Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: They die alone...

Message 1 of 7

I believe I made my point. It's an adaptation of David Lynch's quote. Here's another...

Creeps and idiots cannot conceal themselves for long on a fishing trip.
-John Gierach

Do you go fishing?

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
When you involve yourself in community either through Church or a civic organization these stories and others like them, are a daily occurrence.

The difference between care and caring, is similar to, fish and fishing.... one is a thing and the is doing some-thing. Willaim is right... about caring.

Less criticism and more praise

I think you are assuming that the word  fish is always a noun. It can be a noun or a verb.   Care can be a noun, a verb, or an adjective. I believe you need a different analogy. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

Fish or fishing... I get it

Stay positive we can beat this 'thing'.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

This isn't an issue of criticism or praise: it's an issue of action. Stay home. Simple as that. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7
When you involve yourself in community either through Church or a civic organization these stories and others like them, are a daily occurrence.

The difference between care and caring, is similar to, fish and fishing.... one is a thing and the is doing some-thing. Willaim is right... about caring.

Less criticism and more praise

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

Yes, it is tough to read, and to put yourself in their place. How many couples might go thru this very same thing. And what are the stories of all who are affected by this virus. 
I just brings to mind, is some of the suffering due to the ignorance, incompetence, lies, and attitude of our pseudo leader, who does not care about others. 
It's long past time to start caring about one another!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

They die alone...

Message 7 of 7

Don't read this if you aren't up for it. It's heartbreaking. The first death in Indiana. 

But whatever you do, stay home.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/03/28/voices-from-the-pandemic-indiana-man-recounts-partn...

She’s dead, and I’m quarantined. That’s how the story ends. I keep going back over it in loops, trying to find a way to sweeten it, but nothing changes the facts. I wasn’t there with her at the end. I didn’t get to say goodbye. I don’t even know where her body is right now, or if the only thing that’s left is her ashes.

From normal life to this hell in a week. That’s how long it took. How am I supposed to make any sense of that? It’s loops and more loops.

She transported cars for a rental company. That’s where all this must have come from. People fly in from somewhere for a meeting and fly out a few hours later. You’ve got germs from all over the world inside those cars. I didn’t like the fact that she was working so hard, 69 years old and still climbing in and out of Ford Fusions all day, driving from Indianapolis to St. Louis and back with bad knees, bad hips, diabetes, and all the rest of it. Sometimes, she hurt so much after work I had to help her out of the car. I guess I should have told her to quit, but nobody told Birdie anything. She liked to drive, and we needed the money.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors