Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Top General-Details of Trump's Withdrawal-No Idea

Message 11 of 24

I can't help but wonder what those people who are putting their lives serving this country, which they are PEOPLE, are going to feel like when the plan is now...abandon at all costs????

Okay, troops, we now are going to abandon everything we have done for the last 17 years???

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 24

Yep, that link doesn't work....you can just enter it (the December 25 article on bombing in Afghanistan)

so.... I will try one more attempt....different article/site....

https:://washingtonpost.com/world/death-toll-rises-to-43-in-attack-on-two-afghan-ministries/2018

BLAH...Nevermind!   ;-(

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 24

Trump announces withdrawal with no exit strategy and doesn't even inform his generals or even Mattis. He's a lunatic.

Then a trump supporter tries to somehow justify trump's actions of lunacy.

No wonder the term "trump Cult" surfaced.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 24

Hoping this link works...yes, I know, many will call this particular form of information "fake" but,

this is the cause and effect of our country's recent desicion, no?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/dec/25/kabul-gun-and-suicide-attack-kills-43-in-one-of-years-...

My point, I guess, is if we do not have a exit strategy that is a well thought out by our military "professionals" and proclaim to the world we are leaving, the results could be pure tragedy.  Tragedy for all the lives lost, wounded, costs and on and on, no?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 24

@rk9152 I can't help but wonder if we did not learn anything from the original plan Pres. Bush agreed to and the Iraqi government requested us to leave? Pres. Obama was keeping to the original plan and started the exit strategy which, we learned caused the whole vacuum effect and rise of the extremists who are trying their best to infiltrate into that whole region. Am I confused, did this not cause the rise of the terrorists because the "exit strategy" was not able to enable the new government to stop the rise?

Does a high regarded General's decision to resign indicate the lack of exit strategy?  This is not necessarily about one side flip flopping but about the safety and security of not just our military but those who are left behind.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Top General-Details of Trump's Withdrawal-No Idea

Message 16 of 24

The Turkish Dictator is inviting Trump to visit his country. 

Thanks to Trump's idiotic decision, our best mid-east allies, the Kurds, are in danger.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 24

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

But the true reason to keep the fight ongoing over there, is so they (the terrorists) won't be so readily inclined and freely enabled to bring it (the fight) over here--to us, on our shores, here in America.  
Surely you realize that when that argument is made by Republicans it is attacked by Democrats.

Not always. Democrats only attack Republican arguments when they are ill informed, poorly thought out or self serving...............oh right.  That is always, isn't it?

When the argument was made that we have to fight them "there" so we don't have to fight them "here" was made by Rs and attacked by Ds - who was wrong?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 24

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

But the true reason to keep the fight ongoing over there, is so they (the terrorists) won't be so readily inclined and freely enabled to bring it (the fight) over here--to us, on our shores, here in America.  
Surely you realize that when that argument is made by Republicans it is attacked by Democrats.

Not always. Democrats only attack Republican arguments when they are ill informed, poorly thought out or self serving...............oh right.  That is always, isn't it?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 24

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 24

@CriticalThinking wrote:

It's difficult to debate ignorance. Around 2,000 U.S. troops weren't in Syria in a nation building role. They were there for two primary reasons.

• To fight ISIS 
  • To Protect our loyal allies, the Kurds, from Turkey

I agree with CT that it is difficult (almost impossible) to debate ignorance because the ignorant don't want to be enlightened.  Thus, there is no way for knowledge or right-headed thinking to enter in.  Sad.

But in addition to the primary reasons you outlined above, I wish to add what I feel is the most important reason for the troops to remain in Syria and Afghanistan.  This is something that most politicians and their military advisors won't readily admit.  But the true reason to keep the fight ongoing over there, is so they (the terrorists) won't be so readily inclined and freely enabled to bring it (the fight) over here--to us, on our shores, here in America.  Praise to our brave military who carry the load for all of the rest of us!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors