Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: ‘Today I renounce my membership’:

Message 11 of 15

@jimc91 wrote:

This is good news in a way.

I am of the opinion that the party will be better off once the Progressives that infiltrated the party leave.  The freedom caucus is moving the party of Lincoln in the direction of its roots.  I see that as a good thing...

Should not be a problem. From the looks of things, the GOP is going to be the party of swastikas and white hoods. That should be conservative enough for most of the base. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 15
can't stand any moderates can you Jim? A shame. Your party is down the toilet. See you in November my friend.
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist

Message 13 of 15

jimc91:   I am of the opinion that the party will be better off once the Progressives that infiltrated the party leave.  The freedom caucus is moving the party of Lincoln in the direction of its roots.  I see that as a good thing...

The truth is that the current iteration of the Republican party is a diseased shell of it's former self. When the Trump era ends, so will the Republican Party, at least as it is today. There will be another conservative party that will form, but you can bet anyone with the stench of Trumpism won't be welcome.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 15

This is good news in a way.

I am of the opinion that the party will be better off once the Progressives that infiltrated the party leave.  The freedom caucus is moving the party of Lincoln in the direction of its roots.  I see that as a good thing...

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly

‘Today I renounce my membership’:

Message 15 of 15

It has started. Last week reporters openly questioned the president on the accuracy of one of his claims.  Laura Bush wrote an Op-Ed condemning Trump's internment camps. The phrase "I am no longer a practicing Republican" is starting to appear in quotes and interviews with GOP leaders.

The flow of people renouncing their membership in the GOP is beginning.  

On the plus side, David Duke has not expressed any intention of abandoning the party he now loves. I miss the party to which I once belonged. 

‘Today I renounce my membership’: Longtime GOP strategist Steve Schmidt announces he’s leaving the party

Republican strategist Steve Schmidt, a senior adviser to the presidential campaign of Sen. John McCain (Ariz.), announced early Wednesday that he is leaving the Republican Party, which he decried as “fully the party of Trump” and “a danger to our democracy and values.”

“29 years and nine months ago I registered to vote and became a member of The Republican Party which was founded in 1854 to oppose slavery and stand for the dignity of human life,” Schmidt wrote. “Today I renounce my membership in the Republican Party. It is fully the party of Trump.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/today-i-renounce-my-membership-longtime-gop-strategist-steve...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a health tip to share or a health question to ask?

Check out the Health Tips discussion board today!

Top Authors