Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 9
keep in mind, the transcript is just a summary of the call. The real info is the whistle blowers report, which Congress needs to see. The Senate Trumpists will do nothing. They will go down with their sinking ship. It's clear in comments I have read/heard so far, all they care about, all they care about, is staying in power which includes Trump unfortunately, so come next November the American people will need to do their job, which means, clean house!!!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

@MsStretch wrote:

There's one little pesky detail that bothers me.  Don't forget that Donnie made this call after freezing $400 million in military assistance to Ukraine.  Tell me that elephant wasn't in the room when Trump told Zelenskyy, 'BTW, I need you to do me a small favor, because you know, the U.S. has been very nice to Ukraine'.  And he kept bringing up not-so-subtle reminders..

Actual transcript: I wouldn't say that it's reciprocal necessarily because things are happening that are not good but the United States has been very very.good to Ukraine.

Sounds about as subtle as a horse's head in a bed.

Oh my, I just now saw this analysis in the Washington Post -- 7 takeaways from the rough transcript of Trump’s call with Ukraine’s president

Look at #2.

2. Trump does suggestively mention the U.S. being ‘very, very good to Ukraine’
Reports had suggested Trump talked with Zelensky about investigating the Bidens but that there was no explicit quid pro quo — and that Trump didn’t mention that he had been withholding hundreds of millions of dollars in military aid to Ukraine.

But the document indicates Trump made a point, very early in the call, of telling Zelensky how good the United States is to his country.“I will say that we do a lot for Ukraine,” Trump says. “We spend a lot of effort and a lot of time.”

Then Trump twice tells him the United States had been “very, very good to Ukraine” and suggests Ukraine hadn’t been living up to its end of the bargain.“The United States has been very, very good to Ukraine, " Trump says. “I wouldn’t say that it’s reciprocal necessarily because things are happening that are not good, but the United States has been very, very good to Ukraine."

That’s significant because, even in the absence of a quid pro quo, Zelensky might logically have believed aid or some other form of assistance was tied to his decisions. Trump’s comment that the relationship hasn’t been “reciprocal” certainly suggests Ukraine isn’t doing what it should.

Yep, everybody sees the elephant.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

@MsStretch wrote:

There's one little pesky detail that bothers me.  Don't forget that Donnie made this call after freezing $400 million in military assistance to Ukraine.  Tell me that elephant wasn't in the room when Trump told Zelenskyy, 'BTW, I need you to do me a small favor, because you know, the U.S. has been very nice to Ukraine'.  And he kept bringing up not-so-subtle reminders..

Actual transcript: I wouldn't say that it's reciprocal necessarily because things are happening that are not good but the United States has been very very.good to Ukraine.

Sounds about as subtle as a horse's head in a bed.BIG lol.jpeg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

Sounds about as subtle as a horse's head in a bed.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

@L42010 wrote:

What is blackmail????   Russia does it to him so, he does it to Ukraine and on and on!

edit....obviously that is what one side of the isle wants us to be and look to the rest of the world! (Thugs)

Well, with a nod and a tip of the ole hat to Laurie....

"Quid pro quo for 1,000, Alex"

Image result for tip of the hat gif

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

@EdM965653 wrote:

Good morning to all-

The behavior of the present occupant of the White House in his dealings with foreign leaders and others should not surprise anyone. He has lived his life on the basis of "I get what I want when I want it, and rules everyone else has to live with don't apply to me."

tRump is a vile, evil man who has never done anything to help anyone else in his whole misspent life.

His bad behavior has been overlooked, excused, or paid off, but we can only hope the bad behavior has finally caught up with him.

There will no doubt be republican politicians who continue to play the game in hopes of being rewarded for their loyalty, but in truth, anyone who is loyal to tRump always winds up paying a terrible price for their loyalty. 

Vote the garbage out. We can do better.

good day to all- Ed

Well, there IS that....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

Good morning to all-

The behavior of the present occupant of the White House in his dealings with foreign leaders and others should not surprise anyone. He has lived his life on the basis of "I get what I want when I want it, and rules everyone else has to live with don't apply to me."

tRump is a vile, evil man who has never done anything to help anyone else in his whole misspent life.

His bad behavior has been overlooked, excused, or paid off, but we can only hope the bad behavior has finally caught up with him.

There will no doubt be republican politicians who continue to play the game in hopes of being rewarded for their loyalty, but in truth, anyone who is loyal to tRump always winds up paying a terrible price for their loyalty. 

Vote the garbage out. We can do better.

good day to all- Ed

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

What is blackmail????   Russia does it to him so, he does it to Ukraine and on and on!

edit....obviously that is what one side of the isle wants us to be and look to the rest of the world! (Thugs)

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Transcript shows Trump offering U.S. assistance for Biden investigation

Message 9 of 9

This is what is known as a "smoking gun". It explains why a member of the U.S. intelligence service is risking his/her career to file a Whistle Blower complaint against the POTUS (the word patriot comes to mind). The house of cards is about to collapse.  Trump's tax returns will be subpoenaed.  The records of the Trump hotel in DC where the Saudis have been spending millions per month will be made public. As the President's actions become clear and provable, other stories from a completely dysfunctional administration will begin to appear.  I doubt the Senate will convict Trump but it is going to make them all look very, very bad for not doing so. 

President Trump told his Ukrainian counterpart to work with the U.S. attorney general to investigate the conduct of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and offered to meet with the foreign leader at the White House after he promised to conduct such an inquiry, according to a newly-released transcript of the call.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/transcript-of-trumps-call-with-ukrainian-president-...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors