Honored Social Butterfly

ToadSCOTUS Legalizes CRIME

The Republican Dream Team of ideological twits on the Bench have fulfilled the GOPerLords long standing mission - they have stripped the ability of a Progressive Government to thward the neoCon w\World View that the Rich must Rule.

SCOTUS, packed by three GOPer Presidents and Moscow Mitch who ignored the wishes of a Democratic President has overturned the conviction of the New Jersey Republicans who shut down the transportation system to punish a Mayor of Fort Lee who dared to NOT endorse Chris Christy. Then  they tossed the conviction of GOPerGov Bob McDonnell for taking a $175,000 bribe to help a local GOPer businessman by introducing him to the public officials who could provide the requested help. But since McDonnell had somebody else (who worked for McDonnell) commit the actual crime, the GOPerSCOTUS said McDonnell was in the clear.

This removal of legislative ability to punish crime has extended to the States. Wisconsin Supreme Court tossed out the Democratic Governors orders to delay their primary and use mail in voting, and then tossed his orders for the stay home orders. Wisconsin GOPers have so Gerrymandered their State that they can win 60% of the legislature with 48% of the vote, and have repeatedly done so giving the MINORITY Republicans control of the State and allowing them to use Gerrymandering and voter suppression to retain their ill-gotten power.

The GOPers of Ohio are not far behind Wisconsin in election stealing, as are several other Red States.

This is what happens when decent people decide to not bothering to vote because their candidate didn't get the Democratic Party nomination.

So to all those Hillary Haters and BernieBro's who gave us a psychopathic moron as ToadPOTUS and GOPerGovs who rule with a minority of support, WAKE UP! You're failure to fall in love with Democratic candidates has NOT gotten your candidates or your agenda advanced anywhere. Instead you have given us the WORST Government, the least effective, the least able to protect our citizens and the most enslaved to the Corporate Oligarchs.

NEVER AGAIN VOTE FOR ANY REPUBLICAN EVER - and stop not voting for the Democratic candidate because s/he's not "perfect" in your mind. Democracy and the future welfare of our kids and grand kids depends on it.

Bronze Conversationalist

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The Republican Dream Team of ideological twits on the Bench have fulfilled the GOPerLords long standing mission - they have stripped the ability of a Progressive Government to thward the neoCon w\World View that the Rich must Rule.

SCOTUS, packed by three GOPer Presidents and Moscow Mitch who ignored the wishes of a Democratic President has overturned the conviction of the New Jersey Republicans who shut down the transportation system to punish a Mayor of Fort Lee who dared to NOT endorse Chris Christy. Then  they tossed the conviction of GOPerGov Bob McDonnell for taking a $175,000 bribe to help a local GOPer businessman by introducing him to the public officials who could provide the requested help. But since McDonnell had somebody else (who worked for McDonnell) commit the actual crime, the GOPerSCOTUS said McDonnell was in the clear.

This removal of legislative ability to punish crime has extended to the States. Wisconsin Supreme Court tossed out the Democratic Governors orders to delay their primary and use mail in voting, and then tossed his orders for the stay home orders. Wisconsin GOPers have so Gerrymandered their State that they can win 60% of the legislature with 48% of the vote, and have repeatedly done so giving the MINORITY Republicans control of the State and allowing them to use Gerrymandering and voter suppression to retain their ill-gotten power.

The GOPers of Ohio are not far behind Wisconsin in election stealing, as are several other Red States.

This is what happens when decent people decide to not bothering to vote because their candidate didn't get the Democratic Party nomination.

So to all those Hillary Haters and BernieBro's who gave us a psychopathic moron as ToadPOTUS and GOPerGovs who rule with a minority of support, WAKE UP! You're failure to fall in love with Democratic candidates has NOT gotten your candidates or your agenda advanced anywhere. Instead you have given us the WORST Government, the least effective, the least able to protect our citizens and the most enslaved to the Corporate Oligarchs.

NEVER AGAIN VOTE FOR ANY REPUBLICAN EVER - and stop not voting for the Democratic candidate because s/he's not "perfect" in your mind. Democracy and the future welfare of our kids and grand kids depends on it.

If you wait for the Perfect Candidate, you will not only never vote but you will put someone like Trump in office. What bothers me is to think that if I can't win I'll just take my marbles and go home because I'm a sore loser. A no vote is the same as voting for the other side. Remember Republicans will vote for a dead skunk if the Party supports one. 

Honored Social Butterfly

After Reagan's good buddy Keating and his crowd destroyed the Saving and Loan industry along with the hopes, dreams AND RETIREMENT SAVINGS of millions of Seniors with their financial scams, over 200 of the crooks WENT TO JAIL.

Republicans went to work immediately, but instead of reforming the system so the crimes could not be committed again, REPUBLICANS CHANGED THINGS SO FINANCIAL FRAUD WAS NO LONGER A CRIME!

Proof? the 2008 World Financial Disaster, FOR WHICH NOBODY WENT TO JAIL! Think about it - After the financial meltdown that caused the Great Depression, in 1932, DEMOCRATS passed the Federal Home Loan Bank Act that kept the system disaster free for FIFTY YEARS. Then in 1982, Reagan signed the Garn-StGermain Depository Institutions Act which REMOVED the regulations that had kept S&Ls safe and solvent, and four years later, those removed regulations had allowed ONE THIRD of all S&Ls to go bankrupt, requiring a massive Government bailout THAT DID NOTHING TO HELP THE MILLIONS OF INVESTORS WHO LOST EVERYTHING, but DID put over 200 banking Oligarchs behind bars.

But by 2008, when the SECOND greatest financial disaster hit, NOBODY WENT TO JAIL, and jrbush handed the BANKS $900Billion in loans which they used to buy Gov't bonds that paid higher interest than the banks were charged for the loans - not a dime went to rebuild the failed system.

Now for the THIRD TIME in living memory, REPUBLICANS are again determined to hand ANOTHER $500BILLION to Corporate Oligarchs and their ToadPOTUS swore to pay no attention to the restrictions Congress placed on those funds.

So thanks to another round of Republican incompetence and GREED, Covid19 is a health AND FINANCIAL crisis which GOPers insist must be solved by sacrificing the lives of Americans on the Alter of Profits.

Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66   I would expect nothing else but I do wonder why (some) people are unable to communicate their feelings, opinions etc without the name calling and labeling. 🤔 I don't really expect an answer, just communicating my thoughts... 

Then there's this...

aNTI DEMOCRAT BECAUSE good.png

You can lead a Liberal to knowledge, but you can't make'em THINK! 😞
Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@sunluvngal wrote:

@Olderscout66   I would expect nothing else but I do wonder why (some) people are unable to communicate their feelings, opinions etc without the name calling and labeling. 🤔 I don't really expect an answer, just communicating my thoughts... 

Then there's this...

aNTI DEMOCRAT BECAUSE good.png

Now that's just tacky, could I get that with an elephant and an RNC  inserted? 

Honored Social Butterfly

The truth hurts but Trump is a mob Boss and runs a crime family which is destroying American day by day, and sadly being helped by people who support him.

This happened in Germany to. When the American Army in WW2 took the German concentration camp they made the people from the near by town come and look at it. A lot of the German people from the town said we had no idea what was going on even though some worked at the camp. The Trump supporters follow in their foot steps.

Social Butterfly

@john258 wrote:

The truth hurts but Trump is a mob Boss and runs a crime family which is destroying American day by day, and sadly being helped by people who support him.

This happened in Germany to. When the American Army in WW2 took the German concentration camp they made the people from the near by town come and look at it. A lot of the German people from the town said we had no idea what was going on even though some worked at the camp. The Trump supporters follow in their foot steps. 🙄

Different day, same ol' and i, for one, think for those that the truth hurts...that's just sad.  The REAL truth today is twisted by way too many.  

Sadly the phonies and the liars have always been believed more than those that are real and truthful ...in life period, not just politics.  Yep, that's my opinion and oh sure...everybody has one. lol

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

They say history repeats its self and that is sure true with the Hitler and Trump enablers.  I notice you did not dispute the facts gave you. Trump idol as an attorney was the same attorney that Joe McCarthy used. He always asked where is my Roy Cohen. He wanted a Roy Cohen as head of the JD and got one in Barr. Go look up Roy Cohen and see what he was like, and how tied in the the mob he was.

Social Butterfly

john258: I notice you did not dispute the facts gave you.

IF the above comment was directed at me🤔...I am sure that you know john, that i do not have enough time left in my lifetime to address all of your and others so-called facts on President Trump. 

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Toad Worshipers do not wish to refute all tRump's crimes that have been exposed because the evidence is IRREFUTABLE.

His enablers in the Senate simply refused to hear the Truth and voted to continue their hold on power by supporting the most ignorant and corrupt ToadPOTUS in history.

We cannot maintain a functioning democracy with Republicans in office determined to destroy the Government. The ONLY solution is to remove them ALL from office, and hope the Republican Party of the 1960's when they had some concern with the welfare of the bottom 99% somehow emerges from the ashes.

Honored Social Butterfly

If that is the case one should try and make sure the country has the best leadership possible now and in the future and use the many facts that are out on Trump which show he is unfit for any office at any level in the USA. Since I have some years on you mine in all likelihood is less than yours and I do not want the people of the USA to reface the problems we solved or started to solve. Right now the best way to do that is no Trump. Let him enter the ash can of history in Nov. for a better USA.

Bronze Conversationalist

@john258 wrote:

If that is the case one should try and make sure the country has the best leadership possible now and in the future and use the many facts that are out on Trump which show he is unfit for any office at any level in the USA. Since I have some years on you mine in all likelihood is less than yours and I do not want the people of the USA to reface the problems we solved or started to solve. Right now the best way to do that is no Trump. Let him enter the ash can of history in Nov. for a better USA.

May he not be alone in his exit, may his enablers join him.

Honored Social Butterfly

Olderscout:  NEVER AGAIN VOTE FOR ANY REPUBLICAN EVER - and stop not voting for the Democratic candidate because s/he's not "perfect" in your mind.

I think it's safe to say that for those people defeating Trump was never a top priority and if he gets back in? So be it. I fail to understand an attachment to a candidate that resembles a "til-death-do-us-part" relationship, but that's just me.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png