There is no ALT-Left.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: There is no ALT-Left.

Message 1 of 25

@Panjandrum wrote:

rk9152:  Alt-right is a manufactured term to lump groups together. As seen in these boards, it allows for the lumping of violent Nazis and Conservatives.

I'm going to let you in on a secret liberals have: we're hiding facts in plain sight on the internet (in books too), because we know conservatives will never find them there. If your pc has google, you can find them.

The name "alt right" was coined by white supremacist Richard Spencer because he wanted to put a more socially acceptable face on groups like the KKK, nazi followers, and other various hate groups.

There is no alt left except in the windmills of conservative minds.

1) Is Spencer not capable of manufacturing a term?

2) I thought it was obvious that I was referring to the current usage (on these boards for example).

3) If the lumping of "alt-right" is valid, by what logic would the lumping of "alt-left" not be equally valid?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 25

rk9152:  Alt-right is a manufactured term to lump groups together. As seen in these boards, it allows for the lumping of violent Nazis and Conservatives.

I'm going to let you in on a secret liberals have: we're hiding facts in plain sight on the internet (in books too), because we know conservatives will never find them there. If your pc has google, you can find them.

The name "alt right" was coined by white supremacist Richard Spencer because he wanted to put a more socially acceptable face on groups like the KKK, nazi followers, and other various hate groups.

There is no alt left except in the windmills of conservative minds.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 25

NOTHAPPENING:  The Alt-left is seen on tv all the time.  They are the ones breaking windows, looting, starting fires, beating up people, and causing general mayhem. 

You forgot killing people with cars. Oh wait........

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 25

Mlseker:  Trump would like to label PEOPLE THAT ARE AGAINST FASCIST HATE GROUPS AS TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS.

True. The thing that strikes me as odd is how the right likes to label the left as "fascist" (a very bad thing), then in the next breath denigrate the left for being anti fascist. Cognitive dissonance to that degree must hurt.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 25

afisher:    Much in the same vein, there is no Alt-Right.    The donald supportes,  KKK, White Nationalists (all versions) and Neo-Nazi groups landed on that term to use as a cover.    These hater's of America want to create a division, create another Civil War and the best way to attemtp that is to try and make 2 equivalent groups - aka the "alts'.   

Lol, I knew the moment I heard "alt left" that the right would climb on that bandwagon so fast they'd leave their shoes behind. They're always eager to latch on to anything that avoids taking responsibility, and trying to portray the enemies of white supremacists as equally guilty & violent is no different.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 25
pc posted..

Shift blaming--you not only see it, you are responsible for doing it. This is enabling the likes of KKK, White Nationalists, and their ilk, and it makes those who enable just ad guilty as those they enable.
SHAMEFUL

=================================================

"Shift blaming--you not only see it, you are responsible for doing it."

How did you get that from when I posted the fact.

Shifting blame...I do not see that ..I do see many that do not want to admit that the there were counter protesters there that were looking for a fight.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 25

Thanks CT-- I forgot to mention that at the vigil, there was also a very elderly woman who had lived in Germany during Hitler's reign of terror. She began to shake as she recalled seeing the SS and the Green Police with their Nazi symbols running past her home as a child. This is not okay--no amount of trying to shift blame makes it ok. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

There is no ALT-Left.

Message 8 of 25

Thank you PC. Our resident Trump supporters try to classify those who stood up to the Nazis as trouble makers. But you never hear them criticize their beloved White Supremacists and Nazis.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 25

Shift blaming--you not only see it, you are responsible for doing it. This is enabling the likes of KKK, White Nationalists, and their ilk, and it makes those who enable just ad guilty as those they enable.

SHAMEFUL

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 25
pc posted..

To those attempting to shift blame--Show credible proof pertaining to your statement that the hate we saw was somehow the failt of those on the left showing support for diversity.

===================================================
Shifting blame...I do not see that ..I do see many that do not want to admit that the there were counter protesters there that were looking for a fight.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors