Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Time for my semi-annual rant on Daylight Savings Time

Message 11 of 12

@Richvawrote:

It does not save any energy. It does not make school children safer.  Those are the two arguments in favor and they have both been proved false. 

It DOES cause havoc twice a year at computer centers and for scheduling anywhere there is 24 hour staffing. Accidents increase when the change happens. God knows how many people show up late or early for work and appointments. 

Let's stop this stupid practice. 

I agree. I have heard stories from "it's done for the farmers", "it was done to save energy during WW2", "it was done for children going to school",....

What it does is cause problems for everyone from work scheduling to setting all those clocks we seem to accumulate.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Time for my semi-annual rant on Daylight Savings Time

Message 12 of 12

It does not save any energy. It does not make school children safer.  Those are the two arguments in favor and they have both been proved false. 

It DOES cause havoc twice a year at computer centers and for scheduling anywhere there is 24 hour staffing. Accidents increase when the change happens. God knows how many people show up late or early for work and appointments. 

Let's stop this stupid practice. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors