviously aren't paying the full cost of what you are using.  Did you wait until your children went to college before you started saving for their education?  Did you wait until you were retired to start your retirement nest egg?


I'm not waiting for anything and carefully plan everything. Any "clean ups" needed  for companies should be paid for by the companies which have maintenance costs built in to prices already. Since you will next ask about companies that are bankrupt, that's what we have bankruptcy judges for. As far a carbon tax to put in the general fund for "future problems" (like medicare for all, free housing, etc), no way! 

 

I now know your feelings on this and you know mine!


That is the issue with your thinking.  Science is not based on feelings, it is based facts.  By denying it is happening you are simply choosing obstinance or ignorance.  Whenever you try to produce to fact to support your position, it is from some totally discredited source such as geoengineering watch. 

 

You are entitled to your POLITICAL OPINION of what should be done about it.  If your opinion is we can do nothing because I can't afford it, then that is your opinion.  I personally don't agree with it because I expect to pay my own way.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
165
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
169
Views

Re: Trump: Again With The 'Global Warming' Ignorance -- BLECH!

169 Views
Message 5 of 88

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:


You have no idea what I do to limit the use of fossil fuels, nor what many others here may be doing. By the way, I have no "electric car", but my vehicle does get over 40 miles to gallon of the hi-way. 

 

Your being accusatory does nothing to help the situation.


Get rid of your 40 mpg car if you are serious about the "problem". I am not being accusatory at all but asking you to do EVERYTHING you can before asking others to participate.


The TOS prohibits me from giving you a completely appropriate response. Trump supporters sometimes display the same childish qualities that trump does in his endless manic tweets.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
169
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
180
Views

Re: Trump: Again With The 'Global Warming' Ignorance -- BLECH!

180 Views
Message 6 of 88

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:


You are correct, natural climate change would take place over millennia.  THE ISSUE IS THE SPEED OF THE PRESENT CHANGE MEANS IT CAN'T BE NATURAL. 

I invite you to actually have to courage to pay for the real cost of the energy that you are using and stop expecting others to subsidise your lifestyle.  I don't expect you to subsidise mine, and I shouldn't be expected to subsidise yours.


In my opinion, I am paying for the energy I use already. I don't want to subsidize you or other's plans that are questionable solutions to a questionable problem.


If you are expecting the Government to pay for pollution clean-ups caused by energy usage, then you are obviously aren't paying the full cost of what you are using.  Did you wait until your children went to college before you started saving for their education?  Did you wait until you were retired to start your retirement nest egg?


I'm not waiting for anything and carefully plan everything. Any "clean ups" needed  for companies should be paid for by the companies which have maintenance costs built in to prices already. Since you will next ask about companies that are bankrupt, that's what we have bankruptcy judges for. As far a carbon tax to put in the general fund for "future problems" (like medicare for all, free housing, etc), no way! 

 

I now know your feelings on this and you know mine!

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
180
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
190
Views

Re: Trump: Again With The 'Global Warming' Ignorance -- BLECH!

190 Views
Message 7 of 88

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:


You are correct, natural climate change would take place over millennia.  THE ISSUE IS THE SPEED OF THE PRESENT CHANGE MEANS IT CAN'T BE NATURAL. 

I invite you to actually have to courage to pay for the real cost of the energy that you are using and stop expecting others to subsidise your lifestyle.  I don't expect you to subsidise mine, and I shouldn't be expected to subsidise yours.


In my opinion, I am paying for the energy I use already. I don't want to subsidize you or other's plans that are questionable solutions to a questionable problem.


If you are expecting the Government to pay for pollution clean-ups caused by energy usage, then you are obviously aren't paying the full cost of what you are using.  Did you wait until your children went to college before you started saving for their education?  Did you wait until you were retired to start your retirement nest egg?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
190
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
200
Views

Re: Trump: Again With The 'Global Warming' Ignorance -- BLECH!

200 Views
Message 8 of 88

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
thats funny. I read in the article the increase at 1.6 degrees " per century" the article said.

Actually you read in the article that the increase was between 1.3-1.6 degrees per century but as shown from the graph, these go in up and down cycles so looking at year 1900 and then looking at 2017+ you see more like a difference of 1+ degrees with a tendency down after 2017!

 

graph of yearly surface temperature from different data sets in different colors


Actually, the GOPerLords got you to confuse weather (the day to day changes) with climate (the long range trends). They do this to keep you from realizing the enormity of the problem because that would cause you to demand a solution to save your grandkids.

 

The solution involves keeping the GOPerLords from collecting many trillions of dollars from the rest of us burning their fossil fuel and even having them return to the days when they paid a fair share of maintaining the civilization that allows them to make other trillions of dollars.

 

What GOPers can't seem to fathom is the WEATHER records for hotest and coldest days are all because the planet is getting warmer. The warming CLIMATE causes EXTREME weather, hot and cold.


No one is confused but you and the left! Weather is day to day or weekly (which they can't get right) and "Climate Change" is over decades or centuries or millennia (which the left doesn't have a clue). I invite you and the left to protect our planet by not using any fossil fuels. The rest of us want to stay warm, travel where we want, enjoy things that are powered by electricity, and don't want to get gouged by Democrats for more taxes to fritter away.


You just proved my last post to be correct. Climate change is real, it is accelerating at an alarming rate because of our use of fossil fuels. It needs addressed immediately, for that to happen the government needs to take the lead in it.


Why not show your intent to do your part by giving up the use of all fossil fuels. The left can make the big difference in your minds. Don't forget, call your electric and gas company to disconnect service immediately. Also, get rid of your car. If an electric vehicle, get rid of it also since it needs the grid to charge up.


You have no idea what I do to limit the use of fossil fuels, nor what many others here may be doing. By the way, I have no "electric car", but my vehicle does get over 40 miles to gallon of the hi-way. 

 

Your being accusatory does nothing to help the situation.


Get rid of your 40 mpg car if you are serious about the "problem". I am not being accusatory at all but asking you to do EVERYTHING you can before asking others to participate.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
200
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
209
Views

Re: Trump: Again With The 'Global Warming' Ignorance -- BLECH!

209 Views
Message 9 of 88

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
thats funny. I read in the article the increase at 1.6 degrees " per century" the article said.

Actually you read in the article that the increase was between 1.3-1.6 degrees per century but as shown from the graph, these go in up and down cycles so looking at year 1900 and then looking at 2017+ you see more like a difference of 1+ degrees with a tendency down after 2017!

 

graph of yearly surface temperature from different data sets in different colors


Actually, the GOPerLords got you to confuse weather (the day to day changes) with climate (the long range trends). They do this to keep you from realizing the enormity of the problem because that would cause you to demand a solution to save your grandkids.

 

The solution involves keeping the GOPerLords from collecting many trillions of dollars from the rest of us burning their fossil fuel and even having them return to the days when they paid a fair share of maintaining the civilization that allows them to make other trillions of dollars.

 

What GOPers can't seem to fathom is the WEATHER records for hotest and coldest days are all because the planet is getting warmer. The warming CLIMATE causes EXTREME weather, hot and cold.


No one is confused but you and the left! Weather is day to day or weekly (which they can't get right) and "Climate Change" is over decades or centuries or millennia (which the left doesn't have a clue). I invite you and the left to protect our planet by not using any fossil fuels. The rest of us want to stay warm, travel where we want, enjoy things that are powered by electricity, and don't want to get gouged by Democrats for more taxes to fritter away.


You just proved my last post to be correct. Climate change is real, it is accelerating at an alarming rate because of our use of fossil fuels. It needs addressed immediately, for that to happen the government needs to take the lead in it.


Why not show your intent to do your part by giving up the use of all fossil fuels. The left can make the big difference in your minds. Don't forget, call your electric and gas company to disconnect service immediately. Also, get rid of your car. If an electric vehicle, get rid of it also since it needs the grid to charge up.


You have no idea what I do to limit the use of fossil fuels, nor what many others here may be doing. By the way, I have no "electric car", but my vehicle does get over 40 miles to gallon of the hi-way. 

 

Your being accusatory does nothing to help the situation.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
209
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
211
Views

Re: Trump: Again With The 'Global Warming' Ignorance -- BLECH!

211 Views
Message 10 of 88

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
thats funny. I read in the article the increase at 1.6 degrees " per century" the article said.

Actually you read in the article that the increase was between 1.3-1.6 degrees per century but as shown from the graph, these go in up and down cycles so looking at year 1900 and then looking at 2017+ you see more like a difference of 1+ degrees with a tendency down after 2017!

 

graph of yearly surface temperature from different data sets in different colors


Actually, the GOPerLords got you to confuse weather (the day to day changes) with climate (the long range trends). They do this to keep you from realizing the enormity of the problem because that would cause you to demand a solution to save your grandkids.

 

The solution involves keeping the GOPerLords from collecting many trillions of dollars from the rest of us burning their fossil fuel and even having them return to the days when they paid a fair share of maintaining the civilization that allows them to make other trillions of dollars.

 

What GOPers can't seem to fathom is the WEATHER records for hotest and coldest days are all because the planet is getting warmer. The warming CLIMATE causes EXTREME weather, hot and cold.


No one is confused but you and the left! Weather is day to day or weekly (which they can't get right) and "Climate Change" is over decades or centuries or millennia (which the left doesn't have a clue). I invite you and the left to protect our planet by not using any fossil fuels. The rest of us want to stay warm, travel where we want, enjoy things that are powered by electricity, and don't want to get gouged by Democrats for more taxes to fritter away.


You are correct, natural climate change would take place over millennia.  THE ISSUE IS THE SPEED OF THE PRESENT CHANGE MEANS IT CAN'T BE NATURAL. 

I invite you to actually have to courage to pay for the real cost of the energy that you are using and stop expecting others to subsidise your lifestyle.  I don't expect you to subsidise mine, and I shouldn't be expected to subsidise yours.


In my opinion, I am paying for the energy I use already. I don't want to subsidize you or other's plans that are questionable solutions to a questionable problem.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
211
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors