Message 1 of 15

“fully the party of Trump” and “a danger to our democracy and values.”

Amen 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: ‘Today I renounce my membership’:

Message 2 of 15

I'm looking back to the views of pundits, polls and people during the early run up to the 2016 primaries, the primaries, and finally the general election.  I recall many, many of these predicting the total demise of the Republican Party and the absolute impossibilty that Trump could win any of them.  Wrong....weren't they?  'Why' matters because we all should take care not to indulge our druthers to make ouselves feel good.  Didn't get us anywhere good the first time, won't this time. 

This is NOT a democracy.  Majority doesn't count for much except talking points.  Pack the primaries, you get the candidate the packers want.  Now the choice is 'least worst'.  Better take great care to understand clearly how the system works if you want different results. Do it before November of 2018.  This one really, really counts.  Pass it around.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 15
well said as usual Rich. Republicans hopefully will find out where they stand come Nov. but with Russia still interfering in our elections it's going to be tough. Suppose they are rooting for Russia I suppose.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 15

@rk9152 wrote:

Sounds like a call for a one Party system. it hasn't worked previously throughout the world. But this time "We'll do it right" - right?

It is a very unAmerican perspective to think of every non-neoMarxist as Nazis and Kluxers. And yet, that seems to be the view of many here.

Think of it this way - in a free nation diversity of opinion is needed. Conservatives provide balance to the neo-Marxists.

A "Call for a one party system"?  Hardly. When one is watching a train wreck such as the GOP administration of America today, pointing out the damage being done to the locomotive is hardly any sort of "call".

I was not looking at the "non-neo Marxists" (what the heck does that mean, anyway?), I was looking (TV, print, public demonstrations) at the Trump supporters who wear Nazi uniforms and KKK robes. I guess that would be defined as Trump supporters self identifying as KKK and Nazis. 

Conservatives would provide a balance to "neo Marxist". LIberals would provide a balance to Conservatives and probably the fabled "neo Marxist" too (if we ever find out what that particular bumper sticker means). The point, however, is that the GOP is self destructing. I don't doubt we will end up with a two or three party system and one of them may be called Republican but it will not the Trump GOP. 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 15

@MaVolta wrote:

I've been hearing a lot of Never Trump R's say that they will vote for D's until they can purge the party of Trumpism.

You must live in the city!

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 15

I've been hearing a lot of Never Trump R's say that they will vote for D's until they can purge the party of Trumpism.

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 15
well that makes two of us. All the GOP posters are hard right. Jim said Schmidt was a progressive. I wouldn't go that far. I called him a moderate, of which there are now maybe 1-2 left, thats what I was talking about.
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 15

@Richva wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

This is good news in a way.

I am of the opinion that the party will be better off once the Progressives that infiltrated the party leave.  The freedom caucus is moving the party of Lincoln in the direction of its roots.  I see that as a good thing...

Should not be a problem. From the looks of things, the GOP is going to be the party of swastikas and white hoods. That should be conservative enough for most of the base. 

Sounds like a call for a one Party system. it hasn't worked previously throughout the world. But this time "We'll do it right" - right?

It is a very unAmerican perspective to think of every non-neoMarxist as Nazis and Kluxers. And yet, that seems to be the view of many here.

Think of it this way - in a free nation diversity of opinion is needed. Conservatives provide balance to the neo-Marxists.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 15

@Tom5678 wrote:
can't stand any moderates can you Jim? A shame. Your party is down the toilet. See you in November my friend.

I have not seen many if any moderates posting here. What are you talking about?

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 15

@Panjandrom wrote:

The truth is that the current iteration of the Republican party is a diseased shell of it's former self. When the Trump era ends, so will the Republican Party, at least as it is today. There will be another conservative party that will form, but you can bet anyone with the stench of Trumpism won't be welcome.

While I question your "diseased" definition, there is much in what you said. Today's Republican Party is not that of yesterday - nor is today's Democratic Party that of yesterday. As I have posted before probably the last of the old time Liberal Democrats was Hubert Humphrey. As the Progressive Movement took over the Party and started to bring it's thinking into the body politics, the Republicans were slow to react. "Go along to get along" became the Party Mantra.

Well, the Party was slow to react but the American people saw what was happening and - ta-ta - the Tea Party was born.

I seriously doubt that it is possible to turn this train around.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a health tip to share or a health question to ask?

Check out the Health Tips discussion board today!

Top Authors