Message 121 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I seriously doubt Benito Mussolini started petitions when he wanted something to happen.

Another silly topic from the hate cult.

The "petitions" indeed are quite "silly".

You'd think that a POTUS would have more important things to do than initiate an absurd "hate cult" for football players.

But then again ..... we're talking Trump!

You miss the point - the topic is silly.

If you find the topic "silly", it's obviously due to Trump's "silly" petitions that it addresses.

Read the topic title.

I did.  It is most representative of the narrative below it ..... a narrative describing a truth you obviously want to evade.

O.K. - one more once, how does starting a petition relate to fascism??

No "one more once" as the answer was in the original posting.

To further explain, the post by umbarch64, directly following your coy question, quite eloquently and precisely answers your coy question ..... AGAIN!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: This is What Fascism Looks Like in the US Today

Message 122 of 152

@MICHAELJON52 wrote:

Welcome to the forum, MJ.  I hope you enjoy your stay here.  Look forward to seeing your views on other issues as well.  It would be appreciated by most all forum members if you stay on topic and not use all caps.  Simple courtesy to others.
If you have vision problems as many here do, we ain't spring chickens.....there is usually an option to increase the font size in your browser which will make it easier to read on your end.  Using all caps is considered inappropriate internet etiquette.
YOU CAN SURE TELL THE BRAIN DEAD THAT LISTEN TO MSNBC, CNN, NBC,CBS,ABC FOX NEWS (EXCEPTIONS ARE TUCKER AND HANNITY)!  Hannity?  Interesting.  What about his constant embracing the false story about who leaked the Clinton emails?  I think he's a political hack who struggles with reallity.  But, as you indicate, he has his fans.
YOU BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU HEAR?  Do you believe everything you hear from Hannity and Tucker?  IF SO LISTEN TO WHAT I AM GOING TO POINT OUT TO YOU. CHANCES ARE YOU HEARD IT ALREADY BUT YOU MORE THAN LIKELY DIDN'T HEAR THE WHOLE VIDEO. MOST WERE ONLY 3 MINUTES LONG OR SO.
READY
TYPE IN "LAWRENCE O'DONNELL LOSES IT"
LAWRENCE O'DONNELL IS ON MSNBC, HE'S SUPPOSE TO REPORT THE NEWS.
GOT IT TYPED IN GOOD, NOW FIND A VIDEO THAT IS ABOUT 8 MINUTES AND 30 SECONDS LONG. YOU CAN FAST FORWARD IF YOU WANT, HOWEVER STOP AT AROUND 7 MINUTES AND 30 SECONDS. START TO PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO WHAT HE'S SAYING. HE TALKS ABOUT STOPPING A VIDEO AT THE PRECISE MOMENT HE SAYS IT NEEDS TO BE STOPPED. NO BIG DEAL, YOU SAY. KEEP PLAYING THE VIDEO AT AROUND THE 7 MINUTE AND 20 SECOND TIME ON THE SAME VIDEO HE SAYS " IT'S IMPORTANT TO STOP THE VIDEO AT THE PRECISE MOMENT I SAY. OTHERWISE IF THE VIEWERS HEAR THE WHOLE TAPE, THEY WILL BELIEVE THE TALKERS POINTS. INSTEAD OF BELIEVING WHAT I'M SAYING.
NOW THAT IS WHAT IS CALLED FAKED NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL CAUGHT ON TAPE BY THE GUY THAT SAID IT.  I searched as you suggested but there are so many "hits" it's not clear which version of the video you are referring to.  Why don't you include a link to the video your talking about....it would be helpful.
Fake news?  Do you think trump spreads fake news?

SO WHEN YOU BELIEVE THAT TRUMP IS FACIST LIKE YOU HAD BEST GET THE FACTS CORRECT.

Really?  What do you call him insisting a company do as he demands?  Liberty?  What do you call suggesting he might create a Muslim database?  What do you think of Kelly lying about Wilson?  What do you call trumps support of the White Nationalists?  What about the creation of "alternative facts" to dis-inform Americans?  Creating unnecessary fear?  Try searching on trump and fascism....there are hundreds of very credible links.

THE SO CALLED NEWS IS TRYING THEIR BEST TO MAKE HIM OUT TO BE THE MEAN, EVIL, VILE, VICIOUS, RUTHLESS, HEARTLESS PERSON I agree......they show him exactly as he is.  THE LIKES OF OBAMA, THE HILDEBEAST, SLICK WILLIE, GW BUSH, AND GHW BUSH. THEY ARE THE ONES THAT HAVE TAKEN AMERICA AND SET IT BACK 200 YEARS.  So, other than the boorish trump, which politicians  have you supported in the past?  So if we are in 1817 as you suggest, what year is trump going to take us to, to be great again?
Are you familiar with the posts of a poster here named, Corb?  He hasn't posted in a while.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 123 of 152

@alferdpacker wrote:

@MICHAELJON52

Posting in all capital letters is considered yelling online and is proscribed.

As guidelines says...

• Help us read your posts.

Keep your posts easy to read and understand by checking your spelling and grammar and being as clear as possible. Remember, for instance, that the use of all capitals is considered yelling online.

As guidelines observes...

Violating these guidelines and terms may result in the removal of your content and/or the suspension of your online profile. In extreme cases, violations may result in the termination of your profile and access to the online community.

Now, now alferd.....cut him some slack.  He learns by example.  When you feed at a pig's trough, you get the same slop they do.  Garbage in....garbage out.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 124 of 152

Excellent point, unbarch.  I had forgotten the term sophism from philosophy 201....a VERY appropriate term when addressing that poster as he constantly, "creates a fallacious argument, especially one used deliberately to deceive."  He seems to frown on the terms "straw arguments" and "lying" but they are one in the same as sophism.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 125 of 152

Well...just so 'the audience' isn't mislead by your sophism.  George Santayana is credited with originating the phrase, "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."  That phrase now has quite a few versions using various different words in key places. 

In any case, neither the past nor history ever repeats itself.  Can't possibly...not in this universe.  Circumstances surrounding events are never precisely the same, though similarities to those of today may exist.  But you should know that.  If you don't, you just learned something.

Still......current similarities to past events can provide a basis for considering possible and probable outcomes of what goes on today. To disregard what should have been learned would almost certainly mean drawing inaccurate at best, and incorrect at worst, conclusions from propaganda and sophistry calculated to yield just that. 

Another iteration of the Santayana phrase says, "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."  That is probably more precise and correctly phrased.  

The 'petition' presented by 'the donald' is a propaganda ploy intended to generate popular support needed to solidify power in his hands.  Same goes for the 'victim ads' asking for people to punch a number on their phone to support 'the donald' in his 'time of travail'.

Your singling out of 'petition' to discredit the underlying implications is just one more iteration of your sophism, nothing more.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 126 of 152

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I seriously doubt Benito Mussolini started petitions when he wanted something to happen.

You'd think that a POTUS would have more important things to do than initiate an absurd "hate cult" for football players.

If you find the topic "silly", it's obviously due to Trump's "silly" petitions that it addresses.

Read the topic title.

I did.  It is most representative of the narrative below it ..... a narrative describing a truth you obviously want to evade.

O.K. - one more once, how does starting a petition relate to fascism??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 127 of 152

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Read the topic title.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 128 of 152

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@MICHAELJON52 wrote:
I'LL BET YOU ARE A DEMONOCRAP, THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT COMPLAIN OF MY USE OF CAPITAL LETTERS. THEY DON'T LIKE WHAT I POST SO THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT THE USE OF CAPS AS THEIR DEFENSE.

Nope not a republidolt either.   Independent and completely unaffiliated.

Not biased about eyesight issues of any sort.

Could 'IT' be a Corb clone?

Could well be...  similar verbiage, similar demonstration of class...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 129 of 152
THAT'S RIGHT I AM AN IGNORANT SOB. BUT I AM ENTITLED TO AN OPINION, RIGHT?
YOU SAY YOU'RE AN INDEPENDANT, WELL I SAY YOU ARE A DEMONOCRAP, LISTEN TO YOUR RANT ON TRUMP. ONLY DEMONS AND INDIES RANT ON LIKE THAT. NO SUBSTANCE TO MOST OF THE ATTACKS ON PRESIDENT TRUMP. WHAT ABOUT ALL THE BREAKING NEWS ON THE URANIUM 1 DEALS THAT CAME OUT THIS PAST WEEK PLUS. BAM BAM, HILLDEBEAST, HOLDER THE FBI AND ANOTHER 2 DOZEN OR SO CROOKS THAT SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED, CHARGED IF WARRANTED AND TRIED. IF FOUND GUILTY SENT TO PRISON UNDER THE HARSHEST OF SENTENCES AND FINED TIL IT BLEEDS THEM DRY.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 130 of 152

@alferdpacker wrote:

@MICHAELJON52 wrote:
I'LL BET YOU ARE A DEMONOCRAP, THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT COMPLAIN OF MY USE OF CAPITAL LETTERS. THEY DON'T LIKE WHAT I POST SO THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT THE USE OF CAPS AS THEIR DEFENSE.

Nope not a republidolt either.   Independent and completely unaffiliated.

Not biased about eyesight issues of any sort.

Could 'IT' be a Corb clone?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors