Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Top 10% Deserve All the Money - Rest Are Losers

Message 21 of 54

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
Those who are successful in life have a greater responsibility to learn to live and pass it on. If you see your success as a blessing, first provide for your family, and then be charitable to those in need. Never out of guilt or shaming, but joyfully knowing you are sharing your blessings, even if you are financially poor. However you can not compel people to be generous... and this is where the rub is.

Government is not the answer, they are the problem.

More GOPerTripe to justify the redistribution of income and wealth from the Middle Class who created it into the pockets of the Corporate Oligarchs who get to distribute it.

You CAN compel people to be generous - we did it successfully from 1936 until 1980, not a single rich person was made less rich and everyone could look to a future where they would do better than their parents and their kids would do better then they did.

Nonsense about "charity" solving any of societies ills needs to be tempered with the knowledge that it has NEVER been able to do so in the entire history of Mankind. Civilization advanced because a central Government used TAXATION of the wealthy to create the infrastructure that allowed the society to prosper and grow. When the taxation was placed on the middle class, all it did was create more poverty and eventually REVOLUTION.

Government is the ONLY solution. The only ethical imperative for the managers of our corporations is to maximize the profit for the owners. To pretend they will ever do otherwise is to ignore all of history.

Why is it that the left believes that government is the ONLY solution to wealth inequality? Did you ever give some thought on how much the top 1% earners already pay and how little the complainers contribute? Government only solves problems for those that choose not to do for themselves. Don't be so quick to be jealous of other's success and concentrate on being successful.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 54

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
Those who are successful in life have a greater responsibility to learn to live and pass it on. If you see your success as a blessing, first provide for your family, and then be charitable to those in need. Never out of guilt or shaming, but joyfully knowing you are sharing your blessings, even if you are financially poor. However you can not compel people to be generous... and this is where the rub is.

More GOPerTripe to justify the redistribution of income and wealth from the Middle Class who created it into the pockets of the Corporate Oligarchs who get to distribute it.

You CAN compel people to be generous - we did it successfully from 1936 until 1980, not a single rich person was made less rich and everyone could look to a future where they would do better than their parents and their kids would do better then they did.

Nonsense about "charity" solving any of societies ills needs to be tempered with the knowledge that it has NEVER been able to do so in the entire history of Mankind. Civilization advanced because a central Government used TAXATION of the wealthy to create the infrastructure that allowed the society to prosper and grow. When the taxation was placed on the middle class, all it did was create more poverty and eventually REVOLUTION.

Government is the ONLY solution. The only ethical imperative for the managers of our corporations is to maximize the profit for the owners. To pretend they will ever do otherwise is to ignore all of history.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 54

@Soosie wrote:
@Mick................So what are you doing about the situation you describe? I mean on a PERSONAL level other than describing what you think is wrong? Do you think posting the ills you describe in a group like this fixes anything? Seems there may be a better outlet for you to approach.

I Follow the Organized Religion - Modeling

Right now you could go into any Church in America and there is seating for Hundreds to in some cases like in the Evangelical Mega Churches to Thousands............................

Most of the time - even during scheduled Services - the places are 3/4 empty and even when they are Full on Special Holy Days like Xmas & Easter - its the same Story over & over & over to the same people over & over & over - how many years does it take to learn the same story when it's told to you over & over & over - the people who do continue to go - are all Old People & Have heard the Story thousands of times & yet they still go

Do you think telling the same Story to the same People Over & Over & Over is having the desired effect?

Here are the Facts Below -

But it doesn't matter - they keep telling the same Story over and over - in fact they give you a book to take home so you can read the same story over & over at home

Over the past decade, pollsters charted something remarkable: Americans—long known for their piety—were fleeing organized religion in increasing numbers.

The vast majority still believed in God. But the share that rejected any religious affiliation was growing fast, rising from 6 percent in 1992 to 22 percent in 2014. Among Millennials, the figure was 35 percent.

Source - https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/04/breaking-faith/517785/

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 54

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

@Mick.................there are no guarantees on anything for jobs and I have always kept my resume ready and have gone back to school several times. I don't think it is healthy to sit and brood about what may or may not happen. My Brother does this. He took early retirement, but one time was talking to me about the fact he wanted to go back to work. He asked me how someone could know what a company wanted and needed. I told him to research some companies. Check his skills against their needs. He kept saying the ole, "Yea butt" with any suggestion I made. That is where I coined the phrase, "Yea butt." When I could not take it any longer, I told him I knew no job would come and present to him in front of his recliner. He has not spoken to me in years. I viewed him and my Mom as two little peeps in a nest waiting for a bird to fly by and solve everything for them. I love and loved them, but I don't particularly like them.

I am sorry you had a bad childhood. No one should. I did, but made my resolve that I would never be like them. For that, I was the outcast. Doesn't matter, because I take good care of me.

I wish the best for you and your family and kudos to you for giving your children a solid base.

Trust Me - With all Due Respect - I'm not your Brother.............................

I've explained several times that I'm not complaining about my specific situation - I'm complaining about the inequities in the Current Crony Capitalistic System We Are Living In and the Corrupt Political Influence That is inherent in the Crony Capitalistic System We Live Under that is making Americans second class Citizens in a Banana Republic 

It's Not Sustainable

We are way down in the Pack of Industrialized Countries in so many areas of Quality of Life

Education we rank in the twenties

Healthcare we rank in the high twenties but we rank number one in Costs

Our National Infrastructure is Crumbling - Roads Bridges Tunnels Dams Electrical Grid Communications

Trumps Worried about Immigration

Many trump supporters are in a full flight from reality Mickstuder. The facts you post mean nothing to them, when they can't disprove of discount them, they resort to making it personal and insulting.

The Conservatives have used to tax rates and codes for social engineering, shifting income and wealth from the pockets of the Middle Class and below into the coffers of the 1%.

A group receiving 90% of the total earnings in America should be paying 90% of the total taxes collected, it's that simple. Trump supporters place partisan politics far above simple math and fairness.

I think you're correct............................it's scary........................but I'm begining to think that if Trump Stood behind the Podium at his Rallys and simply read them Green Eggs and Ham.....................every time

When he got to the Part about

Would you like them
Here or there?

I would not like them
Here or there.

I would not like them
Anywhere.

They would all jump up Cheering Hysterically.........................it doesn't matter what he's saying - they just know when he says something Negative or pauses - they are supposed to Cheer 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 54

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Apparently, the bottom 90% of all liberals feel that they are entitled to the top 10% (earners) wealth.  Is anyone surprised at this factoid?

They also feel it is their right to have free healhcare, free college, free (guaranteed) income, low taxes except on others, open borders, voting at age 16, illegal aliens voting, and free housing.

Please Explain - If the Current System is Fair & Everyone Has The Same Opportunity

Do you think Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerburg, Steve Jobs, Michael Dell, and Oprah Winfrey were all born with a platinum spoon in their mouths?

How Come All The Wealth Every Year is consistently being consolidated in Fewer and Fewer Hands?

Because you don't make big money working for someone else.

Lets all keep in mind that the USA is less than 250 years old - so we aren't even talking about Wealth Dynasties

Regardless even if we look at the Bezos and the Gates and the Buffets - In the Rest of the World on average without Monarchy - Wealth & Power - rarely last more than 3 generations

In the USA it's not that Liberals who feel they are entitiled - it's not the Working Poor Bribing Colleges - it's not the Working Poor going to Prison for Money Laundering & Tax Evasion - it's not the Middle Class who are being appointed as Cabinet Secretaries in the Trump Adminstration

The US Tax Code via the Trump Tax Cut did not just provide a Windfall to the Working Poor - a Trillion in unfunded debt for the USA Working Poor to pay off - went to the Top 20% Richest in a Country where the Stock Market and the Business Economy & Corporate Profits are setting Records

The Trump tax cuts returned a percentage of the money that was paid by those getting a return of THEIR taxes. If you paid no taxes, then you didn't get a tax refund from Trump's tax cuts.

Your Talking Point Do Not Reflect - REALITY

This is reality:

The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (37.3 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (30.5 percent).

https://taxfoundation.org/summary-latest-federal-income-tax-data-2018-update/

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 54

"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 54

@mickstuder wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

@Mick.................there are no guarantees on anything for jobs and I have always kept my resume ready and have gone back to school several times. I don't think it is healthy to sit and brood about what may or may not happen. My Brother does this. He took early retirement, but one time was talking to me about the fact he wanted to go back to work. He asked me how someone could know what a company wanted and needed. I told him to research some companies. Check his skills against their needs. He kept saying the ole, "Yea butt" with any suggestion I made. That is where I coined the phrase, "Yea butt." When I could not take it any longer, I told him I knew no job would come and present to him in front of his recliner. He has not spoken to me in years. I viewed him and my Mom as two little peeps in a nest waiting for a bird to fly by and solve everything for them. I love and loved them, but I don't particularly like them.

I am sorry you had a bad childhood. No one should. I did, but made my resolve that I would never be like them. For that, I was the outcast. Doesn't matter, because I take good care of me.

I wish the best for you and your family and kudos to you for giving your children a solid base.

Trust Me - With all Due Respect - I'm not your Brother.............................

I've explained several times that I'm not complaining about my specific situation - I'm complaining about the inequities in the Current Crony Capitalistic System We Are Living In and the Corrupt Political Influence That is inherent in the Crony Capitalistic System We Live Under that is making Americans second class Citizens in a Banana Republic 

It's Not Sustainable

We are way down in the Pack of Industrialized Countries in so many areas of Quality of Life

Education we rank in the twenties

Healthcare we rank in the high twenties but we rank number one in Costs

Our National Infrastructure is Crumbling - Roads Bridges Tunnels Dams Electrical Grid Communications

Trumps Worried about Immigration

Many trump supporters are in a full flight from reality Mickstuder. The facts you post mean nothing to them, when they can't disprove of discount them, they resort to making it personal and insulting.

The Conservatives have used to tax rates and codes for social engineering, shifting income and wealth from the pockets of the Middle Class and below into the coffers of the 1%.

A group receiving 90% of the total earnings in America should be paying 90% of the total taxes collected, it's that simple. Trump supporters place partisan politics far above simple math and fairness.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 54

From 1945 until 1965, American workers received pay increases equal to 96% of their increase in productivity.

Much of the increase came from better equipment, and employers were moving jobs from North where Unions were strong to the South where they were non-existant, and still the gap between rich and poor DECREASED every year.

Then in 1965, that connection between how much the INDIVIDUAL worker earned for the Company and how much the individual was PAID began to crumble. By 1986 it was GONE, and from 1986 until 2015 productivity increased 146% while wages increased 7%. During that same period, MANAGEMENT increased their compensation packages by 300%. Also during this period our infrastructure deterioriated from Best in the World to Third World.

The ONLY thing that changed was who paid the taxes that supported our Nation and the change was shifting the burden from the very rich to the Middle Class. Since the mid 1980's, the gap between rich and poor has grown every year and we now have generations of Americans with 90% who will never do as well as their parents did, no matter how hard they work or how much education they acquire.

Time to chuck dribbledown economics and the political party that says it's the way to go.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 54

This situation isn’t healthy. IT'S NOT SUSTAINABLE

The love of money is the root of all evil, avarice.

It's an age old problem.

It can lead to New Deals or revolutions.

Ever notice how we consider  revolutions a disaster when the 1% lose " their investment " or even worse, get their heads chopped off?

What about the millions of little people that die just from a lack of food, shelter, and medical care?

Collateral damage? 

The cost of the 1% keeping their money?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 54

@Soosie wrote:

I'm certainly not in the top 10%, but I can't imagine sitting and brooding over what others have worked for.  I work, make a decent salary and enjoy the things in life that are important to me.  I think it erodes one on so many levels to "lust" (only word I can think of for this) after what someone else has.  Many of the top 10% are why some can have a job.  I don't want what someone else worked for.  I have my own thing going and am thankful for what I have.  Some people can't seem to enjoy life and that is sad to me.

What a fine way to 'twist' the meaning of this topic.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors