Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Toaster Pollution

Message 1 of 4

Toaster Pollution

In recent years I'm become interested in pollution, it's nothing new really, one of the reasons I moved to the country decades ago was to get away from urban congestion and pollution.

My recent interest is in glyposate ( round up ) and it's effects on the food chain and ultimately on the human body.

Funny thing is glyposate is an organophosphate and is supposed to have a short life before it breaks down, a 28 day half life.

Yet somehow glyposate is showing up in the food chain, in the food we eat, in the water we drink.

So eat organic right?

Wrong, it's better then the GMO stuff that is actually gene altered to resist glyposate, but glyposate still shows up in organic food.

When crops are sprayed with insecticides or weeds are sprayed with herbicides that stuff can travel for miles in the atmosphere, this can be confirmed by testing bark samples from trees.

So even organic produce, the food you grow in your back yard, can have levels of glyposate and insecticide in them that disqualifies them from being considered organic by some standards.

So what do?

Go organic, buy only organic, and if enough people do that over time market forces will force  the agriculture industry to change, to demand safer less incidious, shorter life, pesticides and herbicides.

Ones which will not leave a residue in the foods we eat that could interfere with our body chemistry and may actully damage our genome. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

@jfpinlvn wrote:

What has the greatest influence on air pollution since sliced bread? Toast.

A new study from the University of Texas at Austin warns that toasters, candles, and other household smoke makers expose people to more air pollution than standing in a busy intersection does, the Times of London reported.

The most dangerous of these is toasters, which immediately send toxic particles into the air once they’re turned on, researcher Marina Vance told the Times.

Burnt toast is particularly harmful. If you can’t quit the buttered bread, researchers suggest only heating it to light crisp.

Other culprits include house cleaners, air purifiers and sprays.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/16/toasters-may-expose-you-to-more-pollution-than-a-busy-intersection/

Clearly, we need to ban toasters and Febreeze.

Spoken like a true Republican - using a single unconfirmed report to rail against pollution controls so you can excuse lil donny from killing 1,400 more Americans every year to fulfil his promise to bring back coal and another 5,600 deaths to roll back other EPA regulations.

Same mindset that will use a record cold snap in February to rebut Climate Change and accept anecdotes to oppose vaccination of children.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

I love toast.

I also loved the scent of the diesel exhaust from buses when I was a kid.

In fact, when I was a kid we’d run around in the cloud when the mosquito truck came around spraying DDT.

Oops!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Toaster Pollution

Message 4 of 4

What has the greatest influence on air pollution since sliced bread? Toast.

A new study from the University of Texas at Austin warns that toasters, candles, and other household smoke makers expose people to more air pollution than standing in a busy intersection does, the Times of London reported.

The most dangerous of these is toasters, which immediately send toxic particles into the air once they’re turned on, researcher Marina Vance told the Times.

Burnt toast is particularly harmful. If you can’t quit the buttered bread, researchers suggest only heating it to light crisp.

Other culprits include house cleaners, air purifiers and sprays.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/16/toasters-may-expose-you-to-more-pollution-than-a-busy-intersection/

Clearly, we need to ban toasters and Febreeze.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors