From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

Message 61 of 152

A ‘leader’ starting a petition to support a move toward dictatorial control is a way to find out how many gullible people will allow that to happen without objection.

When the petition is sent to hard-core supporters it will get a substantial number of signatures from those who will support everything the dear leader proposes.

From some of the posts here it is apparent that some were easily duped by Trump’s petition.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

For those who want to continue this long chain letter with nothing but double talk and insults, I recommend reading post number one to see the claimed relationship between the petition and fascism.

And "those" would be only yourself .... as exhibited by your "double talking" of  "post number one".

From "post number one", please note the connection to "fascism" ...... UNDERLINED by the poster!

"Fascism - is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

The " fascism" identified has to do with Trump's "radical authoritarian nationalism" and "control of an industry" ..... in this case ..... PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL ..... and nothing to do with "petitions" as you falsely inserted onto the poster's clearly stated items exhibiting a "relationship" with fascism!!!

Asking for a petition is not "radical" nor "authoritarian"  and certainly not "nationalism". I would love to see someone cite an example of fascists governing by petition. 

But, realizing it doesn't exist would sorta end the fun, wouldn't it?

Certainly. Voting is one of the ways we PETITION the government. Gerrymandering, using undue influence, restricting voting rights, charging the free press as .false,  IS MANIPULATING THE PETITION BY THE PEOPLE. a decidedly fascist tactic used by both Hitler AND Mussolini. 

Do you have examples of those dudes ruling by petition?

removing populations that wish to petition the govt, via vote, or political party. Im helping my grandson with history class, and this weeks lesson is the lead up to the Revolution. It covers petitions to redress the government quite well, as well as the ways such petittions are quashed. 

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 152

Thread is about how Der Trumper is using his usurped office to attack peaceful protests against the brutalization of the Black community by law enforcement that is pledged to protect and defend that community.

Lemontop is not the first do do this, the great fascists have all whipped their followers into a frenzy by claiming some minority was "unpatriotic" and encouraging acts of violence and extreme retribution against the minority, so donny is just the latest example.

What is new is he's doing it as POTUS and his followers are cheering him on.

Like a Republican Senator with a "Conservative voting record of 93%" said recently:

“In this century, a new phrase has entered the language to describe the accommodation of a new and undesirable order — that phrase being ‘the new normal.’ But we must never adjust to the present coarseness of our national dialogue, with the tone set at the top,” Flake said in a speech to the Senate. “We must never regard as ‘normal’ the regular and casual undermining of our democratic norms and ideals.”

He added, “If we simply become inured to this condition, thinking that it is just politics as usual, then heaven help us.”

Der Trumper is a danger to Democracy and a YUGE embarrassment to our Nation as are those who blindly follow him.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 152

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@MICHAELJON52 wrote:
NUMBER 1 I TYPE IN CAPS BECAUSE OF MY EYESIGHT! YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT THEN YOU MY DEAR SIR ARE BIASED TOWARDS PEOPLE WITH BAD EYESIGHT.
NUMBER 2 I'LL BET YOU ARE A DEMONOCRAP, THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT COMPLAIN OF MY USE OF CAPITAL LETTERS. THEY DON'T LIKE WHAT I POST SO THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT THE USE OF CAPS AS THEIR DEFENSE.

Ill bet I dont watch odonnel...and you probably thought Obama was a kenyan too. Did you know that FOX doesnt consider Hannity and carlson to be news? they consider them opinion shows Sorry you dont know news from opinion. Then again, not knowing what  real news is, explains your vote for Trump.

"CAPS" - "Obamas heritage" - Fox - "odonnel" - "carlson"????

SAY WOT?????

go see post # 1.

https://www.facebook.com/countercurrentnews/videos/1184270151717763/

Yep, we have a nasty poster using multiple identities again, a nasty childish one.

What has that to do with post #1 or "CAPS" - "Obamas heritage" - Fox - "odonnel" - "carlson"????

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 152

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@MICHAELJON52 wrote:
NUMBER 1 I TYPE IN CAPS BECAUSE OF MY EYESIGHT! YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT THEN YOU MY DEAR SIR ARE BIASED TOWARDS PEOPLE WITH BAD EYESIGHT.
NUMBER 2 I'LL BET YOU ARE A DEMONOCRAP, THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT COMPLAIN OF MY USE OF CAPITAL LETTERS. THEY DON'T LIKE WHAT I POST SO THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT THE USE OF CAPS AS THEIR DEFENSE.

Ill bet I dont watch odonnel...and you probably thought Obama was a kenyan too. Did you know that FOX doesnt consider Hannity and carlson to be news? they consider them opinion shows Sorry you dont know news from opinion. Then again, not knowing what  real news is, explains your vote for Trump.

"CAPS" - "Obamas heritage" - Fox - "odonnel" - "carlson"????

SAY WOT?????

go see post # 1.

https://www.facebook.com/countercurrentnews/videos/1184270151717763/

I did see it and, again, what has that to do with - "CAPS" - "Obamas heritage" - Fox - "odonnel" - "carlson"????

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 152

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

For those who want to continue this long chain letter with nothing but double talk and insults, I recommend reading post number one to see the claimed relationship between the petition and fascism.

And "those" would be only yourself .... as exhibited by your "double talking" of  "post number one".

From "post number one", please note the connection to "fascism" ...... UNDERLINED by the poster!

"Fascism - is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

The " fascism" identified has to do with Trump's "radical authoritarian nationalism" and "control of an industry" ..... in this case ..... PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL ..... and nothing to do with "petitions" as you falsely inserted onto the poster's clearly stated items exhibiting a "relationship" with fascism!!!

Asking for a petition is not "radical" nor "authoritarian"  and certainly not "nationalism". I would love to see someone cite an example of fascists governing by petition. 

Certainly. Voting is one of the ways we PETITION the government. Gerrymandering, using undue influence, restricting voting rights, charging the free press as .false,  IS MANIPULATING THE PETITION BY THE PEOPLE. a decidedly fascist tactic used by both Hitler AND Mussolini. 

Do you have examples of those dudes ruling by petition?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 152

@MIseker wrote:
How about the other favorite of the hate cult - Hitler. << so that means us hitler haters are a cult? you liked him?

Silly question, but "no".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Darn, I was hoping to see the poster beg a few more times!  LOL.

You "nailed it", myexp.  It wasn't too hard with anyone with any intellect to understand so it's not a surprise that one who still doesn't understand the meaning of "Black Lives Matter", racism and white privilege would struggle with the meaning of a word, EVEN IF THE WORD IS DEFINED for him.

Meanwhile, trump has dismissed the petitions submitted to the White House; now the fuhrer thinks petitions are dandy.  Of course, he and the Fascist Five are all hypocrites, but they'll deny that as well.

For the above to make any sense, it would be required that an example be given of Mussolini or Hitler trying to rule by petition.

No .... your "requirement" doesn't make any sense.

Once AGAIN, The "fascism" identified has to do with Trump's "radical authoritarian nationalism" and "control of an industry" ..... in this case ..... PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL ..... and nothing to do with "petitions"

Or, I suppose the silliness could continue about begging, white privilege, BLM, fuhrer, Fascist Five - and, the ever popular, "cult".

The "silliness" consists of your disingenuous  insertion of arguments which were never in the topic.

Which arguments are you referring to?

Yours!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Asking for a petition is not "radical" nor "authoritarian"  and certainly not "nationalism".

Again, you conveniently evade that Trump's attempt to control the NFL was the example of "authoritarian"!

And his "America first" declaration is the epitome of "nationalism".

I would love to see someone cite an example of fascists governing by petition. 

That's gonna be difficult "to see" as it's something that you completely made up!

So That's why you made it up ..... "fun" in your view ..... but most disingenuous and childish as viewd by rational people!

What ARE you talking about?? 

The statement you made up regarding petitions.

Maybe you can take a trip with chas to post #1.

Did that ..... as evidenced by the statement regarding facism that I already re-copied and placed in front of you .... but you continue to ignore.

So, ONCE AGAIN,

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Historically, Fascism involved ultra-Nationalism  (My Country Right or Wrong) - a dictatorial leader and Government control of Industry.

Today's new fascism involves nonsensical ultra-Nationalism (e.g., protesting Government actions equal disrespect for Veterans) a rigged electoral system to ensure minority rule and the Ultra wealthy controlling Governemnt thru their media, and manipulation of the very new "social media".

The RWers are counting on people ignoring the evolution of Fascism into its current form embodied by the Republican Party and previous fascist Governments in Italy and Spain. It's like denying the similarities between Der Trumper and Der Fuhrer because Hitler didn't tweet and Lemontop doesn't speak German.

It is amazing to see how blind hatred can make a person go off the deep end spouting nonsense with only the hatred for the President, our Democracy, the private sector economy and successful people seeming to be the motivating force.

Once again, you're erroneously conflating the speaking of facts about Trump  with hatred for Trump.

Actually ..... Fascism, the KKK, Nazis, and White Supremacists are the "motivating force" behind Trump.

And "it is amazing to see how blind a person goes off the deep end" to defend the "spouting nonsense" and hatred Trump continues to "spew".

I just can't see how calling someone a Nazi, fascist, Kluxer, White Supremacist, Der Trumper, lemontop, etc. can be consider a statement of affection.

And I NEVER said it was!

Again with MORE straw man arguments!

Rarely are the issues mentioned by the hate cult without the surrounding morass of childish insults.

Now you're conflating "insults" with actual facts regarding Trump!

It makes all the sense of "Yeah, me too" calling a fellow poster "alt-right" and when asked of reasons respondes "Go read your posts".

Again ..... NEVER said that. You are AGAIN placing your words into my posts!

Wouldn't it be fun to actually discuss the issues without the surrounding trash?

Yup ..... but you keep inserting your words into the posts of others, continually employing straw man arguments and asking the same questions over and over .... questions for which the answers were already given ..... all the "surrounding trash" you have brought up.

For example......

Most of your posts .....

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors