This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
208
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

208 Views
Message 111 of 152

@MICHAELJON52 wrote:
THAT'S RIGHT I AM AN IGNORANT SOB. BUT I AM ENTITLED TO AN OPINION, RIGHT?
YOU SAY YOU'RE AN INDEPENDANT, WELL I SAY YOU ARE A DEMONOCRAP, LISTEN TO YOUR RANT ON TRUMP. ONLY DEMONS AND INDIES RANT ON LIKE THAT. NO SUBSTANCE TO MOST OF THE ATTACKS ON PRESIDENT TRUMP. WHAT ABOUT ALL THE BREAKING NEWS ON THE URANIUM 1 DEALS THAT CAME OUT THIS PAST WEEK PLUS. BAM BAM, HILLDEBEAST, HOLDER THE FBI AND ANOTHER 2 DOZEN OR SO CROOKS THAT SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED, CHARGED IF WARRANTED AND TRIED. IF FOUND GUILTY SENT TO PRISON UNDER THE HARSHEST OF SENTENCES AND FINED TIL IT BLEEDS THEM DRY.

did you come here to rant about rants? ignorant? are you admitting you support trump too?

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
208
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
202
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

202 Views
Message 112 of 152

@MICHAELJON52 wrote:
NUMBER 1 I TYPE IN CAPS BECAUSE OF MY EYESIGHT! YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT THEN YOU MY DEAR SIR ARE BIASED TOWARDS PEOPLE WITH BAD EYESIGHT.
NUMBER 2 I'LL BET YOU ARE A DEMONOCRAP, THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT COMPLAIN OF MY USE OF CAPITAL LETTERS. THEY DON'T LIKE WHAT I POST SO THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT THE USE OF CAPS AS THEIR DEFENSE.

Ill bet I dont watch odonnel...and you probably thought Obama was a kenyan too. Did you know that FOX doesnt consider Hannity and carlson to be news? they consider them opinion shows Sorry you dont know news from opinion. Then again, not knowing what  real news is, explains your vote for Trump.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
202
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
206
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

206 Views
Message 113 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:


@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:


 


@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I seriously doubt Benito Mussolini started petitions when he wanted something to happen.

 

Another silly topic from the hate cult.


The "petitions" indeed are quite "silly".

 

You'd think that a POTUS would have more important things to do than initiate an absurd "hate cult" for football players.

But then again ..... we're talking Trump!


You miss the point - the topic is silly.


If you find the topic "silly", it's obviously due to Trump's "silly" petitions that it addresses.


Read the topic title.


I did.  It is most representative of the narrative below it ..... a narrative describing a truth you obviously want to evade.


O.K. - one more once, how does starting a petition relate to fascism??


No "one more once" as the answer was in the original posting.

To further explain, the post by umbarch64, directly following your coy question, quite eloquently and precisely answers your coy question ..... AGAIN!


No it wasn't.

The visible postings clearly indicate otherwise.

 

I can't believe that we have American citizens with their panties in a wad over a "fascist government" that rules by petition.

So you can't believe a statement that you contrived. Me too.

 

 

Do you have example of Mussolini requesting a petition? How about the other favorite of the hate cult - Hitler. Did he rule by petition?

Another straw man argument!

 

And, I see nothing "coy" in that straight forward point.

The "coy" was in the question you posed. You evaded that and changed it's application.


 

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
206
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
192
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

192 Views
Message 114 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@MICHAELJON52

 

Posting in all capital letters is considered yelling online and is proscribed.

 

As guidelines says...

  • Help us read your posts.

Keep your posts easy to read and understand by checking your spelling and grammar and being as clear as possible. Remember, for instance, that the use of all capitals is considered yelling online.

 

As guidelines observes...

 

Violating these guidelines and terms may result in the removal of your content and/or the suspension of your online profile. In extreme cases, violations may result in the termination of your profile and access to the online community.

 

 

 


Now, now alferd.....cut him some slack.  He learns by example.  When you feed at a pig's trough, you get the same slop they do.  Garbage in....garbage out.


You are aware are you not that you are trying to discuss your views with someone who substantiates his position with a quote from Mad magazine and thinks the Richard Wolff is a "Bircher".


And is fully cognizant of the irrefutable fact that as a child, trump was such an uncontrollable equivalent of the proverbial planned parenthood poster child from hell that he was sent to a military academy because his parents couldn't deal with him.

 

Also fully cognizant of the obvious fact that trump is still very much that same planned parenthood poster child from hell who has learned to pretend to behave like an adult - occasionally - but not consistently enough to be functionally competent as president.

 

Is a psychiatrist necessary to see and recognize the extremely obvious malignant narcissism that makes him unfit to be president?

 

Nope - his supporters and followers are deluding themselves and completely  unsuccessfully attempting to convince the world that trump isn't incompetent.

 

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
192
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
196
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

196 Views
Message 115 of 152

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Are you familiar with the posts of a poster here named, Corb?  He hasn't posted in a while.

And 'Corb' also posted under more than one identity, just as this poster is now doing. Using 'all Caps' is a dead giveaway.


Any thoughts on the idea of "fascism via petition" or are you content with"Yeah, me too" about other posters?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
196
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
199
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

199 Views
Message 116 of 152

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:


@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:


 


@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I seriously doubt Benito Mussolini started petitions when he wanted something to happen.

 

Another silly topic from the hate cult.


The "petitions" indeed are quite "silly".

 

You'd think that a POTUS would have more important things to do than initiate an absurd "hate cult" for football players.

But then again ..... we're talking Trump!


You miss the point - the topic is silly.


If you find the topic "silly", it's obviously due to Trump's "silly" petitions that it addresses.


Read the topic title.


I did.  It is most representative of the narrative below it ..... a narrative describing a truth you obviously want to evade.


O.K. - one more once, how does starting a petition relate to fascism??


No "one more once" as the answer was in the original posting.

To further explain, the post by umbarch64, directly following your coy question, quite eloquently and precisely answers your coy question ..... AGAIN!


No it wasn't. I can't believe that we have American citizens with their panties in a wad over a "fascist government" that rules by petition. Do you have example of Mussolini requesting a petition? How about the other favorite of the hate cult - Hitler. Did he rule by petition?

 

And, I see nothing "coy" in that straight forward point.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
199
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
202
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

202 Views
Message 117 of 152

@umbarch64 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@MICHAELJON52

 

Posting in all capital letters is considered yelling online and is proscribed.

 

As guidelines says...

  • Help us read your posts.

Keep your posts easy to read and understand by checking your spelling and grammar and being as clear as possible. Remember, for instance, that the use of all capitals is considered yelling online.

 

As guidelines observes...

 

Violating these guidelines and terms may result in the removal of your content and/or the suspension of your online profile. In extreme cases, violations may result in the termination of your profile and access to the online community.

 

 

 


Now, now alferd.....cut him some slack.  He learns by example.  When you feed at a pig's trough, you get the same slop they do.  Garbage in....garbage out.


You are aware are you not that you are trying to discuss your views with someone who substantiates his position with a quote from Mad magazine and thinks the Richard Wolff is a "Bircher".

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
202
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
202
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

202 Views
Message 118 of 152

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Excellent point, unbarch.  I had forgotten the term sophism from philosophy 201....a VERY appropriate term when addressing that poster as he constantly, "creates a fallacious argument, especially one used deliberately to deceive."  He seems to frown on the terms "straw arguments" and "lying" but they are one in the same as sophism.


Did they really teach you in philosophy 201 that a fascist rules via petition?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
202
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
192
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

192 Views
Message 119 of 152

@umbarch64 wrote:

Well...just so 'the audience' isn't mislead by your sophism.  George Santayana is credited with originating the phrase, "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."  That phrase now has quite a few versions using various different words in key places. 

 

In any case, neither the past nor history ever repeats itself.  Can't possibly...not in this universe.  Circumstances surrounding events are never precisely the same, though similarities to those of today may exist.  But you should know that.  If you don't, you just learned something.

 

Still......current similarities to past events can provide a basis for considering possible and probable outcomes of what goes on today. To disregard what should have been learned would almost certainly mean drawing inaccurate at best, and incorrect at worst, conclusions from propaganda and sophistry calculated to yield just that. 

 

Another iteration of the Santayana phrase says, "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."  That is probably more precise and correctly phrased.  

 

The 'petition' presented by 'the donald' is a propaganda ploy intended to generate popular support needed to solidify power in his hands.  Same goes for the 'victim ads' asking for people to punch a number on their phone to support 'the donald' in his 'time of travail'.

 

Your singling out of 'petition' to discredit the underlying implications is just one more iteration of your sophism, nothing more.

 


Many words and, of course the requisite insults, yet still no dealing with the fact that a fascist does not request a petition. He says, Thous shalt" - and it is so.

 

BTW - your Santayana thing isn't mine. That belongs to a "Yeah, me too" of the klatch.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
192
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
214
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

214 Views
Message 120 of 152

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Are you familiar with the posts of a poster here named, Corb?  He hasn't posted in a while.

And 'Corb' also posted under more than one identity, just as this poster is now doing. Using 'all Caps' is a dead giveaway.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
214
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.


jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors