Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

 

Reply
Trusted Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
355
Views

This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

355 Views
Message 31 of 152

I don't know if I should feel sorry for someone who believes a Health Insurance program, Obamacare, is a form of fascism, or should I feel anger at their ignorance of this concept and why it's so important for everyone with Trump as President.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
355
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
5
Kudos
344
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

344 Views
Message 32 of 152

Der Trumper is simply dividing the Nation against itself for the glory of his insatiable ego. All the major fascists have done exactly the same and claiming the vehicle he rides to the fight in (a pettiton) somehow erases the fact he's starting another fight is childish in the extreme.

Report Inappropriate Content
5
Kudos
344
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
326
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

326 Views
Message 33 of 152

All right kiddies, you've gotten all the standard buzz words in about trolling, hating, changing words, etc. now let's get back to the basics:

 

Fascism - is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.

 

It is what it is......fascism sucks!  

 

A fascist (by the definition above) uses the power of government to control an industry much as Obama tried to do with Obamacare. In this case the President suggested that the people express their feelings about the disrespect for the symbols of our Nation. 

 

There is no connection between the two.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
326
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
327
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

327 Views
Message 34 of 152

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

For those who want to continue this long chain letter with nothing but double talk and insults, I recommend reading post number one to see the claimed relationship between the petition and fascism.


And "those" would be only yourself .... as exhibited by your "double talking" of  "post number one".

 

From "post number one", please note the connection to "fascism" ...... UNDERLINED by the poster!

 

"Fascism - is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

 

The " fascism" identified has to do with Trump's "radical authoritarian nationalism" and "control of an industry" ..... in this case ..... PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL ..... and nothing to do with "petitions" as you falsely inserted onto the poster's clearly stated items exhibiting a "relationship" with fascism!!!


Asking for a petition is not "radical" nor "authoritarian"  and certainly not "nationalism". I would love to see someone cite an example of fascists governing by petition. 

 

But, realizing it doesn't exist would sorta end the fun, wouldn't it?


Certainly. Voting is one of the ways we PETITION the government. Gerrymandering, using undue influence, restricting voting rights, charging the free press as .false,  IS MANIPULATING THE PETITION BY THE PEOPLE. a decidedly fascist tactic used by both Hitler AND Mussolini. 


Again, can you cite an example of Mussolini or Hitler governing via petition rather than by decree?


I did, in 2 posts. To refuse to debate the points raised in debate is, capitulation. Can you show me that Hitler and Musolini granted the peoples petitions by NOT using the methods I described in suppressing petition? you wanted to make it a debate about petition, and now have capitulated .


The topic is not about capitulation. The topic is not about suppressing petitions. The topic is about fascism and is based on the theory that the President's suggestion of a petition is somehow an indication of fascism. The point is simply unmakeable no matter how much bending and twisting is offered.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
327
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
326
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

326 Views
Message 35 of 152

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The never ending trolling and baiting postings from the Right are just a reality in this group and I guess they are here to stay.


It appears that you finally read post #1 and realized your error in the path you have been taking.


So it's my error that the never ending trolling and baiting postings from the Right are just a reality in this group? My, what strange right wing logic must have brought you to that erroneous conclusion.


No, your error is trash talking without being clear as to the content of post #1.


When you start being clear about it others will. It has been explained to you how Trump using a petition is Fascist. Just because to don't want to accept the explanation means nothing to me.

 

Continue on ...............


Yes, some of the hate cult have SAID that some how or other supporting a petition is Fascist. But , no - no one has explained how a dictator rules by petition. In fact, the "proof" one offers is "trolling and baiting" and "right wing logic" - period.


The denial of knowing what your wormy president was doing and posting continual denial about it is "trolling and baiting".


Fascists do not rule via petition, so this topic is fradulent.

But the topic never stated that .... YOU contrived it ..... made it up!

As such, it is your statement that "is fraudulent"!

 

 

That simple reality cannot be changed by typing such childish comments as "worny president".

The "simple reality" is that you presented another "childish" straw man argument with your contrived made up "comments" of what the topic stated.

 


 


Is the topic not about fascism? Is the topic not about a petition suggested by President Trump? So, what did I "contrive"?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
326
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
343
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

343 Views
Message 36 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

 


The denial of knowing what your wormy president was doing and posting continual denial about it is "trolling and baiting".


Fascists do not rule via petition, so this topic is fradulent. That simple reality cannot be changed by typing such childish comments as "worny president".


Let's keep things straight ...... it is 'wormy', not "worny".  If a president uses a petition to bolster his leverage in controlling the actions of a company or an entity such as the NFL, then he is using a petition for a Fascist reason.  Denying all of this is fraudulent.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
343
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
5
Kudos
341
Views

This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

341 Views
Message 37 of 152

The first thing dictators do is go after the press. They know an honest, indpendent, free press is the heart and soul of a democracy. Donald Trump and his minions have been doing just that since he took office. 

 

If that wasn't bad enough, Trump spends a fair amount of time attacking judges and the judicial system.

 

None of this concerns members of his cult because they aren't bright enough to understand what's going on.

Report Inappropriate Content
5
Kudos
341
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
346
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

346 Views
Message 38 of 152

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

For those who want to continue this long chain letter with nothing but double talk and insults, I recommend reading post number one to see the claimed relationship between the petition and fascism.


And "those" would be only yourself .... as exhibited by your "double talking" of  "post number one".

 

From "post number one", please note the connection to "fascism" ...... UNDERLINED by the poster!

 

"Fascism - is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

 

The " fascism" identified has to do with Trump's "radical authoritarian nationalism" and "control of an industry" ..... in this case ..... PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL ..... and nothing to do with "petitions" as you falsely inserted onto the poster's clearly stated items exhibiting a "relationship" with fascism!!!


Asking for a petition is not "radical" nor "authoritarian"  and certainly not "nationalism". I would love to see someone cite an example of fascists governing by petition. 

 

But, realizing it doesn't exist would sorta end the fun, wouldn't it?


Certainly. Voting is one of the ways we PETITION the government. Gerrymandering, using undue influence, restricting voting rights, charging the free press as .false,  IS MANIPULATING THE PETITION BY THE PEOPLE. a decidedly fascist tactic used by both Hitler AND Mussolini. 


Again, can you cite an example of Mussolini or Hitler governing via petition rather than by decree?


No need to as he never initiated nor advanced any such argument. BUT YOU HAVE .... and then fallaciously imply that the other poster did!

 

As such ..... and once again ...... you continue to create straw man arguments ..... a disingenuous method of posting that you rely upon to evade that which negates what you'd like to believe.


Got it - your point is that suggesting a petition is NOT related to fascism.

Nope ...... My point is that The " fascism" identified has to do with Trump's "radical authoritarian nationalism" and "control of an industry" ..... in this case ..... PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL ..... and nothing to do with "petitions" as you falsely inserted onto the poster's clearly stated items exhibiting a "relationship" with fascism.

 

I already stated that "point" several times.

 

 

We agree.

Wrong AGAIN ...... and AGAIN you insert your words into my post!

 

And AGAIN, you are correct, myexp.  The forum TROLL just can't get it through his head....and that's OK, he still struggles with the meaning of simple words.  He whined for weeks, begging others to explain what "Black Lives Matters" means and now he's begging about petitions.  Sad indeed.

 

images (1).jpg

 

 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
346
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
330
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

330 Views
Message 39 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

For those who want to continue this long chain letter with nothing but double talk and insults, I recommend reading post number one to see the claimed relationship between the petition and fascism.


And "those" would be only yourself .... as exhibited by your "double talking" of  "post number one".

 

From "post number one", please note the connection to "fascism" ...... UNDERLINED by the poster!

 

"Fascism - is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

 

The " fascism" identified has to do with Trump's "radical authoritarian nationalism" and "control of an industry" ..... in this case ..... PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL ..... and nothing to do with "petitions" as you falsely inserted onto the poster's clearly stated items exhibiting a "relationship" with fascism!!!


Asking for a petition is not "radical" nor "authoritarian"  and certainly not "nationalism". I would love to see someone cite an example of fascists governing by petition. 

 

But, realizing it doesn't exist would sorta end the fun, wouldn't it?


Certainly. Voting is one of the ways we PETITION the government. Gerrymandering, using undue influence, restricting voting rights, charging the free press as .false,  IS MANIPULATING THE PETITION BY THE PEOPLE. a decidedly fascist tactic used by both Hitler AND Mussolini. 


Again, can you cite an example of Mussolini or Hitler governing via petition rather than by decree?


I did, in 2 posts. To refuse to debate the points raised in debate is, capitulation. Can you show me that Hitler and Musolini granted the peoples petitions by NOT using the methods I described in suppressing petition? you wanted to make it a debate about petition, and now have capitulated .

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
330
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
336
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

336 Views
Message 40 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:



Fascists do not rule via petition.


rk9152 did manage to get that one isolated factioid correct...

However, the original topic poster got an irrefutable fact absolutely correct when he posted the fact that "fascism sucks".  

 

Whether that accurately can be extended to describe trump as well is something trump-suckers and other assorted sycophants will vociferously - and disingenuously disagree with...

 

Most of America Thinks Donald Trump Sucks, Says Poll - VICE

 

The majority of the nation's citizens are truly grateful for the fact that the extremes of trump's malignant narcissism have interfered with his attempts to be a truly competent fascist - as shown by all of the top business leaders who left his commission due to his derangement driven incompetence...

 

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
336
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors