Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: Tim Kaine: Vegas Attacker Stopped ‘Because He Didn’t Have a Silencer’

Message 41 of 91 (134 Views)

--Will any of the lefties on the board post a video showing a silencer not melting down after firing 400 rounds /minute from an automatic rifle. The video I posted show the gun silencer being rendered useless after 25 seconds and then catching fire after 50 seconds. Facts are facts.

Mlseker wrote-a metal silencer catching fire? shooting thru a pop bottle?-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Still waiting......

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 42 of 91 (124 Views)

Prosecco6247 - Are you among the grieving or are you celebrating gun ownershi...

If something fell from the sky, wounding and killing the same amount of people...

"Now is not the time to talk about it" should be the "normal" response also?

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 91 (103 Views)

Richva wrote-I have every confidence in American manufacturing to figure a way to improve its heat resistance. --- Second, if some goup of Republican **bleep**s were stupid enough t make ownening one legal---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I don` t think American manufacturing  will be anxious to make one heat resistent after Las vegas---Blame Republicans?- LOL-actually it was Obama who OK`d Bump Stock. 

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 44 of 91 (112 Views)

easyed598 wrote:

Quit posting things not based upon scientifically valid facts...-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will any of the lefties on the board post a video showing a silencer not melting down after firing 400 rounds /minute from an automatic rifle. The video I posted show the gun silencer being rendered useless after 25 seconds and then catching fire after 50 seconds. Facts are facts.

No need - that video was an example of a republican/conservative level of stupidity - only people with the kind and level of boneneaded stupidity common only to to RWNJs would fire what are plainly supersonic rounds through a suppressor...

Stupid is as republican/conservative does.

Have pity for Melania - she wakes up with a jerk every morning
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 45 of 91 (122 Views)

Oh!  Pardon me @rk9152...I was responding to your suggestion:

"So, as you can see, there are issues worth discussing far beyond, "Quit posting things not based upon scientifically valid facts..." and "We'd never hear from the poster again.....

So I took you at your word and decided to discuss those issues I found worthy of serious discussion.

I posted about Tim's comments about a silencer. I do not see anything about that in your response.

I suggest you read posts & responses with a more discerning eye and an open mind.  Read it twice, if you must.

scoff if you must when gun control advocates use terminology that identifies them as someone outside of the NRA or gun-toting community, but their point is a valid one  (the terminology refers to Senator Kaine's & others' use of "silencer" in place of the term "suppressor")

Well...you know, I think there should be ZERO TOLERANCE for suppressors/silencers, bump stocks, hollow point bullets and other ammunition designed to inflict maximum damage to any living being, military-style weaponry for anyone not serving in the military or a member of law enforcement.

And the race of the shooter....????  

It is worth discussing that the oft-used profiles of shooters do not reflect the profile of the Las Vegas shooter.  We have been conditioned to expect shooters to be foreign-born or home-grown terrorists, younger, not wealthy, usually non-Caucasian, influenced by others, well-saturated in a particular ideology...add your own characteristics.  They have been lumped into "profiles" since killing humans became their calling card to announce their beliefs and manifestos.  This shooter defies the profile and has made his motive increasingly difficult for LE to ascertain.  It has slowed the pace of their investigations and frustrated law-abiding citizens.  You don't think this is a topic worth discussing?  I don't know anything about you but, if you were investigated because you fit a certain profile, wouldn't you feel a sense of outrage?

"dear leader......????

I believe that most of the RW posters on this board belong to the political party espoused by the so-called "leader of the free world." 

That would be  #45...AKA Trump.  His followers are mainly called to be apologists for his lack of presidential temperament and ability to lead the country.

Sorry, I do not respect the man.  He is undeserving of the title of president, much less "leader of the free world". 

He does not, in any way, reflect the intelligence, integrity, good judgement, personal conduct and moral authority I expect in the person who occupies the highest office of the oldest and greatest democracy in the world.  JMO...but I respect your right to disagree.

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 46 of 91 (131 Views)

Prosecco6247 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Sure - there are a variety of views from people much more informed than Tim and possibly our fellow posters - and quite possibly those more informed than those jumping in early to politicize.

For example, due to the echo effect in the area, determining the source was basically not possible from the sound. Then there was the story that it was the smoke setting off the fire alarm that revealed his room. And there is the question of how much the sound is reduced.

So, as you can see, there are issues worth discussing far beyond, "Quit posting things not based upon scientifically valid facts..." and "We'd never hear from the poster again.....

Just saying.....".
So....well, you know.

Well...you know, I think the most important issue worth discussing is simple gun control, a national gun registry with renewable gun licenses. 

Well...you know, I think gun locks/trigger locks, gun vaults, locked gun cabinets and lock boxes should be mandatory in homes...not just homes with children.  

Well...you know, I think gun licenses should be suspended along with driver's licenses for those adjudicated guilty of DUI's.  Well...you know...just to protect innocent victims. 

Well...you know, I think there should be ZERO TOLERANCE for suppressors/silencers, bump stocks, hollow point bullets and other ammunition designed to inflict maximum damage to any living being, military-style weaponry for anyone not serving in the military or a member of law enforcement.

Well...you know, I think there should be reasonable 72 hour limits placed on the amounts of ammunition one can legally buy for "personal use" such as protection, hunting, target practice, sporting events, etc.   If you are such a bad shot you run out of ammunition on your hunting trip, you can still replenish every 3 days.  I understand "stockpiling" and the use of "straw" buyers may occur, but consistent recording of gun registry IDs will at least give LE a heads up in the case of "mega-buyers" and a means to identify them.  Early warnings may prevent tragedies such as the ones we've seen carried out in the US in the past few years.  Profiles are unreliable...and they victimize innocent citizens.  

So, YES, let's have some serious discussions about these things rather than rely on the old "pivot" to draw attention away from the actual problem.  YES, now is the time to have a national discussion about reasonable and rational firearms laws and firearms owners' licensure & gun registrations as well as control of firearms accessories and modifications.  The grieving will be busy burying their dead and tending to the living victims.  We can show them our respect for their loss by focusing national attention on the cause of their sorrow and working together to make sure it never happens again.

And a note to the OP and his acolytes...scoff if you must when gun control advocates use terminology that identifies them as someone outside of the NRA or gun-toting community, but their point is a valid one

Would you have rather had the shooter (an older Caucasian male...who woulda thought???) use a suppressor if he could have done so and eliminate all early warning to the VICTIMS? 

If that is the thinking behind your nonsensical criticisms, then you have placed yourself squarely in HIS camp. 

Are you among the grieving or are you celebrating gun ownership for anyone with the wherewithal to purchase one (perhaps an arsenal?) or the temerity to steal one? 

If that's the case, the rest of us know that you hold human life not as sacred but in low regard.  To quote your dear leader..."SAD!"

I posted about Tim's comments about a silencer. I do not see anything about that in your response.

And the race of the shooter....????  "dear leader......????

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 47 of 91 (135 Views)

gruffstuff wrote:

How do you fix stupid?  Happy Hillary is NOT our President.

I bet a whole dollar  the survivors on this and many other mass shootings are NOT happy the assault weapons ban was allowed to expire by Republicans.

I'll raise you to five dollars that no one is happy that the Obama Administration legalized the bump stock.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 48 of 91 (137 Views)

easyed598 wrote:

Quit posting things not based upon scientifically valid facts...---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Will any of the lefties on the board post a video showing a silencer not melting down after firing 400 rounds /minute from an automatic rifle. The video I posted show the gun silencer being rendered useless after 25 seconds and then catching fire after 50 seconds. Facts are facts.

a metal silencer catching fire? shooting thru a pop bottle? 

So it begins.
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 49 of 91 (132 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:

Quit posting things not based upon scientifically valid facts...

We'd never hear from the poster again.....
Just saying.....

Any thoughts on Tim's comment (the topic)?  How `bout you?  Any thoughts on Tim's comment, the actual topic?  Or just....well, you know.....

Sure - there are a variety of views from people much more informed than Tim and possibly our fellow posters - and quite possibly those more informed than those jumping in early to politicize.

For example, due to the echo effect in the area, determining the source was basically not possible from the sound. Then there was the story that it was the smoke setting off the fire alarm that revealed his room. And there is the question of how much the sound is reduced.

So, as you can see, there are issues worth discussing far beyond, "Quit posting things not based upon scientifically valid facts..." and "We'd never hear from the poster again.....

Just saying.....".
So....well, you know.

Well...you know, I think the most important issue worth discussing is simple gun control, a national gun registry with renewable gun licenses. 

Well...you know, I think gun locks/trigger locks, gun vaults, locked gun cabinets and lock boxes should be mandatory in homes...not just homes with children.  

Well...you know, I think gun licenses should be suspended along with driver's licenses for those adjudicated guilty of DUI's.  Well...you know...just to protect innocent victims. 

Well...you know, I think there should be reasonable 72 hour limits placed on the amounts of ammunition one can legally buy for "personal use" such as protection, hunting, target practice, sporting events, etc.   If you are such a bad shot you run out of ammunition on your hunting trip, you can still replenish every 3 days.  I understand "stockpiling" and the use of "straw" buyers may occur, but consistent recording of gun registry IDs will at least give LE a heads up in the case of "mega-buyers" and a means to identify them.  Early warnings may prevent tragedies such as the ones we've seen carried out in the US in the past few years.  Profiles are unreliable...and they victimize innocent citizens.  

So, YES, let's have some serious discussions about these things rather than rely on the old "pivot" to draw attention away from the actual problem.  YES, now is the time to have a national discussion about reasonable and rational firearms laws and firearms owners' licensure & gun registrations as well as control of firearms accessories and modifications.  The grieving will be busy burying their dead and tending to the living victims.  We can show them our respect for their loss by focusing national attention on the cause of their sorrow and working together to make sure it never happens again.

And a note to the OP and his acolytes...scoff if you must when gun control advocates use terminology that identifies them as someone outside of the NRA or gun-toting community, but their point is a valid one

Would you have rather had the shooter (an older Caucasian male...who woulda thought???) use a suppressor if he could have done so and eliminate all early warning to the VICTIMS? 

If that is the thinking behind your nonsensical criticisms, then you have placed yourself squarely in HIS camp. 

Are you among the grieving or are you celebrating gun ownership for anyone with the wherewithal to purchase one (perhaps an arsenal?) or the temerity to steal one? 

If that's the case, the rest of us know that you hold human life not as sacred but in low regard.  To quote your dear leader..."SAD!"

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 50 of 91 (132 Views)

How do you fix stupid?  Happy Hillary is NOT our President.

I bet a whole dollar  the survivors on this and many other mass shootings are NOT happy the assault weapons ban was allowed to expire by Republicans.