Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 11 of 13

So Gail  they have to still furnish those taxes and the House has to deal with those taxes in closed doors that is what I understood?

Well you know how those things go. the leaks will always be there.

no name
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 13

President Trump said he was looking forward to show the American people his Tax Returns. I betcha he was fooling - Gosh darn it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Treasury, IRS Gonna Miss It AGAIN

Message 13 of 13

The HILL 05/17/2019 - Treasury, IRS set to miss subpoena deadline on Trump tax returns

Bet there will be another "strong" letter from the House Ways and Means Committee Chair.

But it is gonna end up in Court most likely.  I know the code has been particially quoted here but I am not sure that the last part that I have made bold and underlined have been quoted (the exceptions)

US Code Title 26:  Internal Revenue Code Subtitle F -Procedures and Administration Chapter 61 Inform...

(f) Disclosure to Committees of Congress

(1) Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation

Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure

(more provisions in the code here - I am just copy and pasting the relative ones)

(4) Agents of committees and submission of information to Senate or House of Representatives

(A) Committees described in paragraph (1)

Any committee described in paragraph (1) or the Chief of Staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation shall have the authority, acting directly, or by or through such examiners or agents as the chairman of such committee or such chief of staff may designate or appoint, to inspect returns and return information at such time and in such manner as may be determined by such chairman or chief of staff. Any return or return information obtained by or on behalf of such committee pursuant to the provisions of this subsection may be submitted by the committee to the Senate or the House of Representatives, or to both. The Joint Committee on Taxation may also submit such return or return information to any other committee described in paragraph (1), except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors