Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Today's Classified Briefings for Congress on Iran and Suleimani

Message 1 of 8
WOW!! SERIOUS cracks in the Trump armor there are!! About time someone within the Trump Party called him out on ANYTHING!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 8

The missile attack was based on lies they cannot prove. The excuse they used is a lie and they showed no documentation for the claims they based the missile attack on. Even some Republicans said the briefing was a sham and the worst they had aver attended.

Only Thing Man Learns From History Is Man Learns Nothing From History
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 8

But i think Iran missed on purpose 

They did, Iran is trying to de-esclate the conflict. 

That doesn't mean they won't push back on the war being waged against them is other ways.

In the end I think that abuse of sanctions by the US will lead to the end of the US dollar as the reserve currency. 

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 8

Military intelligence found no evidence of an "imminent attack", the president was so informed; therefore the Pentagon was stunned when IMPOTUS picked the extreme choice of taking out Suleimani.  (Extreme choices are often given to presidents to make other "lesser" choices seem more palatable.)

Of course, since the findings of intel became public, bouncing-off-the-wall IMPOTUS and his advisors were left scrambling to answer questions from reporters.  They hemmed and hawed and mumbled a lot, but anyone notice how none of them could give a straight answer to a straight question?

Also, anyone notice how, immediately following the general's death, IMPOTUS claimed it was to stop a war from happening.  But now he says it was because Suleimani has murdered thousands of Americans in the past.  The threat of an "imminent war" has disappeared from his dialog.

Yeah, I'll bet that briefing was a joke.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 5 of 8

In closed-door briefings, President Donald Trump's top national security advisers — Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Secretary of Defense Mark Esper, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley and CIA Director Gina Haspel – faced pointed questions from members of the House and Senate about the administration's strategy toward Iran – and whether Trump plans steps to de-escalate, given his stated desire to avoid war.  

Democrats left the briefings unnerved and unsatisfied. 

"It was sophomoric and utterly führerschein" Rep. Gerry Connolly, D-Va., said after the House briefing."I believe more than ever, the Congress needs to act to protect the constitutional provisions about war and peace."

The U.S. strike killed Soleimani, who led the Iranian Revolutionary Guard's elite Quds Force, near Baghdad's international airport Thursday after a series of smaller confrontations between the United States and Iran. Soleimani trained and supported Tehran's lethal proxy forces across the region. Iranian leaders vowed to exact revenge for his death, and they made good on that threat with Tuesday's strikes.

But i think Iran missed on purpose 

Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 8

I do have a certain amount of hope.  The emperor is doing a strip tease and more people are noticing.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 8

What is disgrace that trump is! And the briefing was given by trump slaves pledging allegiance to the golden idol false prophet, trump. 
It is truly embarrassing to see adults show this adulation to a lying dictator. 
There are no grownups left in the room!

Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist

Today's Classified Briefings for Congress on Iran and Suleimani

Message 8 of 8

Well, that didn't go well for the Executive Branch today. There were Classified briefings today (Jan 😎 on the "imminent threat" presented by Iranian general Suleimani. The case presented by the administration was woefully lacking and both parties (and both houses of Congress) were left as being disgusted with what they had been presented with.

from NBC:

(https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/insulting-demeaning-lawmakers-rip-trump-administration-aft...)

"It was probably the worst briefing I've seen at least on a military issue in the nine years I've served in the United States Senate," Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, said.

Lee said he left the briefing "somewhat unsatisfied" with the information given "outlining the legal, factual and moral justification for the attack."

"I find this insulting and demeaning," Lee added, saying that he now plans to vote in favor of a new war powers resolution from Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia. "That briefing changed my mind," Lee said.

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., standing next to Lee, concurred, saying, "Today, this is Sen. Lee and I saying, we are not abdicating our duty."

The officials leading the briefing included Defense Secretary Mark Esper, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, CIA Director Gina Haspel and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley.

Just Google "senate classified briefing iran today" for yourself and there's a trove of related articles. Take your pick for your news source. Read several. The "facts" presented by the administration were woefully unconvincing of the "imminent attack" that was the premise that this assassination was based on.

Yes, one thing to take out terrorists. It is another thing again to target high level persons who represent a sovereign country. I trust that full thought was given to this latter action. However, from news reports it does not appear to have been the case.

To quote our President, "Disgraceful!"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards.

Solve your favorite crosswords on AARP Games to earn AARP Rewards points. Try your hand at the Daily Crossword, the Mini Crossword, and Let’s Crossword, the new member game you can play with family and friends. Play Now.

Top Authors