Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: This is what equity looks like. Omar to propose SNAP covers online shopping.

Message 11 of 15

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I sit safely in my home, typing away all day getting paid, ordering groceries and other deliveries with ease.  A privilege for sure.  Because a huge swath of America can't stay safe and get paid like I can.  

Hats off to Congressperson Omar, who's introducing a bill that allows SNAP recipients to order online groceries and have them delivered.   Helping to make them safer, and help deflect unintended and potentially significant medical costs if people do end up ill from trying to get food in stores. 

"We shouldn't be picking and choosing which families can and cannot get to order food online," she said.

https://www.newsweek.com/ilhan-omar-bill-would-expand-snap-benefits-allow-online-grocery-shopping-wa...

Great post as usual, Manic!  Good for the Congresswoman from Minnesota.  This will benefit many of her constituents, as well as those across this great land.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: This is what equity looks like. Omar to propose SNAP covers online shopping.

Message 12 of 15

@KidBoy2 wrote:

ILHAN OMAR BILL WOULD EXPAND SNAP BENEFITS TO ALLOW ONLINE GROCERY SHOPPING IN WAKE OF CORONAVIRUS

=================================================================

Her typical left wing thinking. Just like the New Green Deal dream.  Very Democratic thinking indeed!  Thinking about the needs of the disadvantaged, very much unlike the party of wealthy white men.  

My understand (sic) is that many that are low income families (?) do not have access to the internet...that's quite presumptious of you....but not surprising!  do you think Omar is smart enough to understand that? I think she has a far better understanding of her constituents AND the FACT that many have Bush provided cell phones that can text or call for the service.  Are Republicans smart enough to understand that?  Apparently some are not!  I say she is not.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 15

ILHAN OMAR BILL WOULD EXPAND SNAP BENEFITS TO ALLOW ONLINE GROCERY SHOPPING IN WAKE OF CORONAVIRUS

=================================================================

Her typical left wing thinking. Just like the New Green Deal dream.

My understand is that many that are low income families do not have access to the internet...do you think Omar is smart enough to understand that? I say she is not.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 15

MaincProgressive:   Hats off to Congressperson Omar, who's introducing a bill that allows SNAP recipients to order online groceries and have them delivered. Helping to make them safer, and help deflect unintended and potentially significant medical costs if people do end up ill from trying to get food in stores. 

It makes all kinds of sense.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

This is what equity looks like. Omar to propose SNAP covers online shopping.

Message 15 of 15

I sit safely in my home, typing away all day getting paid, ordering groceries and other deliveries with ease.  A privilege for sure.  Because a huge swath of America can't stay safe and get paid like I can.  

Hats off to Congressperson Omar, who's introducing a bill that allows SNAP recipients to order online groceries and have them delivered.   Helping to make them safer, and help deflect unintended and potentially significant medical costs if people do end up ill from trying to get food in stores. 

"We shouldn't be picking and choosing which families can and cannot get to order food online," she said.

https://www.newsweek.com/ilhan-omar-bill-would-expand-snap-benefits-allow-online-grocery-shopping-wa...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors