Ready for your next job? Get a free resume review from AARP Resume Advisor.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump 2 Coast Guard - No Check - Have Garage Sale

Message 1 of 20

@BigLib wrote:

@Controlled42010 wrote:

@BigLib Thanks for answering.  Huh, now that would indeed constitute as cause for alarm, no?

Or would that be "a crisis"???  So, now I'm really getting confused....they shut down the very reason for shutting it down?????   Huh, that is some math they are using, no?

Not sure why the Coast Guard seizing drugs would constitute any more of "a crisis" than the state troopers and sheriffs that are seizing drugs on our highways and interstates each and every day.

Well, if I pay attention to what my leaders are telling me, this problem is mostly coming from the Southern boarder and that great wall is going to solve the whole darn problem, right?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 20

@Controlled42010 wrote:

@BigLib Thanks for answering.  Huh, now that would indeed constitute as cause for alarm, no?

Or would that be "a crisis"???  So, now I'm really getting confused....they shut down the very reason for shutting it down?????   Huh, that is some math they are using, no?

Not sure why the Coast Guard seizing drugs would constitute any more of "a crisis" than the state troopers and sheriffs that are seizing drugs on our highways and interstates each and every day.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 20

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 20

@mickstuder wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Or, someone can sit around and make nothing and just complain.  Successful people in my opinion will look at lots of ideas.

Well if Trump would just do that - I think we could all sleep more soundly..........................

There are No Ideas - Plural - in Trumps World - it's either his way or the Highway

His Deal Making Skills & Successes Are Documented in History - 1/2 Dozen Bankruptcies when he refused to act on any Ideas - just his Gut - Bankruptcies that left others holding the bag & then when the Loans from his Daddy were no longer available - he started Money Laundering & Bogus Illegal Corrupt Colleges & Foundations & Real Estate Deals .............................

Trump supporters either ignore all of that or they just wanted a corrupt and incompetent president.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 20

@Soosie wrote:
Guess I missed the work part. I saw this to mean some are too good to take jobs beneath them. I thought that was being pointed out. I failed mind reading and don't have the palsy walsy part of the group here enjoyed( by ?????) by some.

"Successful" people wouldn't miss "the work part", right?  Have any "successful" suggestions for where these thousands of people can get jobs at? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 20

@Soosie wrote:

Or, someone can sit around and make nothing and just complain.  Successful people in my opinion will look at lots of ideas.

So where will all of these coast guard workers go work at with our low unemployment rate? The average pay for a border patrol agent is around $50,000 a year. Should they leave their posts empty and work somewhere else during the shutdown? Where will all of these people go to make a wages anywhere comparable to what they make? Have any "successful" ideas for them?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 20

@Soosie wrote:

Too bad that trump isn't "successful" enough to "look at new ideas".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 20

@Controlled42010 wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
I read this in my morning paper. Proof once again we do not live in normal times, and won't until Trump is gone.

I just find it hard to believe that garage sales, walking dogs or babysitting is going to pay the mortgage/rent along with all the other expenses to live.  This is sad.

My question is, does the Coast Guard also do smuggling patrol?  

Indeed, they do seize drugs. LOTS of it!

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-coast-guard-offloaded-six-tons-of-cocaine-worth-over-170-million-...

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-35915232/us-coast-guard-intercepts-vessel-carrying-cocai...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/coast-guard-seizes-729m-worth-of-cocaine-from-boats-moving-d...

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 20

@Tom5678 wrote:
I read this in my morning paper. Proof once again we do not live in normal times, and won't until Trump is gone.

I just find it hard to believe that garage sales, walking dogs or babysitting is going to pay the mortgage/rent along with all the other expenses to live.  This is sad.

My question is, does the Coast Guard also do smuggling patrol?  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 20

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Well if Trump would just do that - I think we could all sleep more soundly..........................

There are No Ideas - Plural - in Trumps World - it's either his way or the Highway

His Deal Making Skills & Successes Are Documented in History - 1/2 Dozen Bankruptcies when he refused to act on any Ideas - just his Gut - Bankruptcies that left others holding the bag & then when the Loans from his Daddy were no longer available - he started Money Laundering & Bogus Illegal Corrupt Colleges & Foundations & Real Estate Deals.............................

So what do you think - do the Dems share your view of his inability to negotiate and are taking advantage of him for partisan purposes while keeping the government closed?

No I think the Democrats are reminding the American People & Trump that the USA is not a Autocracy............

The last two years have been confusing - we had a Executive & Legislative Branch that were Amoebic

Now some order as defined by the US Constitution has been restored

The Executive Branch Adminstrates & the Legislative Branch Legislates

You do remember right?

( " RESIST TRUMP! - DON'T BACK DOWN!)

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views