Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
435
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

435 Views
Message 51 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

For those who want to continue this long chain letter with nothing but double talk and insults, I recommend reading post number one to see the claimed relationship between the petition and fascism.


And "those" would be only yourself .... as exhibited by your "double talking" of  "post number one".

 

From "post number one", please note the connection to "fascism" ...... UNDERLINED by the poster!

 

"Fascism - is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

 

The " fascism" identified has to do with Trump's "radical authoritarian nationalism" and "control of an industry" ..... in this case ..... PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL ..... and nothing to do with "petitions" as you falsely inserted onto the poster's clearly stated items exhibiting a "relationship" with fascism!!!


Asking for a petition is not "radical" nor "authoritarian"  and certainly not "nationalism". I would love to see someone cite an example of fascists governing by petition. 

 

But, realizing it doesn't exist would sorta end the fun, wouldn't it?


Certainly. Voting is one of the ways we PETITION the government. Gerrymandering, using undue influence, restricting voting rights, charging the free press as .false,  IS MANIPULATING THE PETITION BY THE PEOPLE. a decidedly fascist tactic used by both Hitler AND Mussolini. 


Again, can you cite an example of Mussolini or Hitler governing via petition rather than by decree?


No need to as he never initiated nor advanced any such argument. BUT YOU HAVE .... and then fallaciously imply that the other poster did!

 

As such ..... and once again ...... you continue to create straw man arguments ..... a disingenuous method of posting that you rely upon to evade that which negates what you'd like to believe.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
435
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
420
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

420 Views
Message 52 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

For those who want to continue this long chain letter with nothing but double talk and insults, I recommend reading post number one to see the claimed relationship between the petition and fascism.


And "those" would be only yourself .... as exhibited by your "double talking" of  "post number one".

 

From "post number one", please note the connection to "fascism" ...... UNDERLINED by the poster!

 

"Fascism - is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

 

The " fascism" identified has to do with Trump's "radical authoritarian nationalism" and "control of an industry" ..... in this case ..... PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL ..... and nothing to do with "petitions" as you falsely inserted onto the poster's clearly stated items exhibiting a "relationship" with fascism!!!


Darn, I was hoping to see the poster beg a few more times!  LOL.

 

You "nailed it", myexp.  It wasn't too hard with anyone with any intellect to understand so it's not a surprise that one who still doesn't understand the meaning of "Black Lives Matter", racism and white privilege would struggle with the meaning of a word, EVEN IF THE WORD IS DEFINED for him.

 

Meanwhile, trump has dismissed the petitions submitted to the White House; now the fuhrer thinks petitions are dandy.  Of course, he and the Fascist Five are all hypocrites, but they'll deny that as well.


For the above to make any sense, it would be required that an example be given of Mussolini or Hitler trying to rule by petition.

No .... your "requirement" doesn't make any sense.

Once AGAIN, The "fascism" identified has to do with Trump's "radical authoritarian nationalism" and "control of an industry" ..... in this case ..... PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL ..... and nothing to do with "petitions"

 

Or, I suppose the silliness could continue about begging, white privilege, BLM, fuhrer, Fascist Five - and, the ever popular, "cult".

The "silliness" consists of your disingenuous  insertion of arguments which were never in the topic.

 


 


Which arguments are you referring to?


Yours!


Anything in particular?


Naw ..... All of them!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
420
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
405
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

405 Views
Message 53 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

 



@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

 



@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Historically, Fascism involved ultra-Nationalism  (My Country Right or Wrong) - a dictatorial leader and Government control of Industry.

 

Today's new fascism involves nonsensical ultra-Nationalism (e.g., protesting Government actions equal disrespect for Veterans) a rigged electoral system to ensure minority rule and the Ultra wealthy controlling Governemnt thru their media, and manipulation of the very new "social media".

 

The RWers are counting on people ignoring the evolution of Fascism into its current form embodied by the Republican Party and previous fascist Governments in Italy and Spain. It's like denying the similarities between Der Trumper and Der Fuhrer because Hitler didn't tweet and Lemontop doesn't speak German.

 


It is amazing to see how blind hatred can make a person go off the deep end spouting nonsense with only the hatred for the President, our Democracy, the private sector economy and successful people seeming to be the motivating force.


Once again, you're erroneously conflating the speaking of facts about Trump  with hatred for Trump.

 

Actually ..... Fascism, the KKK, Nazis, and White Supremacists are the "motivating force" behind Trump.

 

And "it is amazing to see how blind a person goes off the deep end" to defend the "spouting nonsense" and hatred Trump continues to "spew".


I just can't see how calling someone a Nazi, fascist, Kluxer, White Supremacist, Der Trumper, lemontop, etc. can be consider a statement of affection.

And I NEVER said it was!

Again with MORE straw man arguments!

 

 

 

Rarely are the issues mentioned by the hate cult without the surrounding morass of childish insults.

Now you're conflating "insults" with actual facts regarding Trump!

 

It makes all the sense of "Yeah, me too" calling a fellow poster "alt-right" and when asked of reasons respondes "Go read your posts".

Again ..... NEVER said that. You are AGAIN placing your words into my posts!

 

Wouldn't it be fun to actually discuss the issues without the surrounding trash?

Yup ..... but you keep inserting your words into the posts of others, continually employing straw man arguments and asking the same questions over and over .... questions for which the answers were already given ..... all the "surrounding trash" you have brought up.


 


For example......


Most of your posts .....


Since you are admitting to having nothing with which to back up your insults,

Wrong again.

 

No "insults" ..... So now you're conflating facts with "insults".

 

And I never "admitted" to the words you dishonestly placed in my post.

 

I'll just say - ta-ta.

The classic response when trapped in your own words.


 

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
405
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
398
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

398 Views
Message 54 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The never ending trolling and baiting postings from the Right are just a reality in this group and I guess they are here to stay.


It appears that you finally read post #1 and realized your error in the path you have been taking.


So it's my error that the never ending trolling and baiting postings from the Right are just a reality in this group? My, what strange right wing logic must have brought you to that erroneous conclusion.


No, your error is trash talking without being clear as to the content of post #1.


When you start being clear about it others will. It has been explained to you how Trump using a petition is Fascist. Just because to don't want to accept the explanation means nothing to me.

 

Continue on ...............


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
398
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
392
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

392 Views
Message 55 of 152

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

For those who want to continue this long chain letter with nothing but double talk and insults, I recommend reading post number one to see the claimed relationship between the petition and fascism.


And "those" would be only yourself .... as exhibited by your "double talking" of  "post number one".

 

From "post number one", please note the connection to "fascism" ...... UNDERLINED by the poster!

 

"Fascism - is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

 

The " fascism" identified has to do with Trump's "radical authoritarian nationalism" and "control of an industry" ..... in this case ..... PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL ..... and nothing to do with "petitions" as you falsely inserted onto the poster's clearly stated items exhibiting a "relationship" with fascism!!!


Asking for a petition is not "radical" nor "authoritarian"  and certainly not "nationalism". I would love to see someone cite an example of fascists governing by petition. 

 

But, realizing it doesn't exist would sorta end the fun, wouldn't it?


Certainly. Voting is one of the ways we PETITION the government. Gerrymandering, using undue influence, restricting voting rights, charging the free press as .false,  IS MANIPULATING THE PETITION BY THE PEOPLE. a decidedly fascist tactic used by both Hitler AND Mussolini. 


Again, can you cite an example of Mussolini or Hitler governing via petition rather than by decree?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
392
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
401
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

401 Views
Message 56 of 152

@Snoopy48 wrote:

A ‘leader’ starting a petition to support a move toward dictatorial control is a way to find out how many gullible people will allow that to happen without objection.

 

When the petition is sent to hard-core supporters it will get a substantial number of signatures from those who will support everything the dear leader proposes.

 

From some of the posts here it is apparent that some were easily duped by Trump’s petition.


Asking the people to express their desires sounds more like democracy than dictatorial control.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
401
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
395
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

395 Views
Message 57 of 152

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

For those who want to continue this long chain letter with nothing but double talk and insults, I recommend reading post number one to see the claimed relationship between the petition and fascism.


And "those" would be only yourself .... as exhibited by your "double talking" of  "post number one".

 

From "post number one", please note the connection to "fascism" ...... UNDERLINED by the poster!

 

"Fascism - is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

 

The " fascism" identified has to do with Trump's "radical authoritarian nationalism" and "control of an industry" ..... in this case ..... PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL ..... and nothing to do with "petitions" as you falsely inserted onto the poster's clearly stated items exhibiting a "relationship" with fascism!!!


Asking for a petition is not "radical" nor "authoritarian"  and certainly not "nationalism". I would love to see someone cite an example of fascists governing by petition. 

 

But, realizing it doesn't exist would sorta end the fun, wouldn't it?


Certainly. Voting is one of the ways we PETITION the government. Gerrymandering, using undue influence, restricting voting rights, charging the free press as .false,  IS MANIPULATING THE PETITION BY THE PEOPLE. a decidedly fascist tactic used by both Hitler AND Mussolini. 


Do you have examples of those dudes ruling by petition?


removing populations that wish to petition the govt, via vote, or political party. Im helping my grandson with history class, and this weeks lesson is the lead up to the Revolution. It covers petitions to redress the government quite well, as well as the ways such petittions are quashed. 


What has that to do with "This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today" followed by an extensive post about the President suggesting that people petition the NFL???

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
395
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
381
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

381 Views
Message 58 of 152

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

For those who want to continue this long chain letter with nothing but double talk and insults, I recommend reading post number one to see the claimed relationship between the petition and fascism.


And "those" would be only yourself .... as exhibited by your "double talking" of  "post number one".

 

From "post number one", please note the connection to "fascism" ...... UNDERLINED by the poster!

 

"Fascism - is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

 

The " fascism" identified has to do with Trump's "radical authoritarian nationalism" and "control of an industry" ..... in this case ..... PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL ..... and nothing to do with "petitions" as you falsely inserted onto the poster's clearly stated items exhibiting a "relationship" with fascism!!!


Darn, I was hoping to see the poster beg a few more times!  LOL.

 

You "nailed it", myexp.  It wasn't too hard with anyone with any intellect to understand so it's not a surprise that one who still doesn't understand the meaning of "Black Lives Matter", racism and white privilege would struggle with the meaning of a word, EVEN IF THE WORD IS DEFINED for him.

 

Meanwhile, trump has dismissed the petitions submitted to the White House; now the fuhrer thinks petitions are dandy.  Of course, he and the Fascist Five are all hypocrites, but they'll deny that as well.


For the above to make any sense, it would be required that an example be given of Mussolini or Hitler trying to rule by petition.

No .... your "requirement" doesn't make any sense.

Once AGAIN, The "fascism" identified has to do with Trump's "radical authoritarian nationalism" and "control of an industry" ..... in this case ..... PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL ..... and nothing to do with "petitions"

 

Or, I suppose the silliness could continue about begging, white privilege, BLM, fuhrer, Fascist Five - and, the ever popular, "cult".

The "silliness" consists of your disingenuous  insertion of arguments which were never in the topic.

 


 


Which arguments are you referring to?


Yours!


Anything in particular?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
381
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
378
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

378 Views
Message 59 of 152

@myexper wrote:

 



@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

 



@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Historically, Fascism involved ultra-Nationalism  (My Country Right or Wrong) - a dictatorial leader and Government control of Industry.

 

Today's new fascism involves nonsensical ultra-Nationalism (e.g., protesting Government actions equal disrespect for Veterans) a rigged electoral system to ensure minority rule and the Ultra wealthy controlling Governemnt thru their media, and manipulation of the very new "social media".

 

The RWers are counting on people ignoring the evolution of Fascism into its current form embodied by the Republican Party and previous fascist Governments in Italy and Spain. It's like denying the similarities between Der Trumper and Der Fuhrer because Hitler didn't tweet and Lemontop doesn't speak German.

 


It is amazing to see how blind hatred can make a person go off the deep end spouting nonsense with only the hatred for the President, our Democracy, the private sector economy and successful people seeming to be the motivating force.


Once again, you're erroneously conflating the speaking of facts about Trump  with hatred for Trump.

 

Actually ..... Fascism, the KKK, Nazis, and White Supremacists are the "motivating force" behind Trump.

 

And "it is amazing to see how blind a person goes off the deep end" to defend the "spouting nonsense" and hatred Trump continues to "spew".


I just can't see how calling someone a Nazi, fascist, Kluxer, White Supremacist, Der Trumper, lemontop, etc. can be consider a statement of affection.

And I NEVER said it was!

Again with MORE straw man arguments!

 

 

 

Rarely are the issues mentioned by the hate cult without the surrounding morass of childish insults.

Now you're conflating "insults" with actual facts regarding Trump!

 

It makes all the sense of "Yeah, me too" calling a fellow poster "alt-right" and when asked of reasons respondes "Go read your posts".

Again ..... NEVER said that. You are AGAIN placing your words into my posts!

 

Wouldn't it be fun to actually discuss the issues without the surrounding trash?

Yup ..... but you keep inserting your words into the posts of others, continually employing straw man arguments and asking the same questions over and over .... questions for which the answers were already given ..... all the "surrounding trash" you have brought up.


 


For example......


Most of your posts .....


Since you are admitting to having nothing with which to back up your insults, I'll just say - ta-ta.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
378
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
381
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

381 Views
Message 60 of 152

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The never ending trolling and baiting postings from the Right are just a reality in this group and I guess they are here to stay.


It appears that you finally read post #1 and realized your error in the path you have been taking.


So it's my error that the never ending trolling and baiting postings from the Right are just a reality in this group? My, what strange right wing logic must have brought you to that erroneous conclusion.


No, your error is trash talking without being clear as to the content of post #1.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
381
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors