Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: This is why Trump supporters shrug off lies

Message 11 of 18

@rker321 wrote:

Trump has hit  the buttons that a portion of Americans live by.

Racism. there still a lot of racism alive and well in this country. and the fear that they have been seeing about the other races infiltrating their culture is too much for many of them to bear.

The Religious right has done more harm in this country than any other religion or philosophy that I have seen in my lifetime.

The need to bring back this country to a completely conservative way of life and laws is much to powerful for these people to care who is trying to put them into effect. They would vote for a monkey if that monkey was able to accomplish any of these things.

This seems to reflect very low opinion of fellow Americans and religious people. Or maybe just another case of throwing out the word "racism" when there is nothing logical to say.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 18

Unfortunately, responders missed a key point - "that's politics". So when getting upset over President Trump, people have to ask themselves, "Compared to who?". 

Also, while Cuomo did make valid points, let's not forget his basic point was how to better "get" President Trump.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 18

Trump has hit  the buttons that a portion of Americans live by.

Racism. there still a lot of racism alive and well in this country. and the fear that they have been seeing about the other races infiltrating their culture is too much for many of them to bear.

The Religious right has done more harm in this country than any other religion or philosophy that I have seen in my lifetime.

The need to bring back this country to a completely conservative way of life and laws is much to powerful for these people to care who is trying to put them into effect. They would vote for a monkey if that monkey was able to accomplish any of these things.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 18

I know I've been trying now for quite some time to remind myself of a mindset of "hate the evil they do and not the person".  Trump was a wealthy businessman, out of the whole political group; I believe that many felt we need someone who is not a career politician and who has become a very wealthy business person.  If he used those "tactics" to get to the top of the materialistic world, than certainly he could bring our country and "me" to the penthouse perhaps was the mindset?  I still say....Mr. President, do your divided country people the respect and show us your taxes!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 18

Hatred, ignorance, bigotry and contempt created trump supporters.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 18

IMHO, it a "morality" thing. If the GOPers admit the truth about Trump, his adminsitration and the rest of the Republcian party, they will have to admit they knowingly support the redistribution of income and wealth from the middle to the top AND condone the most corrupt Government officials ever to slither into their offices.

But if they keep denying, then they're just defending the faith against "fake news". Lets them sleep better, so the rest of us must do the waking up and cleaning out.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 18

Well, for starters, all that they hear is a constant stream of lies from trump. Which is the normal sequence for a authoritative dictator. And they get to the point that there is no differentiation between lies and truth(which is seldom heard). They drank the kool aid, and there is no going back. Lost souls. 

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

This is why Trump supporters shrug off lies

Message 18 of 18

There is a LOT of truth there.....ya think?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors