Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump 5 Times - No Talks W/ Russians - Now Peanuts

Message 21 of 29

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Mick I hope you won't mind if I but into this discussion you are having with yourself with a thought but - "peanut stuff" is about content or context, not about the number of people or their relationships.

In the World of Reality where most Americans Reside - Peanut Stuff is all about Crunchy or Creamy..............who knows what Trumps means but 

When are you going to give up this Charade?

Trump said for years that No One in His Campaign Had any Contact with Russians

The 16 People Above including Two of his Children - Had Contact with Russians

Trump also has said He knows Putin - He Doesn't know Putin - He Would Get Along With Putin - he now proved all that by supporting Putins denial that Putin & Russia interfered in the 2016 Election - even though Trumps Own Government vehemently disagreed

So Far - We Have 16 Trump Employees - Remember he only Hires - "The Best" - who first denied along with Trump that neither himself of anyone is his Campaign had any Contact with Russians

As soon as the Truth came out about Flynn - Trump begrudgingly admitted - oh OK Flynn - with the Ridiculous Caveat - well if Fynn wasn't talking to Russians - I would have been upset - that was his job

As Sonny & Cher used to say - The Beat Goes On

You had an extensive discussion with yourself about people - specific crimes committed is the issue - or should be.

As to Flynn, he was approached and spoke - problem??

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 29

@rk9152 wrote:

Mick I hope you won't mind if I but into this discussion you are having with yourself with a thought but - "peanut stuff" is about content or context, not about the number of people or their relationships.

In the World of Reality where most Americans Reside - Peanut Stuff is all about Crunchy or Creamy..............who knows what Trumps means but 

When are you going to give up this Charade?

Trump said for years that No One in His Campaign Had any Contact with Russians

The 16 People Above including Two of his Children - Had Contact with Russians

Trump also has said He knows Putin - He Doesn't know Putin - He Would Get Along With Putin - he now proved all that by supporting Putins denial that Putin & Russia interfered in the 2016 Election - even though Trumps Own Government vehemently disagreed

So Far - We Have 16 Trump Employees - Remember he only Hires - "The Best" - who first denied along with Trump that neither himself of anyone is his Campaign had any Contact with Russians

As soon as the Truth came out about Flynn - Trump begrudgingly admitted - oh OK Flynn - with the Ridiculous Caveat - well if Fynn wasn't talking to Russians - I would have been upset - that was his job

As Sonny & Cher used to say - The Beat Goes On

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 29

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 29

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Trump supporters could care less if Russia helped get trump elected or not. Unpatriotic. Any true patriot would not support trump.

It's Even Worse Than That...............................

I doubt most Americans are overly concerned enough to take any meaningful action

Obama & the Democrats knew all along this was going on & instead of Doing Their Constitutional Duty and Alerting the American Public

They decided to play Politics while a Covert Attack on our Country was in progress

Because of their Political Calculations - The Country is now having to tear itself apart after the fact

Trying to Right a Wrong that should have been exposed immediately

Trying to unseat or Tarnish a President who never should have been allowed to be the Candidate never mind the Nominee and now the President

The Rules Determining Who Can Be a Presidential Candidate Need to be Updated

The Ambiguity in What are the Exact Powers of a President & Whether or not a President can be indicted for Criminal Behavior need to clarified

All this nonsense about - well Legal Scholars Beleive & Unofficial Justice Department Rules & Guidelines seem to imply - is garbage when we live in a World where we can alter the DNA of unfertilized eggs and sperm - send unmanned space craft to planets that take years to arrive at

But we still aren't sure about exactly what the Powers of the most Powerful Person on Earth are or are not - and the most Timid Presidents get railroaded by one Congress and the most Aggresive Presidents get to be King

It's Nonsensical - Illogical!

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 29

Trump supporters could care less if Russia helped get trump elected or not. Unpatriotic. Any true patriot would not support trump.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 29

5 times Donald Trump’s team denied contact with Russia

White House press secretary Sean Spicer was asked Tuesday — before the explosive reports came out — if that was still the company line. He didn't amend it:

QUESTION: Back in January, the president said that nobody in his campaign had been in touch with the Russians. Now today, can you still say definitively that nobody on the Trump campaign — not even General Flynn — had any contact with the Russians before the election?

SPICER: My understanding is that what General Flynn has now expressed is that during the transition period — well, we were very clear that during the transition period, he did — he did speak with the ambassador.

QUESTION: I'm talking about during the campaign.

SPICER: I don't have any — I — there's nothing that would conclude me that anything different has changed with respect to that time period.

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said this back in a December appearance on “Face the Nation” with John Dickerson:

DICKERSON: Did anyone involved in the Trump campaign have any contact with Russians trying to meddle with the election?

CONWAY: Absolutely not. And I discussed that with the president-elect just last night. Those conversations never happened. I hear people saying it like it's a fact on television. That is just not only inaccurate and false, but it's dangerous and it does undermine our democracy.

There was also then-Vice President-elect Pence, during Jan. 15 interviews in which he also passed along Michael Flynn's faulty information about Flynn not having discussed sanctions with... to the United States. Speaking to “Fox News Sunday's” Chris Wallace, Pence also denied any contact between the campaign and the Kremlin:

WALLACE: I’m asking a direct question: Was there any contact in any way between Trump or his associates and the Kremlin or cutouts they had?

PENCE: I joined this campaign in the summer, and I can tell you that all the contact by the Trump campaign and associates was with the American people. We were fully engaged with taking his message to make America great again all across this country. That’s why he won in a landslide election.

(CROSSTALK)

WALLACE: -- if there were any contacts, sir, I’m just trying to get an answer.

PENCE: Yes. I — of course not. Why would there be any contacts between the campaign? Chris, the — this is all a distraction, and it's all part of a narrative to delegitimize the election and to question the legitimacy of this presidency. The American people see right through it.

And here he was the same day on "Face the Nation":

DICKERSON: Just to button up one question, did any adviser or anybody in the Trump campaign have any contact with the Russians who were trying to meddle in the election?

MIKE PENCE: Of course not. And I think to suggest that is to give credence to some of these bizarre rumors that have swirled around the candidacy.

Source - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/15/4-times-donald-trumps-team-denied-contact-...

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 29

QUESTION: During your campaign, did anyone from your team [have contacts with the] Russian government or Russian intelligence? And if so, what was the nature of those conversations?

TRUMP: The failing New York Times wrote a big, long front-page story yesterday. And it was very much discredited, as you know. It was -- it's a joke. And the people mentioned in the story, I notice they were on television today saying they never even spoke to Russia. They weren't even a part, really -- I mean, they were such a minor part. They -- I hadn't spoken to them.

QUESTION: I just want to get you to clarify this very important point. Can you say definitively that nobody on your campaign had any contacts with the Russians during the campaign? And on the leaks, is it fake news or are these real leaks?

TRUMP: Well the leaks are real. You're the one that wrote about them and reported them, I mean the leaks are real. You know what they said, you saw it and the leaks are absolutely real. The news is fake because so much of the news is fake. So one thing that I felt it was very important to do -- and I hope we can correct it. Because there's nobody I have more respect for -- well, maybe a little bit but the reporters, good reporters.

[after a lengthy answer, the reporter repeats the question about contacts between his campaign and Russia}

TRUMPWell, I had nothing to do with it. I have nothing to do with Russia. I told you, I have no deals there, I have no anything.

QUESTION: Thank you. I was just hoping that we could get a yes or no answer on one of these questions involving Russia. Can you say whether you are aware that anyone who advised your campaign had contacts with Russia during the course of the election?

TRUMP: Well I told you, Gen. Flynn obviously was dealing. So that's one person. But he was dealing, as he should have been.

QUESTION: During the election? 

TRUMP: No. Nobody that I know of. Nobody...

QUESTION: So you're not aware of any contact during the course...

TRUMP: Look, look, look...

QUESTION: ... of the election?

TRUMP: How many times do I have to answer this question?

QUESTION: Can you just say yes or no?

TRUMP: Russia is a ruse.

I know you have to get up and ask a question. It's so important. Russia is a ruse. I have nothing to do with Russia. Haven't made a phone call to Russia in years. Don't speak to people from Russia. Not that I wouldn't. I just have nobody to speak to.

I have nothing to do with Russia. To the best of my knowledge no person that I deal with does.

Now, Manafort has totally denied it. He denied it. Now people knew that he was a consultant over in that part of the world for a while, but not for Russia. I think he represented Ukraine or people having to do with Ukraine, or people that -- whoever. But people knew that. Everybody knew that.

QUESTION: But in his capacity as your campaign manager, was he in touch with Russian officials during the election?

TRUMP: You know what? He said no. I could only tell you what he -- now he was replaced long before the election. You know that, right? He was replaced long before the election. When all of this stuff started coming out, it came out during the election. But Paul Manafort, who's a good man also by the way, Paul Manfort was replaced long before the election took place. He was only there for a short period of time. 

Source - https://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-here-s-the-transcript...

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 29

Trump Team Russian Contacts 2.png

1. Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort attended the June 2016 meeting at Trump Tower with a group of Russians who were said to have dirt on Hillary Clinton. He also met with and emailed Konstantin Kilimnik, his Russian business associate who is suspected of having ties to Russian intelligence, according to court records.

2. Senior Trump campaign official Rick Gates was also in communication during the campaign with Kilimnik, who has suspected ties to Russian intelligence, according to court records.

3. Former national security adviser Michael Flynn exchanged phone calls and text messages with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak during the Trump transition. He also was with White House senior adviser and Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner when they met Kislyak in Trump Tower during the transition.

4. Trump's son Donald Trump Jr. attended the June 2016 meeting at Trump Tower. Around that time, he had at least three phone calls with Emin Agalarov, the Russian pop star who helped arrange the meeting. Trump Jr. also was briefly introduced to Russian banker Alexander Torshin at a dinner during the National Rifle Association convention. Federal prosecutors said in 2018 that Torshin was the handler of alleged Russian spy Maria Butina.

5. White House senior adviser Jared Kushner also attended the Trump Tower meeting. During the transition, he met Kislyak and Russian state banker Sergey Gorkov.

6. Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos met a few times with Kremlin-connected professor Joseph Mifsud and a Russian woman who falsely claimed to be Vladimir Putin's niece. He was also in touch with Ivan Timofeev, a Russian foreign policy analyst.

7. Former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page met Kislyak during the Republican convention. He also met Russian lawmakers and an executive from the Kremlin-run oil company Rosneft during trips to Russia in July and December 2016.

8. Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions had two meetings with Kislyak during the campaign. The first was on the sidelines of the Republican convention. The second was in his Senate office in Washington in September 2016.

9. Trump campaign official JD Gordon also met Kislyak during the Republican National Convention. He says he spoke with Kislyak at two separate events.

10. Former Trump campaign adviser Roger Stone met a Russian man in May 2016 who called himself Henry Greenberg and offered dirt on Clinton for $2 million. Stone also exchanged private Twitter messages with Russian intelligence operatives posing as the hacker Guccifer 2.0.

11. Former Trump campaign aide Michael Caputo was also in touch with the Russian man who went by Hank Greenberg. Caputo said he helped arrange Greenbeg's meeting with Stone.

12. Trump associate Erik Prince met with Russian state banker Kirill Dmitriev during a controversial January 2017 trip to the Seychelles. Prince told Congress that they discussed business.

13. White House official Avi Berkowitz, who has served as Kushner's personal assistant, met with Kislyak during the Trump transition.

14. Former Trump attorney Michael Cohen was in touch with at least two Russian companies during the campaign that wanted to build a Trump Tower in Moscow. He had a 20-minute phone call with someone from the office of Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov about the project, according to court filings. And he spoke to a Russian man who claimed to have influential connections and offered "political synergy" with the Trump campaign, according to court filings.

15. White House senior adviser Ivanka Trump was in contact with the wife of the Russian who offered "synergy" to Cohen. Her spokesman confirmed that she received an email and passed it along to Cohen.

16. Trump business associate Felix Sater, who previously worked with Trump on real estate deals, was in touch with Russians as he worked with Cohen on the Trump Tower Moscow project.

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump 5 Times - No Talks W/ Russians - Now Peanuts

Message 29 of 29

Source - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaUeVpjhS0U

Trump Team Russian Contacts 2.png

“Michael Cohen is a lawyer. I assume he would know what he’s doing,” Trump said when asked if he had discussed campaign finance laws with Cohen.

“Number one, it wasn’t a campaign contribution. If it were, it’s only civil, and even if it’s only civil, there was no violation based on what we did. OK?”

Asked about prosecutors’ assertions that a number of people who had worked for him met or had business dealings with Russians before and during his 2016 presidential campaign, Trump said:

“The stuff you’re talking about is peanut stuff.”

Source - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-impeachment-exclusive/exclusive-trump-says-he-is-not-co...

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies