Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Kudos
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

Message 1 of 152

Thanks everyone for contributing.

Since the thread has gone off topic and descended into personal attacks, this thread is now locked.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 152

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Like I said, thanks for clarifying that what Trump does is Fascist.

That last sentence - reflective of a sincere interpretation of my words or snark???

I didn't have to interpret anything, you gave a dictionary definition, it didn't need "interpretation". By that definition what Trump did with that petition is Fascist in nature. Again, thanks for the clarification.. No wonder you use your own made up definitions so often, you don't do so well using the ones from a dictionary.

Reality has a well known liberal bias.

trump's narcissism uses it's own fabricated definitions and interpretations in order to avoid facing reality.

A coincidence?  Or not?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 152

rk - No, I was copying the definition brought into the discussion by one of your fellow hate cult members. And, again, I did not see the words "fascist" in the Reuters quote. So, what is it's point?

The rally was organized by the League of the South, an organization designated by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a "neo-Confederate hate group."

ABC News reported that a young white male was arrested by several police officers and taken away in a golf cart.  A golf cart LOL!

The group's leader Michael Hill spoke at the rally using a megaphone, but was largely drowned out by counterprotesters blaring "La Bamba" and other songs through loudspeakers.

Arrest made at white nationalist rally in Tennessee

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/arrest-made-at-white-nationalist-rally-in-tennessee/ar-AAuaGqQ?li=...

White nationalists march through Tennessee town

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

Like I said, thanks for clarifying that what Trump does is Fascist.

That last sentence - reflective of a sincere interpretation of my words or snark???

I didn't have to interpret anything, you gave a dictionary definition, it didn't need "interpretation". By that definition what Trump did with that petition is Fascist in nature. Again, thanks for the clarification.. No wonder you use your own made up definitions so often, you don't do so well using the ones from a dictionary.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Is the topic not about fascism?

Fascism as exemplified by Trump's authoritarian rule and his desire to control an industry .... the NFL.

You conveniently omitted all that!

Is the topic not about a suggested by President Trump?

A suggested what ????????

So, what did I "contrive"?

You contrived a ludicrous statement that the topic's reference to fascism was about fascists ruling by petitions.

The President suggested a petition regarding the disrespect paid the symbols of our Nation. The topic calls him a fascist for doing that. I, very rationally, asked for an example of Mussolini or Hitler ruling by petition.

Any thoughts on that??

Yup .... I already expressed them to you several times. And all in response to your contrived argument.

But, as usual, you evaded them as you evade anything that negates the fallacies you'd like to believe.

So, ONCE AGAIN ......

From "the topic", please note the connection to "fascism" ...... UNDERLINED by the topic's poster!

"Fascism - is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

The  "fascism" identified has to do with Trump's "radical authoritarian nationalism" and "control of an industry" ..... in this case ..... PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL ..... and nothing to do with your contrived ludicrous statement of "Mussolini or Hitler ruling by petition".

Suggesting a petition is hardly "control of industry" is hardly fascism.  Need proof - two notorious fascists (Mussolini and Hitler) did not rule by petition. On the other hand, if anyone can point out a fascist who did rule by petition, I'll be glad to discuss the implications. However, simply typing "contrived ludicrous statement" does not approach the point from a position of logic.

As to "nationalism" - as far as I can remember every President but one placed our Nation as number one, all but one had and expressed pride in our Nation.

Here are words from JFK. Is this not pride in our Nation and looking to make it even better:

"For I can assure you that we love our country, not for what it was, though it has always been great -- not for what it is, though of this we are deeply proud -- but for what it someday can, and, through the efforts of us all, someday will be."

Suggesting a petition is hardly "control of industry" is hardly fascism.
And I never said it was. YOU made up that false accusation!

Need proof - two notorious fascists (Mussolini and Hitler) did not rule by petition. On the other hand, if anyone can point out a fascist who did rule by petition, I'll be glad to discuss the implications.
Well, it was YOU who made that up. So "discuss" it with yourself!

However, simply typing "contrived ludicrous statement" does not approach the point from a position of logic.

It wasn't "simply typed".  It accurately defined your statement regarding Mussolini and Hitler ruling by petition!

As to "nationalism" - as far as I can remember every President but one placed our Nation as number one, all but one had and expressed pride in our Nation.

And that "one" was Trump ..... who stated that America was no longer "great" and bashed the **bleep** out of America in his inauguration speech!

Here are words from JFK. Is this not pride in our Nation and looking to make it even better:
"For I can assure you that we love our country, not for what it was, though it has always been great -- not for what it is, though of this we are deeply proud -- but for what it someday can, and, through the efforts of us all, someday will be."
You conveniently omit that "our country" was all inclusive by JFK.
Trump's "our country" excludes Muslims, Latinos, gay people, trans genders and instead endorses White Supremacists, Nazis, KKK and other hate groups!

Rk, I know what JFK meant by "love our country".  He served our country valiantly and heroically in a world war. JFK never disparaged our country and insulted it's multi ethnic people as Trump did.

TRUMP IS NO JFK!

I DIDN'T SAY HE DID. DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

No need to. The "words" were already there with your false equivalency of Trump and JFK relative to "pride in our nation"

Who are these "multi-ethnic people you are worried about??

The people that consist of Americans ....... people from different countries and different cultures.

And, since you have (as usual) gone off topic with a mention of "gays"

Gays were a group of Americans that Trump  excludes from "love of country" ...... A rebuttal to your post.

- I have heard that Martin Luther King was opposed to gay marriage.

Nothing to do with my post ..... but on it's way to become yet another straw man argument!

Shall we tear all those statues down and rename all those streets?

No ..... Martin Luther King never committed treason like the confederate generals in "all those statues".

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 152

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

:

Fascism - is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.

It is what it is......fascism sucks!  

Yep, Fascism sucks.  Trump is radical, he is authoritarian, he is a nationalist (proven by his appointing Bannon and others), he tries to dictate, he suppresses the opposition.  And ............. Trump using a petition to gain some clout in telling the NFL what to do is Fascist in nature (as per these words provided in a link in the original article posted):

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump has stepped up the pressure on the National Football League over protests by its players during the national anthem by launching a petition and asking his supporters to show their patriotism by backing it."

Thanks for the definition clarifying all of that.

I did not see the word "fascist" in the Reuters quote. That is manufactured by the hate cult.

You are the one who posted the definition of the word Fascism which explains Trump's actions. Does that make you part of that "hate cult"?

No, I was copying the definition brought into the discussion by one of your fellow hate cult members. And, again, I did not see the words "fascist" in the Reuters quote. So, what is it's point?

We arent suprised you dont see fascism..anywhere. ot in the alt right, not in the confederate statues, not in the President having a petition crafted so only his followers and NOT his constituents need apply yes. we realize you dont understand why supporting the beginnings of Hitler style terrorism in the US is not supporting Fascism. Because, we read your posts, and your opinion is clear. 

do you know what i mean or what you mean when you ask what do I mean when I mean what I say, or..do your support the league of the south?

Who are the "we" that you speak for? And now Confederate statues are fascist. Another interesting new theory from the disjointed left.

And still - suggesting a petition is hardly fascist.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

:

Fascism - is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.

It is what it is......fascism sucks!  

Yep, Fascism sucks.  Trump is radical, he is authoritarian, he is a nationalist (proven by his appointing Bannon and others), he tries to dictate, he suppresses the opposition.  And ............. Trump using a petition to gain some clout in telling the NFL what to do is Fascist in nature (as per these words provided in a link in the original article posted):

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump has stepped up the pressure on the National Football League over protests by its players during the national anthem by launching a petition and asking his supporters to show their patriotism by backing it."

Thanks for the definition clarifying all of that.

I did not see the word "fascist" in the Reuters quote. That is manufactured by the hate cult.

You are the one who posted the definition of the word Fascism which explains Trump's actions. Does that make you part of that "hate cult"?

No, I was copying the definition brought into the discussion by one of your fellow hate cult members. And, again, I did not see the words "fascist" in the Reuters quote. So, what is it's point?

We arent suprised you dont see fascism..anywhere. ot in the alt right, not in the confederate statues, not in the President having a petition crafted so only his followers and NOT his constituents need apply yes. we realize you dont understand why supporting the beginnings of Hitler style terrorism in the US is not supporting Fascism. Because, we read your posts, and your opinion is clear. 

do you know what i mean or what you mean when you ask what do I mean when I mean what I say, or..do your support the league of the south?

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 152

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Fascism as exemplified by Trump's authoritarian rule and his desire to control an industry .... the NFL.

You contrived a ludicrous statement that the topic's reference to fascism was about fascists ruling by petitions.

The President suggested a petition regarding the disrespect paid the symbols of our Nation. The topic calls him a fascist for doing that. I, very rationally, asked for an example of Mussolini or Hitler ruling by petition.

Any thoughts on that??

Yup .... I already expressed them to you several times. And all in response to your contrived argument.

But, as usual, you evaded them as you evade anything that negates the fallacies you'd like to believe.

So, ONCE AGAIN ......

From "the topic", please note the connection to "fascism" ...... UNDERLINED by the topic's poster!

"Fascism - is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

The  "fascism" identified has to do with Trump's "radical authoritarian nationalism" and "control of an industry" ..... in this case ..... PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL ..... and nothing to do with your contrived ludicrous statement of "Mussolini or Hitler ruling by petition".

Suggesting a petition is hardly "control of industry" is hardly fascism.  Need proof - two notorious fascists (Mussolini and Hitler) did not rule by petition. On the other hand, if anyone can point out a fascist who did rule by petition, I'll be glad to discuss the implications. However, simply typing "contrived ludicrous statement" does not approach the point from a position of logic.

Need proof - two notorious fascists (Mussolini and Hitler) did not rule by petition. On the other hand, if anyone can point out a fascist who did rule by petition, I'll be glad to discuss the implications.

However, simply typing "contrived ludicrous statement" does not approach the point from a position of logic.

It wasn't "simply typed".  It accurately defined your statement regarding Mussolini and Hitler ruling by petition!

And that "one" was Trump ..... who stated that America was no longer "great" and bashed the **bleep** out of America in his inauguration speech!

Trump's "our country" excludes Muslims, Latinos, gay people, trans genders and instead endorses White Supremacists, Nazis, KKK and other hate groups!

Rk, I know what JFK meant by "love our country".  He served our country valiantly and heroically in a world war. JFK never disparaged our country and insulted it's multi ethnic people as Trump did.

TRUMP IS NO JFK!

I DIDN'T SAY HE DID. DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

Who are these "multi-ethnic people you are worried about??

And, since you have (as usual) gone off topic with a mention of "gays" - I have heard that Martin Luther King was opposed to gay marriage. Shall we tear all those statues down and rename all those streets?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Any thoughts on that??

So, ONCE AGAIN ......

TRUMP IS NO JFK!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I don't know if I should feel sorry for someone who believes a Health Insurance program, Obamacare, is a form of fascism, or should I feel anger at their ignorance of this concept and why it's so important for everyone with Trump as President.

If we are to consider "control an industry" as the standard, Obamacare certainly qualifies. I personally consider it more Socialist but I am just using the interpretations of other posters.

Healthcare is not an industry. Its a service, and a right. Market forces would dictate the industry overgo an efficiency and cost overhaul, related to getting back to the core mission of...get this...healthcare. 

play word games lol

Dos that mean that you do or do not believe that Obamacare represented the taking control of the industry?

Mlseker is correct - more word games...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors