Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

Message 91 of 152

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

For those who want to continue this long chain letter with nothing but double talk and insults, I recommend reading post number one to see the claimed relationship between the petition and fascism.

And "those" would be only yourself .... as exhibited by your "double talking" of  "post number one".

From "post number one", please note the connection to "fascism" ...... UNDERLINED by the poster!

"Fascism - is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

The " fascism" identified has to do with Trump's "radical authoritarian nationalism" and "control of an industry" ..... in this case ..... PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL ..... and nothing to do with "petitions" as you falsely inserted onto the poster's clearly stated items exhibiting a "relationship" with fascism!!!

Asking for a petition is not "radical" nor "authoritarian"  and certainly not "nationalism". I would love to see someone cite an example of fascists governing by petition. 

But, realizing it doesn't exist would sorta end the fun, wouldn't it?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

Wouldn't it be fun to actually discuss the issues without the surrounding trash?

And when are you going to start doing that?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 152

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Historically, Fascism involved ultra-Nationalism  (My Country Right or Wrong) - a dictatorial leader and Government control of Industry.

Today's new fascism involves nonsensical ultra-Nationalism (e.g., protesting Government actions equal disrespect for Veterans) a rigged electoral system to ensure minority rule and the Ultra wealthy controlling Governemnt thru their media, and manipulation of the very new "social media".

The RWers are counting on people ignoring the evolution of Fascism into its current form embodied by the Republican Party and previous fascist Governments in Italy and Spain. It's like denying the similarities between Der Trumper and Der Fuhrer because Hitler didn't tweet and Lemontop doesn't speak German.

It is amazing to see how blind hatred can make a person go off the deep end spouting nonsense with only the hatred for the President, our Democracy, the private sector economy and successful people seeming to be the motivating force.

Once again, you're erroneously conflating the speaking of facts about Trump  with hatred for Trump.

Actually ..... Fascism, the KKK, Nazis, and White Supremacists are the "motivating force" behind Trump.

And "it is amazing to see how blind a person goes off the deep end" to defend the "spouting nonsense" and hatred Trump continues to "spew".

I just can't see how calling someone a Nazi, fascist, Kluxer, White Supremacist, Der Trumper, lemontop, etc. can be consider a statement of affection.

Rarely are the issues mentioned by the hate cult without the surrounding morass of childish insults.

It makes all the sense of "Yeah, me too" calling a fellow poster "alt-right" and when asked of reasons respondes "Go read your posts".

Wouldn't it be fun to actually discuss the issues without the surrounding trash?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 152

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

For those who want to continue this long chain letter with nothing but double talk and insults, I recommend reading post number one to see the claimed relationship between the petition and fascism.

And "those" would be only yourself .... as exhibited by your "double talking" of  "post number one".

From "post number one", please note the connection to "fascism" ...... UNDERLINED by the poster!

"Fascism - is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

The " fascism" identified has to do with Trump's "radical authoritarian nationalism" and "control of an industry" ..... in this case ..... PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL ..... and nothing to do with "petitions" as you falsely inserted onto the poster's clearly stated items exhibiting a "relationship" with fascism!!!

Darn, I was hoping to see the poster beg a few more times!  LOL.

You "nailed it", myexp.  It wasn't too hard with anyone with any intellect to understand so it's not a surprise that one who still doesn't understand the meaning of "Black Lives Matter", racism and white privilege would struggle with the meaning of a word, EVEN IF THE WORD IS DEFINED for him.

Meanwhile, trump has dismissed the petitions submitted to the White House; now the fuhrer thinks petitions are dandy.  Of course, he and the Fascist Five are all hypocrites, but they'll deny that as well.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Historically, Fascism involved ultra-Nationalism  (My Country Right or Wrong) - a dictatorial leader and Government control of Industry.

Today's new fascism involves nonsensical ultra-Nationalism (e.g., protesting Government actions equal disrespect for Veterans) a rigged electoral system to ensure minority rule and the Ultra wealthy controlling Governemnt thru their media, and manipulation of the very new "social media".

The RWers are counting on people ignoring the evolution of Fascism into its current form embodied by the Republican Party and previous fascist Governments in Italy and Spain. It's like denying the similarities between Der Trumper and Der Fuhrer because Hitler didn't tweet and Lemontop doesn't speak German.

It is amazing to see how blind hatred can make a person go off the deep end spouting nonsense with only the hatred for the President, our Democracy, the private sector economy and successful people seeming to be the motivating force.

Once again, you're erroneously conflating the speaking of facts about Trump  with hatred for Trump.

Actually ..... Fascism, the KKK, Nazis, and White Supremacists are the "motivating force" behind Trump.

And "it is amazing to see how blind a person goes off the deep end" to defend the "spouting nonsense" and hatred Trump continues to "spew".

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 152

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 152

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 152

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

If you find the topic "silly", it's obviously due to Trump's "silly" petitions that it addresses.

Read the topic title.

I did.  It is most representative of the narrative below it ..... a narrative describing a truth you obviously want to evade.

O.K. - one more once, how does starting a petition relate to fascism??

No "one more once" as the answer was in the original posting.

To further explain, the post by umbarch64, directly following your coy question, quite eloquently and precisely answers your coy question ..... AGAIN!

No it wasn't.

The visible postings clearly indicate otherwise.

I can't believe that we have American citizens with their panties in a wad over a "fascist government" that rules by petition.

So you can't believe a statement that you contrived. Me too.

Do you have example of Mussolini requesting a petition? How about the other favorite of the hate cult - Hitler. Did he rule by petition?

Another straw man argument!

And, I see nothing "coy" in that straight forward point.

The "coy" was in the question you posed. You evaded that and changed it's application.

Classic - when you have no reasonable response without blowing your position up, say "straw" or "look over there", or "crickets", or "you lied".

More false accusations.

And when you question a poster on an argument that the poster never made nor advanced, that IS a "straw man" argument .... a "classic" method you utilize when you are caught in your deceptive and contrived responses.

There is a pattern of (dare I say) "intellectual dishonesty" on these boards.

Yup ..... by posters who contrive false accusations against other posters, by posters who keep asking the same question over and over even though the answer was already given (playing coy), by posters who utilize straw man arguments and posters who place their words into the posts of others.

I must have missed the answer, my bad. So can you tell me - Do you have example of Mussolini requesting a petition? How about the other favorite of the hate cult - Hitler. Did he rule by petition?

Bottom line, what is fascist about asking for a petition?

trump doesn't rule by petition - so he must be a fascist - if one adheres to your derailed train of logic...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors