If you suspect you're a scam target, AARP's fraud helpline is here for you. Learn more.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
460
Views

Re: Time to Move On...

460 Views
Message 1 of 41

Myexper--In all ways, trump has seen to it that everything he touches is a regression--from his "communication style," ( laughable, childish, delusional), his overt racism, his withdrawl of America from a world leadership role, respect from world leaders--trump makes Bush Jr. look smart,  integrity of the office, 

AND ON

AND

ON 

AND ON!!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
460
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
473
Views

Re: Time to Move On...

473 Views
Message 2 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

President Roosevelt brought radio into politics; President Kennedy brought TV into politics; President Trump brought tweets into politics.

"Tweets" are at a far lower communication capability than that of "radio" or "TV" rk. So Trump has actually far regressed from his predecessors of decades ago!

 

 

The wise man lives in the reality of the day.

While Trump lives in his own reality.

 

And then there is the thinking from the "elitists" of the Progressive Movement that "they" are not smart enough to understand; "we" do and therefore should make the decisions.

And another straw man argument!

 


 

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
473
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
474
Views

Re: Time to Move On...

474 Views
Message 3 of 41

Myexper--Spot on post! Lyin' donnie trump and his band  of foolish followers, brought to you by Vladimir and the Russian government!!  

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
474
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
476
Views

Re: Time to Move On...

476 Views
Message 4 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 2.40.10 PM.png

 

 

Twitter.com

 

 

 Trump is a Republican. He is working with a Republican congress. if you are not a republican, let us know what your affiliation is.

 


Surely you know that President Trump entered the primaries as an outsider and won as a challenge to the establishment. 

Trump won the primaries with lies he made to gullible misinformed people. He won the election the same way along with Russian interference!


 


 

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
476
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
480
Views

Re: Time to Move On...

480 Views
Message 5 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

Time to Move On...

 

Don't forget the Tweets

 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/19/politics/donald-trump-six-months/index.html

 

991 tweets, 0 legislation passed into law, 0 walls built paid for by Mexico

 

But he has gone on vacation quite a bit, Trump will play more golf in one year then Obama did in eight.

 

 


Tweets - seems like he is communicating with the American people.

 

Legislation - seems like the Congress is not doing it's job. Probably due to the woosiness of the Rs, effective obstructionism by the Ds, or a combination of both.

 

Wall - border security has increased and that was the point. When the Congress does it's job and authorizes the funds, more will be done.

 


The vast majority of Americans aren't on Twitter and don't even look at it, so stating that by tweeting Trump is communicating with "the American people" is erroneous.

And then the MSM repeats them - so, they get wide distribution.

 

Show the "effective obstructionism of the Democrats. The Republicans can't seem to get a Health Care Bill that they can vote on, blaming it on the Dems is erroneous.

As I said, the Rs are a mess. But the Ds are being disruptive - in Congress, at town halls, in the streets. 

Trump said he would "build that wall", nothing was said about  increasing security, those are your own words.

What do you suppose the purpose of the wall is?

In fact, Trump also stated that the wall should be mad of a material that could be seen through, he has been very explicit about building a real wall, so your claim about "Wall - border security has increased and that was the point" is also erroneous.

 

Got anything else?

Yes, but I'll feed it out slowly. I don't think some can handle too much logic and common sense.

Yup .... that would be the same people that support Trump no matter how vile or ludicrous he becomes.


 


 

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
480
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
487
Views

Re: Time to Move On...

487 Views
Message 6 of 41

There may be a rationale for doing this 'a step at a time' in order to get from here to there.  I don't think that rationale will work, primarily because vested interests with a big bank roll continually create obstructions.  None of them wants to kill the 'For Profit Health Care Industry' cash cow.

 

Yes, Pharmaceuticals need to have exorbitant profits curbed, yet Pharma is only a part of the overall Health Care Industry [HCI].  Curbing exorbitant profits there will help bring health care costs down.  It won't do enough.  You have to extend that curb throughout the entire 'For Profit HCI'.  It isn't that profit should be denied entirely, it should just be in line with other business enterprise.  Like it or not, the only way for that to happen is through government involvement.  Self regulation has never and will never work to the interest of those who pay the bill[s] for a necessity or, for that matter, something of vital interest and necessary for the very well-being of the Nation itself. 

 

Resistance to regulation and change of any sort extends to the Medical Profession, Real Estate, Finance, Construction Companies, Legal, Insurance etc.etc.  All are integral parts of the overall HCI fabric and hence resistant to change.  Profit is the reason.  Follow the bucks and you'll see who all the players really are.

 

So.....best of all possible worlds.....a fully non-profit health care system, regulated by the people who use it,  fully funded by the people who use it.  Why?  Because, in the end, it is they who derive the benefits, are subject to all its drawbacks and pay ALL the bills.  Make sense?

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
487
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
498
Views

Re: Time to Move On...

498 Views
Message 7 of 41

@dj146 wrote:

FYI, who spent all the money ?????

 

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/06/19/the-race-for-georgias-6th-district-now-costs-more-than-50m/

 

 

1lg024oops_zps9kzyudiz.gif


No need to read the link.  to date, the Democrats have not been able to win elections because they don't know how.
In this particular race, they put a guy that doesn't even live in the District?  I wonder if they actually spent all that money on TV ads and robo calls instead of having boots on the ground having them take the people to the voting booth and seeing that they have whatever they needed in order to vote.
They haven't learned yet. and if they don't wake up, they will loose again in 2018
 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
498
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
503
Views

Re: Time to Move On...

503 Views
Message 8 of 41

FYI, who spent all the money ?????

 

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/06/19/the-race-for-georgias-6th-district-now-costs-more-than-50m/

 

 

1lg024oops_zps9kzyudiz.gif

http://voiceyouropinion.proboards.com/
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
503
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
510
Views

Re: Time to Move On...

510 Views
Message 9 of 41

I have been the biggest proponent of a National Health Care system for this country but most Americans and all politicians are not.

They will continue to fumble and put something on that will need to be repaired in a couple of years and then we will start all over again.

The only way, that this country will have a National Health Care system is when the people understand what it is and what it can bring to them

When they stop politizing the whole thing and stop calling it  Socialized Medicine, and when many stop thinking that the Big bad Government cannot tell me what to do.
Until that mentality leaves the majority of Americans mind, until they really feel the lack of health care in their bones, perhpas then they will start to think about other solutions. And of coourse when the politicians start to realize that they need to simply curb the Pharmaceuticals costs even if they have to forgo the benefits that they receive from them.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
510
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
526
Views

Re: Time to Move On...

526 Views
Message 10 of 41

@Richva wrote:

Trump  and the GOP have a problem. The ACA was built on the basis of Conservative Ideas which were put forward to counter the Hillary-Care ideas. They can't use the ACA ideas and they can't use the Hillary-Care ideas. There are not a lot of options left. Probably time to install a Canadian style system. 

 

We can see where they got it right. We can fix where they got it wrong. We can call it Trump-care and all will be happy.


I don't care who gets credit for it but we need a universal heath care plan like Medicare for all. If the Republicans do it then it's fine with me.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
526
Views