Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Then and Now

Message 1 of 6

@PaintItBlack wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

When he said that, neither he nor any other sentient human could imagine the cruel horrors that were yet to come from the administration of an inhuman president. 

I for one never dreamed that Americans could actively support putting infants and children in jail. Though, sadly, perhaps I should have, after all those years of "water boarding is not torture, and if it is, they deserve it" we got from the GOP during the Bush years.

What soosie so clearly ignores is the fact that DACA immigrants were children, many even infants, when they were brought here to the US.  Since being brought here, most have become educated in US schools, many have become college educated as well, and most have jobs and are paying taxes and contributing to society; much more in fact than those whining about their "status".

Poll: Nearly 9 in 10 want DACA recipients to stay in US

Of course there is that 10%.....and trump supporters are glad to fill that roll.

And of course there are those posters who continually show their ignorance by not knowing the difference between an apple and a banana.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

@Soosie wrote:

When he said that, neither he nor any other sentient human could imagine the cruel horrors that were yet to come from the administration of an inhuman president. 

I for one never dreamed that Americans could actively support putting infants and children in jail. Though, sadly, perhaps I should have, after all those years of "water boarding is not torture, and if it is, they deserve it" we got from the GOP during the Bush years.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I fail to see how this legitimizes trump's siding with Putin over our own intelligence agencies ............. and then trying to lie about what he did and said.  Care to explain?

What you say has merit, but the cartoonian was about illegal aliens.  The instances were 'false equivalency' once more, but what the hey.  Apples and Oranges.  Such talent wasn't so visible from this contributor until lately.  Could be a new connection to the home office just became operational.

But you did wander 'off topic'.  Just thought you'd like to hear it from a friendly source before the other ones kicked in. 

I hear Russia now has a gas pipeline to Germany. Looks to me like they have a different kind going here.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

I fail to see how this legitimizes trump's siding with Putin over our own intelligence agencies ............. and then trying to lie about what he did and said.  Care to explain?

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6
Seems there are others who change what they said.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Then and Now

Message 6 of 6

Then and Now.jpg

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors