Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trade War: Layoffs, Reduced Hours, Slimmer Profits

Message 1 of 11
Just maybe their standards of living were closer to ours they would stay home.......@creppelrm I'm curious......Who do you think is responsible for changing their standard of living? Do you destroy ours in order for them to raise theirs? Hope you will answer because I think this is important.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11
Mlseker posted..

When the Chinese tire companies were dumping tires and US tire makers were getting laid off, Republican raised a stink when Obama raised tariffs on tires.

Since 2010 Republicans have controlled what legislation hit the floor. Put the blame where it belongs.

========================

Thanks for pointing that out. Like I said there are winners and losers.

In the case of Obama’s flirtation with protectionism, the tariff on Chinese tires did little more than drive the more frugal U.S. consumers into the arms of alternative low-cost tire manufacturers, such as those from Thailand, South Korea, Indonesia, and Mexico. American tire manufacturers were never quite in direct competition with Chinese manufacturers because American manufacturers were not in the business of selling low-end tires to begin with.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

@KidBoy2 wrote:
creppelrm posted..

We are living in the richist country in the world and you compare yourself with a mexicans standard of living? Better learn to give as well as receive. Sometimes it pay bigger dividends. Just maybe their standards of living were closer to ours they would stay home.

============================

What has that got to do with our trade deficit?

We are one of the most giving country in the world.

Well, we certainly will be under Trump. I see the Chinese have increased tariffs on U.S. soybeans by 25% while eliminating tariffs on soybeans from other nations. Wonder when we will ever get that market share back?  Oh well, it will be an easily won trade war, I'm sure. After all, China has never shown a willingness to take losses in order to increase their influence, have they? Oh wait, they do it all the time, don't they?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11
creppelrm posted..

We are living in the richist country in the world and you compare yourself with a mexicans standard of living? Better learn to give as well as receive. Sometimes it pay bigger dividends. Just maybe their standards of living were closer to ours they would stay home.

============================

What has that got to do with our trade deficit?

We are one of the most giving country in the world.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Yes, there will be winners and losers.

But the fact is our country is on the short end when it comes to trading with other countries. Its easy to ignore that like Obama and others have done...its good that we have a President that is addressing the problem.

We are living in the richist country in the world and you compare yourself with a mexicans standard of living?  Better learn to give as well as receive.  Sometimes it pay bigger dividends.  Just maybe their standards of living were closer to ours they would stay home.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

@KidBoy2 wrote:

But the fact is our country is on the short end when it comes to trading with other countries. Its easy to ignore that like Obama and others have done...its good that we have a President that is addressing the problem.

When the Chinese tire companies were dumping tires and US tire makers were getting laid off, Republican raised a stink when Obama raised tariffs on tires. 

Since 2010 Republicans have controlled what legislation hit the floor. Put the blame where it belongs.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11
@mandm84
, but as long as the fat cats at the Republican top are ok , who cares ?

The Donald will make sure of that. But will ALL of his followers make it?
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11
I wonder if any Republicans will loose their jobs, if so will they then get the message about The Donald?

I know he's scaring the you know what out of me.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11

I can smell a Republican caused Recession in the air !!! Sure keep cutting Taxes and let the Nation run dry , but as long as the fat cats at the Republican top are ok , who cares ?

Kudos
Views