Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: These Times Are Here

Message 21 of 66

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

President Trump's most ardent supporters are people of faith.

I disagree. Many people who practice religion are not "people of faith".

Only Thing Man Learns From History Is Man Learns Nothing From History
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 66
The name of this post is "These Times Are Here." Then, I posted some verses from the Bible. There was no mention of Trump, but as usual it seems some posters can't think or write about anything else, so they take it off topic. I wish some posters could expand their thinking beyond this. I laugh when I see a couple of posters who want to call others uneducated and then see that they only have a one track mind and it is stuck on Trump. I guess I will never see their superior genius because the needle won't move.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 66

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@oceanedge2 

President Trump's most ardent supporters are people of faith. His position in regard to the sanctity of life... and the protection of the most vulnerable = the  unborn, is important to us. If I need to explain further... it's just a waste of time. 

That's a fact

Yes it is fact that Trump most ardent supporters are people of faith even though Trump never spent much time in church or acting like a true  person of faith. The people of faith use Trump to try and achieve what they want, and their leaders have justified to the flock why they would use an immoral person that way. In the end Trump will do to them what he has done to everyone and everything he touches. Destroy them. What role does the virus play in all of this. Time will tell.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 24 of 66
@Roxanna35.........Since the group is called "Politics and Current Events," it seems to include more than Politics. If a post offends you, seems it would be wise to just scan on past it. I have seen others post here about Christians, and different religious beliefs, so I find it offensive for you to single me out.

I scan past most of your posts because I have difficulty determining what you are trying to say. I haven't come back to you to ask that you change the way you write.
I think it would be a nice thing for you to do the same for me. In other words, I won't reply to any of your posts and maybe you can do the same with mine.

If AARP finds verses from the Bible offensive, they can let me know directly.
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly

Message 25 of 66

@oceanedge2 

President Trump's most ardent supporters are people of faith. His position in regard to the sanctity of life... and the protection of the most vulnerable = the  unborn, is important to us. If I need to explain further... it's just a waste of time. 

That's a fact

Liberals are nuttier than squirrel poop
Highlighted

Message 26 of 66

@Roxanna35 wrote:
I also have no problem with a religion discussion in the proper venue but not mixed with politics.
The topic itself is religious and I'm not sure why as any reasoning has not yet been identified to my grey matter.

@Fishslayer777 

re you trying to censor me? control me? influence me? by denying God's place in the world? and part of a discussion?

About....what?

God's virus in the world has left the US president flummoxed - just a tad?  The control and influence powers of the virus, have ALWAYS been denied by No.1 Leader.  God (due to an election) is candidate rump's greatest enemy.  It's a pretty big fight.  donny's world has no place for God.  Everybody knows that.  Lots of people say so.

Jesus said; But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven.  That is as it should be.... just sayin'

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 66

@Loulit    I have no problem with religious discussions. I think any religion is as valid as any other religion. They're all the same to me so knock yourselves out. 

I also have no problem with a religion discussion in the proper venue but not mixed with politics.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted

Message 28 of 66

@Loulit 

Thank you. 

Liberals are nuttier than squirrel poop
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 29 of 66

I have no problem with religious discussions. I think any religion is as valid as any other religion. They're all the same to me so knock yourselves out. 

84 Days
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 30 of 66

@Fishslayer777 

re you trying to censor me? control me? influence me? by denying God's place in the world? and part of a discussion? 

New Living Translation
Jesus said; But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven.

... just sayin'

I do not have the power to censure anyone. but  there are Forums in which the discussion of religion is welcome and instructional. I am sure that any religions post will be welcome in that  Forum. 
We all are a diverse individuals with very different religions and many not even Christians, I am sure that they feel uncomfortable  with the continuous religioos posts.  Please understand that perhaps you are offending others that do not  have your same beliefs. Appreciate  posts become more comfortable for all.

no name
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards.

Solve your favorite crosswords on AARP Games to earn AARP Rewards points. Try your hand at the Daily Crossword, the Mini Crossword, and Let’s Crossword, the new member game you can play with family and friends. Play Now.

Top Authors