Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The wall -- political and literal

Message 1 of 37

20190101_164037.jpg

Source - micks Sense of humor

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 37

Forget the wall, man! Since the government is partially shut down, whose job is it to rake the forests!?!

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 37

@Olderscout66 wrote:

lil donny wants his wall and will not pay 800,000 Americans until he gets it.

His lofo base cheer and claim not one of those 800,000 will suffer from not having a paycheck for however long it takes Dems to become as craven as he is and waste $5Billion every year on the Gross Wall of Trump.

The House Dems will pass legislation the Senate already passed to get almost all those people back work and to being paid for the work they've been forced to do WITHOUT pay, AND pass a CRA for Homeland Security that has no wall funding.

Then Yertle McConnell can decide if he's going to lead 52 GOPers in the Senate or do what lil donny demands.

No lofos, no $5B every year, no Gross Wall, no Yertle - simply a need to decide on our border security needs - wall, fence, spiked thing.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 37

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Was probably more of a reference to Russia than Germany. Trump was the RUSSIAN backed candidate, not the German backed candidate. 

Does that mean you are opposed to E-Verify?

God no. I am opposed to the incredible shown by the Trump administration in managing the most simple tasks. We have dead children in U.S. custody. We have thousands of refugees waiting for simple administrative decisions, we have the U.S. military playing volleyball instead of defending the nation.  Based on the level of Trump incompetence so far, I would say the odds on him managing the night shift at a Taco Bell are bad, much less a government. 

I still at a loss to understand you reference to Germany and Russia.

Asylum is not a "simple administrative decision". One can argue for or against the bureaucratic situation that exists but one cannot lay that at the doorstep of President Trump.

Vollyball is a nonsensical comment. Each of the troops do not stand guard 24/7. And Taco Bell is just an effort to insult. 

Now, your thoughts on the E-Verify program being used to satisfy the needs for foreign workers?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 37

lil donny wants his wall and will not pay 800,000 Americans until he gets it.

His lofo base cheer and claim not one of those 800,000 will suffer from not having a paycheck for however long it takes Dems to become as craven as he is and waste $5Billion every year on the Gross Wall of Trump.

The House Dems will pass legislation the Senate already passed to get almost all those people back work and to being paid for the work they've been forced to do WITHOUT pay, AND pass a CRA for Homeland Security that has no wall funding.

Then Yertle McConnell can decide if he's going to lead 52 GOPers in the Senate or do what lil donny demands.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 37

@alotofgrey

The problem is that it is a Federal law without any teeth.  

The Federal law says that an employer can only be held responsible for hiring an undocumented worker when the employer knowingly does so.  

E-verify is a system developed by the Feds to make sure that employers KNOW who they are hiring.  But it is a voluntary system for the employers to use UNLESS the state in which they do business mandates them to check all their employees - the ones they currently have and any new hires.

President Trump and others before him have tried to enforce it only to be stopped by states that do not want their employers to check their employees in the system.  Theses states will not allow ICE agents into businesses unless they have a warrant - and judges don't grant warrants unless there is proof of wrongdoing.  That's the problem - NO proof for the Feds to act.

Washington Examiner 12/28/2018 - Trump Urged To Nationalize 'E-Verify'

Would this work????  I doubt it because the state's that don't want to do it will not go along and will file a lawsuit and probably continue to follow it until some legal conclusion is reached - maybe at the SCOTUS.

Some laws in this country are just full of loopholes - Sure, Congress could fix it IF enough of them agreed to fix it - but regardless of party affiliation - there is not enough of them in agreement to fix this law in the HOUSE.

Politics as usual.  I have given you the problem now - What do you think should be done ?  There is nothing about our system of government that is simple.  Laws are challenged and it is up to either Congress or the Courts to fix them.  It takes a very long time for this method to work, if it works.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 37

@GailL1 wrote:

@alotofgrey wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

@alotofgrey wrote:

It is a federal crime to employ a foreigner that does not have a work permit.

But it is not the Federal government's place to enforce it at the state level - the state's have to enforce it.

Oh please! That is such a pile. No state, county, or city organization enforces any of our federal laws  As you well know, our federal government enforces them.

Gail,

I said "It is a federal crime to employ a foreigner that does not have a work permit."

As you well know, it is illegal for our states, counties, cities, and municipalities to enforce, not just that law, but any federal law.

We have an illegal immigrant problem (14 million). We have it because our federal government (Trump and the DOJ) refuses to ENFORCE that law. Why?

Note: I am on the Right in Texas. So please do not give me some weasel mouth bs that the Left has something to do with this.

Our Republican President, Senate, House, and party has had 2 years to  end our illegal immigrant problem by simply enforcing that law (going after the CRIMINALS responsible for it). Yet none of them has done that. Why?

We have had this same problem since the law was passed - 

Here is the law

U.S. code 1324a - Unlawful employment of aliens

See what I mean.

@GailL1 wrote:

@alotofgrey wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

@alotofgrey wrote: As long as they can work, they can stay. No work, they leave and none come.

But it is not the Federal government's place to enforce it at the state level - the state's have to enforce it.

Gail,

I said "It is a federal crime to employ a foreigner that does not have a work permit."

Here is the law

See what I mean.?

No, federal law trumps any state, county, and city law. You know that , so why the weasel mouth about 1324a?

Why are you apposed to enfocing and adjusting 1324a so it eliminates our illegal immigrant problem?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 37

Very simple answer. Have a federal law on the subject so that all states will use the same national data base the same way. Keep in mind Trump in his business has violated E verify for as long as it has been around in every state they are located. Just a short time ago we heard from a person the NJ  club helped violate the law and they hired her.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 37

@alotofgrey wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

@alotofgrey wrote:

It is a federal crime to employ a foreigner that does not have a work permit.

Trump could have the DOJ enforce that law which would end our 14 million illegal immigrant problem and massively improve our border security problem.

5 billion on a border wall will do nothing to either problem. So why do so many want it?

Note. All countries have that law. We have the only government that does not enforce it. That is why we are the only country with and illegal immigrant problem. As long as they can work, they can stay. No work, they leave and none come.

Gail,

As you well know, it is illegal for our states, counties, cities, and municipalities to enforce,  not just that law, but any federal law.

We have an illegal immigrant problem (14 million). We have it because our federal government (Trump and the DOJ) refuses to ENFORCE that law. Why?

Note: I am on the Right in Texas. So please do not give me some weasel mouth bs that the Left has something to do with this.

Our Republican President, Senate, House, and party has had 2 years to  end our illegal immigrant problem by simply enforcing that law (going after the CRIMINALS responsible for it). Yet none of them has done that. Why?

Here is the law

Go down to where it has a heading of

(ii) Rebuttal of presumption
The presumption established by clause (i) may be rebutted by the employer only through the presentation of clear and convincing evidence that the employer did not know (and could not reasonably have known) that the individual at the time of hiring or afterward was an alien not authorized to work in the United States.

Notice that it says that the employer has to KNOWINGLY hire them - since we have so many documents that can be faked, and much of the rest of this process is done by affirmation, the employer has a big out - they did not know.

Thus as more of a fool-proof method of checking authorization to work, the law and technology of E-Verify came into being in 2010.  The Feds run it on a voluntary basis but the states have to legislate who must use it or not.  Without forcing ALL employers to use E-Verify, the law is useless because of 

1.  Document forgery

2.  ALL employers should mean ALL employers - no matter how big or small.

States must make their employers use the E-verify system - the Feds only require that Federal Contractors MUST use E-Verify.

Some states ONLY require that state contractors use it.

Some states have mandated its use at least on most employers - like my state.

Some states like California even prohibited the use of E-Verify in the beginning

E-Verify.gov - About E-Verify

Here is a site that gives a pretty current status of states and the E-Verify system.  The map gives details in one view.

NCSL - State E-Verify Action

I started another thread on E-Verify - move info there

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/Federal-E-Verify-Law-Would-Mean-Major-Changes-...

Yes, President Trump is trying to get tough but his authority and what the DOJ can do is limited without more Federal mandate laws.

Here is the new 2018 law in California:  https://www.millerlawgroup.com/alerts/new-california-workplace-laws-for-2018-and-how-to-get-ready

Immigration Enforcement

In response to anticipated immigration-related actions by the Trump Administration, California has enacted strict new measures related to workplace immigration enforcement.

A.B. 450 will bar public and private employers, and anyone acting on their behalf, from voluntarily consenting to allow an immigration enforcement agent to enter nonpublic areas of a workplace, except if the agent provides a judicial warrant or as otherwise required by federal law. Employers can take an immigration agent to a nonpublic area in order to verify whether the agent has a judicial warrant, so long as no employees are present in the area and no consent to search nonpublic areas is given in the process.

The new law also prohibits employers and anyone acting on their behalf from providing voluntary consent to an immigration enforcement agent to access, review, or obtain employee records without a subpoena or judicial warrant. This provision does not prohibit an employer from challenging a subpoena or judicial warrant in a federal court, nor does it apply to inspection of I-9 records or other documents for which the employer has received a Notice of Inspection.

So Trump moves one way and some of the state's move another trying to restrict the actions of the Feds - 

See what I mean.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 37

@rk9152 wrote:

Was probably more of a reference to Russia than Germany. Trump was the RUSSIAN backed candidate, not the German backed candidate. 

Does that mean you are opposed to E-Verify?

God no. I am opposed to the incredible shown by the Trump administration in managing the most simple tasks. We have dead children in U.S. custody. We have thousands of refugees waiting for simple administrative decisions, we have the U.S. military playing volleyball instead of defending the nation.  Based on the level of Trump incompetence so far, I would say the odds on him managing the night shift at a Taco Bell are bad, much less a government. 

Kudos
Views