Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: This Country doesn't need three types of Presidents

Message 1 of 14

@KidBoy2 wrote:
ManicProgressive posted..

What does "helped" in quotes mean? You think Native American boarding schools were good?

=========================================================

That was sarcasm. Our government more or less made American Indians wards of the government and you know how that has worked out. So what does that mean ans how does it relate to the topic or anything that MP posted?

Did busing for school desegregation succeed?  No one suggested more "busing" did they?

On your other post you posted...."Saying whole groups "cannot be helped" or "do not want help" is blaming those who don't fare as well in all indicators of health, wealth, education, crimes, etc"  So then why don't you actually explain why  those groups cannot be helped? Can you be specific?

I did not say that I posted.. "There are many reasons for the WHY and our government can not help people that do not want help or like our American Indians that were "helped" by our government by sending them to government schools. But then no one mentioned "American Indians" did they? Who are the ones that "don't want" help? Have you asked mostly Black inner- city people if they would like for good schools and good jobs to be moved back into their communities? You don't think they would want that "help"?

What can our government due(sic) about the decline of the family? The single family household is a big reason for poverty in our country...President Obama was a big cheer leader for the family. Stagnant wages and the deluge of part time low wage jobs with no benefits have contributed much more to the "poverty in this country" than families with single parents have. President Obama has nothing to do with what is happening today, why do you keep bringing him up?

Our government can only do so much."  Well, they just gave over 1 1/2 Trillion in tax cuts to the wealthiest and the biggest Corporations, that money could have went a long way in other areas.

You are big on posting the differences that are facts. I know that. I do not see what our government can or should do to level things....do you? If so I would like to hear some spicific(sic) things. For one thing, they could reverse the tax cuts they gave the wealthiest and slow down the race to serfdom.

Democrats in 2020
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

@KidBoy2 wrote:

If you think people of color "don't want to be helped" at rates significantly greater than the white people who "don't want to be helped," then you are saying there is something intrinsically different between whites and people of color.

======================================================

Back to your race "thing".

I do not think that!!!!

This is what I posted..

There are many reasons for the WHY and our government can not help people that do not want help or like our American Indians that were "helped" by our government by sending them to government schools.

The facts show the Fed. Govt did not help but hurt the first people who came to this country with their so called boarding schools. This was another far right effort to wipe people off the face of the earth. Dicator Trump carries that on.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

What does "helped" in quotes mean? You think Native American boarding schools were good?

=========================================================

That was sarcasm. Our government more or less made American Indians wards of the government and you know how that has worked out.

Did busing for school desegregation succeed?

On your other post you posted...."Saying whole groups "cannot be helped" or "do not want help" is blaming those who don't fare as well in all indicators of health, wealth, education, crimes, etc"

I did not say that I posted.. "There are many reasons for the WHY and our government can not help people that do not want help or like our American Indians that were "helped" by our government by sending them to government schools.

What can our government due about the decline of the family? The single family household is a big reason for poverty in our country...President Obama was a big cheer leader for the family.

Our government can only do so much."

You are big on posting the differences that are facts. I know that. I do not see what our government can or should do to level things....do you? If so I would like to hear some spicific things.

I
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

@KidBoy2 wrote:

If you think people of color "don't want to be helped" at rates significantly greater than the white people who "don't want to be helped," then you are saying there is something intrinsically different between whites and people of color.

I do not think that!!!!

This is what I posted..

There are many reasons for the WHY and our government can not help people that do not want help or like our American Indians that were "helped" by our government by sending them to government schools.

If we are all on the same page here as far as data, that whites have higher success rates than other races/ethnicities, then your comments point to an inherent difference among races themselves. Saying whole groups "cannot be helped" or "do not want help" is blaming those who don't fare as well in all indicators of health, wealth, education, crimes, etc.

You can be ignorant of the data, and you can ignore the data, but the data does not change.  Whites are not somehow better than everyone else. Something else is going on...

788627BC-87A8-4148-BC0E-91F524CB1C08.jpeg

56AA21A1-7E01-4375-8829-399B17AD8B9A.jpeg

EDB2EA64-95FF-4148-BCD0-E579D09B84A6.jpeg

3C276F67-6E67-42A3-8A68-3E6E0E4E60AC.jpeg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

@KidBoy2 wrote:

I do not think that!!!!

This is what I posted..

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

I do not think that!!!!

This is what I posted..

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

@KidBoy2 wrote:
ManicProgressiv posted..

If you only look at people as Americans, you cannot address the unique needs of each group. And you thereby erase them (and their power), allowing all law, policy, and practice to continue to cater to white men with wealth and power.

========================================================

" allowing all law, policy, and practice to continue to cater to white men with wealth and power."

That again!

What can our government due about the decline of the family? The single family household is a big reason for poverty in our country...President Obama was a big cheer leader for the family.

Our government can only do so much.

If you think people of color "don't want to be helped" at rates significantly greater than the white people who "don't want to be helped," then you are saying there is something intrinsically different between whites and people of color. And that's the very definition of racism.  White people are not better than anyone else; there is no biological difference among us. Race is a social, political, and power construct. Not a biological one. The reasons for different rates of success in indicators such as employment, wealth, health, education, incarceration, etc, are extrinsic to human biology. They are caused by institutional racism. Change the environment, and you will see equity among all races and ethnicities. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

@KidBoy2 wrote:
ManicProgressiv posted..

If you only look at people as Americans, you cannot address the unique needs of each group. And you thereby erase them (and their power), allowing all law, policy, and practice to continue to cater to white men with wealth and power.

" allowing all law, policy, and practice to continue to cater to white men with wealth and power."

That again!

There are many reasons for the WHY and our government can not help people that do not want help Oh really?  You think that Black women wouldn't like help with the fact that they and their children have a much higher morality rate that those of other races in America? or like our American Indians that were "helped" by our government by sending them to government schools. Yes, the government could have done much better, but then the Republicans have had the majority in Congress overall for 22 of the last 26 years.

What can our government due(sic) about the decline of the family? The single family household "Decline of the family"?  A single parent household is a family Kidboy. is a big reason for poverty in our country...President Obama was a big cheer leader for the family. If wages wern't so low and if so many major corporations didn't work mostly part time employees with no benefits, it would raise the standard of living for single parent families. Child care like many other countries have would help immensely also. Obama was a advocate for those things too. So are some of the Democratic Presidential Candidates.

Our government can only do so much. You're right, the government is much more limited in what they can do today because the Reagan tax cuts and the trump tax cuts have taken many $Trillions$ of Dollars from the government since the 1980s.

Also Kidboy2, can you disprove what the data presented to you actually shows? Of course you can't - - Black women and Black children in America have a much higher mortality rate. Do you think that is justifiable and morally right? You think they don't deserve help?

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

@KidBoy2 wrote:
ManicProgressiv posted..

That again!

Our government can only do so much.

The American Indians were not helped by the govt. with the schools. Fact is they were hurt  by them.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

@ManicProgressive wrote:

It's like I can't look at my four kids just as kids. They all have different needs, some of which are much greater than others. We are intelligent enough creatures to understand that they are all my kids and I'm responsible for feeding, educating, keeping them healthy. As a group. But individually, one needed braces, another needed tutoring, another was a rock star athlete, and another has autism and still needs a gabillion supports and services. I'd be a negligent parent to erase their differences, and always and forever treat them all the same in every single situation.

It's the same on the macro level. For example, African Amercian women have outrageous maternal mortality rates, and black infants have skyrocking infant mortality rates. If we lumped all moms together regardless of race, we wouldn't see this problem and we'd never have a chance to correct it. 

C8551011-59B1-482C-8876-63633CFB8293.jpeg

You are so correct. As your data clearly shows, Black American mothers and babies have grossly higher rates of mortality than those of other races in America. No, we don't need "three types of presidents", we need one type of president, the type that understands the inequality that exists in America because of race.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.