Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Today's Assignment

Message 11 of 27

@ManicProgressive wrote:

MS13 members are El Salvadoran, not Mexican.

The artist should do a little fact checking first.  Because it’s all out there. In English.

You apparently missed the point. No matter what he says, the media finds some way to attack it - truth is not required.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 27

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

How about President Trump show his tax returns like he promised, stop violating the Emolument's Claus of the Constitution and stop all the falsehoods , because it tarnishes his and our Nation's credibility. It's a simple assignment.

Do you really see that as related to the biased reporting?

When one communicates as poorly as trump does, with so many lies and untruths, vagueness, and "code", it's not difficult to misinterpret what he says.  How many times has someone had to follow-up his poorly communicated statements/comments with, "what the president really meant was...."

Do you really see that as related to biased reporting?

But I know what you mean about the follow-up. A Sheriff made mention of MS-13 and he responded. Next thing you know the radical left is screaming "He really meant all immigrants" or in some cases "He really meant all brown skinned people".

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 27

It is always fun to watch when conservatives post both sides of a story to support their argument. Why do they do this? Because they cannot compete in the argument if they use facts.  Once again, this cartoon misstates the situation. We expect that from conservatives. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 27

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

How about President Trump show his tax returns like he promised, stop violating the Emolument's Claus of the Constitution and stop all the falsehoods , because it tarnishes his and our Nation's credibility. It's a simple assignment.

When one communicates as poorly as trump does, with so many lies and untruths, vagueness, and "code", it's not difficult to misinterpret what he says.  How many times has someone had to follow-up his poorly communicated statements/comments with, "what the president really meant was...."

Excellent post, Unbarch.  I'm just not convinced it's intentional....though I do realize I could be very wrong.

Thank you.  I understand. 

Consider this.  For 'the donald' the consequences are irrelevant as long as it accomplishes HIS purpose.  'Intentional' says he knows what he does has consequences...but not to him...so he does it anyway.  'Unintentional' puts it into the realm of 'gut instinct' or 'belief'.  Either has dire implications when he is put into a positon of authority over other people AND allowed to stay there. None good.  That fits for anybody who seeks power to achieve advantage.  People who actively seek power like that are not to be trusted.  No matter who.

Before 'the donald' was a real candidate for POTUS I said he was a Con-man. I then said that for a Con-man to be effective at selling what he peddles, he must believe what he says when he says it.  The 'mark' sees that 'belief' and buys it.  The 'mark' now OWNS it.  Now, the 'mark' is in the position of having to defend his 'belief' or admitt he was a fool.  So here we go down the rabbit hole. 

So intentional or unintentional is open to questions which are largely irrelevant to us.  IF blame or culpability can be legally establshed, it might MEAN somthing.  Otherwise you will hear, "I did nothing illegal" ad infinitum'.  Then, the only recourse is at the polls IF he doesn't manage to close them down before time comes for his 're-election OR manage to make them irrelevant as tyrants tend to do.

I think looking at 'the donald' AND his supporters as somehow having less than full capacity is a mistake.  Seeing it that way gives them a way 'off the hook'.  They don't deserve it.  They are not 'of dimished capacity'.....just different in a way that ought to be socially unacceptable.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 27

@Soosie wrote:

animals two.jpg

Cartoon fail.

Trump is stopping more than just illegal immigration. He has proposed many restrictions and reductions to currently legal types of immigration. Family-based immigration is a big one. He wants to cut the number of green cards issued each year in half. And he’s reducing the number of refugees we take each year, cutting that by more than half.  Regardless of whether you agree with these policies or not, he is impacting legal immigration.  I won’t even get into TPS, DACA, and guest worker programs.

MS13 members are El Salvadoran, not Mexican.

The artist should do a little fact checking first.  Because it’s all out there. In English.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 27

@umbarch64 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

I think the evidence clearly shows 'the donald' is NOT 'challenged' when it comes to 'communication.  Neither is he 'disadvantaged'.  Consider.  Each instance of vagueness, code and incomplete statement leaves open the ability to 'read into' what has been said what someone chooses to see and then accuse anyone who sees differently of bias.. 

Add to that the ability to claim 'plausibile deniability' for any problems that arise from what was said, implied or inferred and you've got a plan.  Pretty good one too as applied to 'serving a purpose' as defined by 'the donald' and his minions.  Oh yes....let's not exclude them.  'The donald' is not the Lone Ranger.  He is NOT all by himself except for his faithful side kick.  Lest I be accused of a racial slur, I'll leave it at that.

'The donald' knows his audience and he plays them just like the idiot-savant played the banjo in "Deliverance".  He knows his audience and he knows what he is doing.  It is all calculated to divide and conquer.....by violence if necessary.  Think I'm kidding?  Pay attention to the radical extremist element he  refuses to 'offend' and why that is so.

I've said this innumerable times since well before the primaries, but perhaps it time for a refresher course after having some time for first-hand observation. 

This sorry specimen of humainity is not handicapped....he knows full well what he is doing AND it's deliberate.  That makes him fully culpable for any and all 'mis-understandings' and the extended consequences of what he does....and doesn't do. 

'The donald' early on found his way to navigate HIS life to HIS decided advantage.  He may have had a good teacher in his father.  He may BE a pychopath or a sociopath by definition.  That diagnosis belongs to a qualified professional of whom many have ventured an opinion without personal examination...which 'the donald' has not seen fit to grant. 

At the least he is cynically immoral....deliberately exploiting you, me and the cooconut tree without qualm.  IF he cannot exploit, he destroys using a 'scorched earth' tactic well beloved by tyrants.  At best he is amoral.  He is not 'dumb'.  He is not 'challenged'.  Nor is he 'disadvantaged'.  He is what he is....pretty proficient at it too.

Excellent post, Unbarch.  I'm just not convinced it's intentional....though I do realize I could be very wrong.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 27

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

I think the evidence clearly shows 'the donald' is NOT 'challenged' when it comes to 'communication.  Neither is he 'disadvantaged'.  Consider.  Each instance of vagueness, code and incomplete statement leaves open the ability to 'read into' what has been said what someone chooses to see and then accuse anyone who sees differently of bias.. 

Add to that the ability to claim 'plausibile deniability' for any problems that arise from what was said, implied or inferred and you've got a plan.  Pretty good one too as applied to 'serving a purpose' as defined by 'the donald' and his minions.  Oh yes....let's not exclude them.  'The donald' is not the Lone Ranger.  He is NOT all by himself except for his faithful side kick.  Lest I be accused of a racial slur, I'll leave it at that.

'The donald' knows his audience and he plays them just like the idiot-savant played the banjo in "Deliverance".  He knows his audience and he knows what he is doing.  It is all calculated to divide and conquer.....by violence if necessary.  Think I'm kidding?  Pay attention to the radical extremist element he  refuses to 'offend' and why that is so.

I've said this innumerable times since well before the primaries, but perhaps it time for a refresher course after having some time for first-hand observation. 

This sorry specimen of humainity is not handicapped....he knows full well what he is doing AND it's deliberate.  That makes him fully culpable for any and all 'mis-understandings' and the extended consequences of what he does....and doesn't do. 

'The donald' early on found his way to navigate HIS life to HIS decided advantage.  He may have had a good teacher in his father.  He may BE a pychopath or a sociopath by definition.  That diagnosis belongs to a qualified professional of whom many have ventured an opinion without personal examination...which 'the donald' has not seen fit to grant. 

At the least he is cynically immoral....deliberately exploiting you, me and the cooconut tree without qualm.  IF he cannot exploit, he destroys using a 'scorched earth' tactic well beloved by tyrants.  At best he is amoral.  He is not 'dumb'.  He is not 'challenged'.  Nor is he 'disadvantaged'.  He is what he is....pretty proficient at it too.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 27

@Soosie wrote:

animals two.jpg

I sincerely believe that you think that people that post in this message board are the subhumans that Trump talks about.
Otherwise, you would understand, that most of the people that post here are pretty intelligent, even the ones that do not agree with the majority.
But in you quest to denigrate anyone that does not agree with your philosophy. you simply go down to the  bottom to try to humiliate the people that you don't agree with.
Well, I guess like Aruzinky  says, the Gibbons. those are the white apes will eventually be overcome by the apes and the planet of the Apes will survive.

Just  our of curiosity, did you attend an Evangelist University?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 27
Maybe seeing his taxes right after he was elected as he Promised, a lot of this would have been resolved LONG ago. His involvement with Russia would have been blown out of the park so to speak, a home run for Mueller and us. But being the liar that he is, we should have known it would not happen, even now. I just want to be able to say, "Lock him up"
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 27

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors