Join the Turning Your Passion into Profit Town Hall on Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET. Register Now

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Top Democrats literally unmoved by tribute to widow of fallen Navy SEAL Ryan Owens

Message 61 of 62

KidBoy2 wrote:

So it was hard to believe that these clowns couldn’t find it in their hearts to at least stand quietly, but a couple of sources have confirmed that top Democrats stayed seated even at that moment.

Sobbing widow of slain Navy Seal receives 2 minute standing ovation.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz & Keith Ellison stay firmly seated, no claps

The incident may have been as offensive to them as it was to me. However you want to see it, it really does reek of oppotunism;   Cynically and hypocritically exploiting an innocent to bolster a personal or political position is offensive anywhere, anytime.  Doesn't matter who does it.  My spouse of 63 years responded by turning the newscast off.  I asked hey why.  She said, "I wanted to kick him in the * * * * *, I don't like to feel like that."   

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Top Democrats literally unmoved by tribute to widow of fallen Navy SEAL Ryan Owens

Message 62 of 62

Though most Democrats sat stone-faced through much of President Trump’s first address to a joint session of Congress, there were a least a few points of common ground — a need to care for America’s veterans, for example — that brought both side of the aisle to their feet.

The most moving moment of the night however, when Trump paid tribute to fallen Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens and honored his widow, made it impossible for a lot of viewers not to tear up a bit as she was applauded with an extended ovation.

So it was hard to believe that these clowns couldn’t find it in their hearts to at least stand quietly, but a couple of sources have confirmed that top Democrats stayed seated even at that moment.

http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/02/28/top-democrats-literally-unmoved-by-tribute-to-widow-of-fal...

====================================================

Sobbing widow of slain Navy Seal receives 2 minute standing ovation.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz & Keith Ellison stay firmly seated, no claps

Report Inappropriate Content