AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: There is no ALT-Left.

Message 11 of 25

To those attempting to shift blame--Show credible proof pertaining to your statement that the hate we saw was somehow the failt of those on the left showing support for diversity. The idiots with swastikas and tiki tourches were the fools you seem to be defending, you know, the ones spewing filth and hatred. What is your excuse for them?

I went to a vigil for Heather Hayer last night and watched as a young Jewish girl tried to speak about the hatred she saw from those you defend. She started to cry. I tried to comfort her and began sobbing. She ended up comforting me. Hundreds of people there--no fighting, no spews of hatred, nothing but pleas to love all those who are diverse--in whatever fashion.

There is no excuse for Nazi- like animals to do what we saw in Charlottesville on Friday, and to make excuses for their behavior,  or attempt to shift the blame makes anyone doing so just as heinous and disgusting as those who disgraced themselves, their families, this country, the men who once risked and/or gave their lives to fight against Nazi scum, and who were a part in the death of Heather Hayer just as bad as those hate filled animals in Virginia.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 25

Well this is interesting:  The donald supporters are admiting that they created a group mnemonic for themselves, because it was easier.    They are now sliding down the slope to prove my point.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

Alt-right is a manufactured term to lump groups together. As seen in these boards, it allows for the lumping of violent Nazis and Conservatives.

So, in the interest of fairness why not Alt-left to lump violent "kill the cops" people with Liberals?

Just one example of the self proclaimed Alt-Right:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/363665738645557604/

Can you give an example of a self proclaimed "Alt-Left"?  Of course you can't.

Google self proclaimed Alt-Right if you would ........... there is much information about it.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 25

Alt-right is a manufactured term to lump groups together. As seen in these boards, it allows for the lumping of violent Nazis and Conservatives.

So, in the interest of fairness why not Alt-left to lump violent "kill the cops" people with Liberals?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 25

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The Alt-left is seen on tv all the time.  They are the ones breaking windows, looting, starting fires, beating up people, and causing general mayhem.  Sometimes they use social media to advertise the next destructive deed that will follow. If the right applies for a legal permit to exercise their 1st Amendment Rights, the Alt-left will be there too (illegally) to start fights and generate chaos.

The term alt-right came about because skinhead, fascist, Nazi, etc. were too easy to spot as what they really were.  The far right needed a bit more legitimacy. Alt-left is a name made up by Donald Trump and Steve Bannon so they can pretend the organizations which stand up to their racist views are "just as bad".  Pure fiction. 

It is very naive to think that both sides don't have their "radical" element in them.  It just appears (to me) that the Alt-left (or radical left) is involved with much more violence and lawlessness.  I'm sure you disagree.

I don't care who named either.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 25

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The Alt-left is seen on tv all the time.  They are the ones breaking windows, looting, starting fires, beating up people, and causing general mayhem.  Sometimes they use social media to advertise the next destructive deed that will follow. If the right applies for a legal permit to exercise their 1st Amendment Rights, the Alt-left will be there too (illegally) to start fights and generate chaos.

The term alt-right came about because skinhead, fascist, Nazi, etc. were too easy to spot as what they really were.  The far right needed a bit more legitimacy. Alt-left is a name made up by Donald Trump and Steve Bannon so they can pretend the organizations which stand up to their racist views are "just as bad".  Pure fiction. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 25

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 25
afisher posted..

I would say, don't be stupid, but then the donald supporters seem intent on embracing the KKK, Neo-Nazi and White nationalists (various renditions) groups as somehow being good for the US.

=================================================

Its that type of thinking that is what is dividing our country as its not so.

Trump"s dislike for the media, and with good reasons and the media's dislike for Trump also for good reasons are dividing our country.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 25

@afisher wrote:

I would say, don't be stupid, but then the donald supporters seem intent on embracing the KKK, Neo-Nazi and White nationalists (various renditions) groups as somehow being good for the US.   They are demanding that regime change is great, as the US destroys democracy and replaces it with authoritarian theocracy.   

I am on the Right. I find it interesting that those people cannot point to the government of any country that exists today or has ever existed and say "that is the government we want".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 25

I was just harassed by this  "Alt Leftist" , who tried to hand me a " COEXIST " bumper sticker and said " Peace be with you brother " - THE NERVE !!! I bet she didn't even have a permit !!!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22