When it comes to your workout, there are good reasons not to go it alone. Check out the benefits of exercise buddies.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: This "Redneck" tells what's really true about racism

Message 1 of 12

I know a bunch of David Allen Coe songs....but don't tell a soul...Cat LOL

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12

Racism, bigotry of any type is alive and well in America.  And it isn't going away soon.  We have over 300 million diverse people.  When the Irish immigrated to the USA, they were segregated and subjected to bias by the Germans and English who came before them.  When the Italians arrived, they, too, were subjected to bias even by the Irish who experienced the same thing.  When the Poles arrived............   When the Hispanics arrived.......  When the Hungarians arrived..........When the Jews arrived.........And so goes our history.  Now these groups had one advantage.  THEY WERE WHITE.  The blacks who do not have the advantage of the color of their skin, had a much harder road to travel.  Have we conquered segregation of the races?  No!  Have we provided sufficient employment to our black youth?  No!  How many whites wouldn't think twice if their child came home with a black boyfriend or girlfriend?  And how many blacks would feel the same if their child came home with a white?  The group du jour to hate is now the Muslims followed by illegal Hispanics.  The reality is that racism and bigotry will be with us for many years if not forever.  The best we can do is insure that our laws protect everyone from bias in areas to which they have a right under law.  Housing, schooling, jobs, speech, etc.  For those who believe that education will eliminate bias, we've just had the shame of the UK fraternity racial chant and other instances at our schools of "Higher" education. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

@easyed598 wrote:

Post less than 1 % of what America really thinks  about race and attribute it to  us conservatives-

Really?  Your views are at the lowest 1%?  C'mon....Get real.

Give me Duck Dynasty any day and you get the real America.

Have at it.  Sad that you Cons embrace the lowest common denominator.  Like "rk" say's "lower expectations".

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

@alferdpacker wrote:

Well sure - considering that the Duck Douchbags are about a dozen steps below the Three Stooges - the appeal to conservatives and Fox viewers is obvious.

And laughing all the way to the bank with the yokels' money!!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12

@easyed598 wrote:

Post less than 1 % of what America really thinks  about race and attribute it to  us conservatives-Get real! About the same if we posted the Anti -Christians-anti Jewish - and yes even anti white and attribute it to the Liberals-Same difference- Give me Duck Dynasty any day and you get the real America.

Well sure - considering that the Duck Douchbags are about a dozen steps below the Three Stooges - the appeal to conservatives and Fox viewers is obvious.

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

Post less than 1 % of what America really thinks  about race and attribute it to  us conservatives-Get real! About the same if we posted the Anti -Christians-anti Jewish - and yes even anti white and attribute it to the Liberals-Same difference- Give me Duck Dynasty any day and you get the real America.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@sneadhearn wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Addicting Info – This ‘Redneck’ May Have Just Started A White Revolution Against Racism (VIDEO)

▶ "A change gonna come" A Call to White America - YouTube

Listen to Dixon D. White - and compare it with the majority of rk9152's posts - and decide for yourselves which one of them sounds to you much more like the disingenuous character "Wormtongue" in Lord of the Rings.

Usually I lurk and read.

Wormtongue

That's scary accurate.

Thanks for the video and comments.

Cool avatar, Sneadhearn.

I found it on "strangecosmos" about ten or so years ago.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

@sneadhearn wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Addicting Info – This ‘Redneck’ May Have Just Started A White Revolution Against Racism (VIDEO)

Listen to Dixon D. White - and compare it with the majority of rk9152's posts - and decide for yourselves which one of them sounds to you much more like the disingenuous character "Wormtongue" in Lord of the Rings.

Usually I lurk and read.

Wormtongue

That's scary accurate.

Cool avatar, Sneadhearn.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

@alferdpacker wrote:

Usually I lurk and read.

Wormtongue

That's scary accurate.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12

@alferdpacker wrote:

AP, "Wormtongue" is a good comparison for those who read or watched Lord of the Rings. Makes me chuckle a bit. You can draw your own conclusions as to which one of the two reminds me of Wormtongue.

Thanks for the video.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views