Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Things Republicans Took

Message 1 of 7

@rk9152 wrote:

Well, fellas (generic) - what is the solution, "Rise workers you have nothing to lose but your shackles"? Although it would be more like, "Rise 47% of non-tax payers, those paying the bills are oppressing you".

I know to at least one poster the solution is a one Party system with a strong central government owning all the money and allocating it as it sees fit. However, there are a bunch of rich Dems in and out of government. I seriously think they would be in favor of the sort of wealth redistribution that some want. All they want to do is own the masses via dependency - I don't think that is such a great idea.

That doesn't seem to completely and believably square up with your enthusiastic support for trump's very obvious intent to establish a one party kleptocratic kakistocracy with trump as the Kleptocrat/Kakistocrat-in-Chief...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

Well, fellas (generic) - what is the solution, "Rise workers you have nothing to lose but your shackles"? Although it would be more like, "Rise 47% of non-tax payers, those paying the bills are oppressing you".

I know to at least one poster the solution is a one Party system with a strong central government owning all the money and allocating it as it sees fit. However, there are a bunch of rich Dems in and out of government. I seriously think they would be in favor of the sort of wealth redistribution that some want. All they want to do is own the masses via dependency - I don't think that is such a great idea.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

Time to reverse the flow of wealth and retake what was stolen.

I agree for all those reasons and more, particularly what the 1% does with that money after they steal it.

It should be clear to anyone watching this isn't just about how big your pile of money is, this is about power, the power of money and greed, and what can be done with that power.

The 1% is taking more then money, the people who founded America fled an aristocracy who imposed feudalism upon them, social, political, and economic inequality.

Now that aristocracy has come to America, and it to will use that great sea of wealth to impose social, political, and economic inequality in America.

Americans won't own their farms, they'll work on the farms the aristocracy own, they won't own their homes, they'll rent the homes the aristocracy own, they won't own their own business, they'll work in the businesses the aristocracy own, they won't own their own ships or boats, they'll work on the boats they used to own.

Consolidation of wealth and ownership.

The American people will be beholden to these aristocrats , they will defer to them, remove their hats, bow their heads, for those aristocrats  will hold the power of life or death over them, their food, water, shelter, the ability to receive medical care, not just for themselves, but for the people they love, their children, their parents.

We have seem this in other countries, we were taught about it in school,  we used to shake our heads and say how terrible it was for a few hundred families to own the wealth of a nation, we used to be appalled  at the methods used by those wealthy families to hold onto power and wealth, because the aristocrats know that wealth is power, and power can be turned into wealth.

Now it's happening here.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

@rker321wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

Over the past 40 years, Republicans have legislated the biggest wealth redistribution in human history, taking from the middle class and giving to the very top of the 1% not because it was right but because they could.

The Reagan taxscam transfered the cost of maintaining our Nation from the top 10% and shifted the burden to the middle three quintiles.

First, by eliminating deductions available to those in the 20 to 80% of income, Reagan's tax INCREASED the actual (effective) tax rate for the middle class from 9% to 13.4%, an increase of 49%. It wasn't until 1999 that the income tax revenues to the government returned to the 1980 levels, and during that time there was no money to maintain our infrastructure because Republicans at State and Local levels blocked all tax hikes.

What was raised was the fees parents paid to "rent" their kids school books and buy their supplies that had been free before the scam.

Since the ones dividing the profits from all businesses could no keep whatever raises the gave themselves, they gave all the increases to senior management and workers real income shrank back to 1964 levels.

By refusing to index SS cap to insure 90% of income was covered, Republicans put the SSTF on a path to insolvency so by 2040 benefits will be cut by 60%.

By changing the laws governing finance, Republicans allowed rapacious Wall Street to transfer trillions from the savings and investments of the middle 60% into the pockets of the top 0.1%.

By refusing to regulate healthcare, more trillions were moved from the pockets of the middle 80% into the pockets ofthe top 0.1% who own the Corporate health care providers.

There have been major changes in the world economy and the workplace starting further back than your standard "40 years" (aka the Reagan tax cuts).

Your "wealth redistribution" idea as well as your "the government owns all the money and gets to decide who gets what" thinking cannot possible bring back the unionized factories of the '50s.

Frankly, sometimes I wonder as to why Scout bothers to answer your posts. Well he forgot one that really affected me. and that was a penalty for anyone that was working for a government pension and they penalize me on my SS  for that issue. I guess they thought that I shouldn't have two pensions. Well, I did get my SS because I decided to work and pay into the system to try to recoup part of what I lost. 
NO one is trying to bring back the union of the 50's   but I guess that you don't understand low wages and redistribution of buy back stock that that been going on since this new tax plan.

He didn't, you did. If you read the names at the top you can get a handle on who is responding to who.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

@rk9152wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

Over the past 40 years, Republicans have legislated the biggest wealth redistribution in human history, taking from the middle class and giving to the very top of the 1% not because it was right but because they could.

The Reagan taxscam transfered the cost of maintaining our Nation from the top 10% and shifted the burden to the middle three quintiles.

First, by eliminating deductions available to those in the 20 to 80% of income, Reagan's tax INCREASED the actual (effective) tax rate for the middle class from 9% to 13.4%, an increase of 49%. It wasn't until 1999 that the income tax revenues to the government returned to the 1980 levels, and during that time there was no money to maintain our infrastructure because Republicans at State and Local levels blocked all tax hikes.

What was raised was the fees parents paid to "rent" their kids school books and buy their supplies that had been free before the scam.

Since the ones dividing the profits from all businesses could no keep whatever raises the gave themselves, they gave all the increases to senior management and workers real income shrank back to 1964 levels.

By refusing to index SS cap to insure 90% of income was covered, Republicans put the SSTF on a path to insolvency so by 2040 benefits will be cut by 60%.

By changing the laws governing finance, Republicans allowed rapacious Wall Street to transfer trillions from the savings and investments of the middle 60% into the pockets of the top 0.1%.

By refusing to regulate healthcare, more trillions were moved from the pockets of the middle 80% into the pockets ofthe top 0.1% who own the Corporate health care providers.

There have been major changes in the world economy and the workplace starting further back than your standard "40 years" (aka the Reagan tax cuts).

Your "wealth redistribution" idea as well as your "the government owns all the money and gets to decide who gets what" thinking cannot possible bring back the unionized factories of the '50s.

Frankly, sometimes I wonder as to why Scout bothers to answer your posts. Well he forgot one that really affected me. and that was a penalty for anyone that was working for a government pension and they penalize me on my SS  for that issue. I guess they thought that I shouldn't have two pensions. Well, I did get my SS because I decided to work and pay into the system to try to recoup part of what I lost. 
NO one is trying to bring back the union of the 50's   but I guess that you don't understand low wages and redistribution of buy back stock that that been going on since this new tax plan.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

@Olderscout66wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Things Republicans Took

Message 7 of 7

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors