Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: This spells out Trump-Russia connection

Message 41 of 54

Listening to Obama's speech and Trump's speech, I could not help but be remind of a quote by H.L. Mencken:

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright **bleep**.”

He should have added the adjectives bombastic, vulgar, hot-tempered, narcissistic... I can think of a few others.  His need to go after anyone who disagrees with his ideas or his behavior shows he does not have the temperament to be president of a democractic country. I fear for the consequences of his "reign."

His and his staff's complete disregard of 2 laws in contacting Russian officials while sanctions are in place, show that they commit treasonous acts as though they are above the law. Fear leaders such as these... money trumps all.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 54
I dont know about the likleyhood of a leak. Trump is not above paying a bribe, nor is he beneath using US resources to cover his bribes now that he is president. he will use hos position to coer his dets a bribery, and consider himself haing had a ery fruitful term of office FOR HIM. To be sure, there hae beena lot of crappy presidential candidates, but i could somewhat believe they were at least misguided patriots, i gues like all conservatives and some dems. This guy? no..the salary isnt enough to sate him, and he sure isnt getting his ego stroked judging by his twitter feed..like the kid in the commercial, he hates everything. so yes, the United States is selling its soul, and selllig out the working class
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 54

afisher:  People complaining about the information regarding BayRock, etc would be wise to read the Financial Times article from 8/14/2016.    It clearly defines all the connections and the shady people would were involved in the deals with Donald. 

What are the odds that at some point Trump will have enemies that will leak some very damaging information about this sort of thing? Personally, I think the odds are high that it will happen.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 54

People complaining about the information regarding BayRock, etc would be wise to read the Financial Times article from 8/14/2016.    It clearly defines all the connections and the shady people would were involved in the deals with Donald.      

Why people just make up nonsense to cover up international illegal activities, I haven't a clue.   But Donald shown early on that his followers don't care about facts, they believe whatever lies he and his fellow travelers say.    That is their desperation, not mine.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 54

MarshaRae:  But he is connected to Bayrock and Russian financiers which will make his decisions about foreign policy concerning, to say the least.  Will he put the USA first or his businesses?

This is the self inflicted dillemna Trump will find himself in his entire time in office. Because of his global business entanglements, virtually every decision will invite speculation as to his motives. If this bothers him, too bad, he should have seen this coming before running for prez.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 54

But he is connected to Bayrock and Russian financiers which will make his decisions about foreign policy concerning, to say the least.  Will he put the USA first or his businesses?

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 54

I just see too much out there that I am looking to get clarification.

Does Trump owe Blackstone/Bayrock Group $560 million dollars? I saw this circulating around the internet as a top-voted comment. How true is this: “ 1) Trump owes Blackstone/ Bayrock group $560 million dollars (one of his largest debtors and the primary reason he won't reveal his tax returns)”

Jeff Miller, 45+ years in finance, economics, financial planning, Commodities Trading, technical analysis, and mortgage brokerage. Written Sun

Trump doesn't owe Blackstone a dime. The Trump Soho 46 story luxury hotel condominium in NYC was the last joint venture branded with the Trump name for a licensing fee and a royalty agreement; Trump has no Capital investment in it. The primary investors who collaborated with Trump are The Blackstone Group, which is a private capital investment group backed by wealthy Russians, and Tamir Samir, a wealthy Russian. Trump Soho may well owe $560 million to its investors, but Trump isn't one of them. His only risk is that they go bankrupt and can't pay him the royalties.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 54

LOOK  IT IS A RECOGNIZED  FACT THAT TRUMP LIES AT EVERYTHING THAT HE SAYS. SO IT IS NOT A SURPRISE AS TO ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN TELL US SCOUT.

THERE SHOULDN'T BE A DOUBT THAT HE PROBABLY  HAS THIS LOVE AFFAIR WITH RUSSIA, BECAUSE IT HAS TO DO WITH HIS MONEY. I AM SURE THAT THE SITUATION WOULD NOT BE, IF HE DIDN'T

SO, NOW WHAT, HE IS THE PRESIDENT. ALL OF THIS ARE FACTS, BUT, UNFORTUNATLEY  THERE IS NOTHING AT THIS TIME THAT WE CAN DO. EXCEPT IN 2018  WHEN VOTERS SHOULD SHOW THAT THEY HAVE BRAINS WHEN THEY VOTE.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 54

mimi - Excellent recap of Der Trumper's "motivation" for ending sanctions on Russia and reimposing them on Iran. The connections between those ten "dots" are crystal clear and the logic of the connections is irrefutable...but the RW will insist on denying them all the same.

Der Trumper is in very deep hock to the Russian Oligarchs who suffer under the sanctions President Obama imposed to punish them for their invasion and occupation of Ukraine and their slaughter of innocents in Syria.

Der Trumper could give a fig for Ukrainians or Syrians - there's big money involved and while it's not really HIS money, he's on the hook for it, and he may even have tumbled to the fact the Russian Oligarchs do not feel constrained by legal nicities when it comes to getting THEIR money back, so Donnyboy's usual tactic of defrauding his creditors will have very serious consequences to his gutless draftdodging preppytwit self.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 54

That post is garbage, fake news and propaganda. Really, you should do some thinking and research before posting such lies.

Blackstone is a completely American owned firm, they do sell stock.

2 seconds of research shows they are NOT Russian and have little if ANY Russian involvement.

Founding and early history

"The Blackstone Group was founded in 1985 by Peter G. Peterson & Stephen A. Schwarzman and Richard Bennett with $400,000 in seed capital.[44][45] The founders named their firm "Blackstone", which was a cryptogram derived from the names of the two founders (Schwarzman and Peterson): "Schwarz" is German for "black"; "Peter", or "Petra" in Greek, means "stone" or "rock".[46] The two founders had previously worked together at Lehman Brothers, Kuhn, Loeb Inc. At Lehman, Schwarzman served as head of Lehman Brothers' global mergers and acquisitions business."

The Wiki article posts all of their major investments and assets. No Russians.

AND, no evidence Trump owes them anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blackstone_Group

Kudos
Views