Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The truth is coming: Comey's book being released this week

Message 1 of 4

My copy was placed on special order several weeks ago.    Some, possibly those who may be the ones who should read it will rely on their political spinmeisters to tell them what to post.     

Fox / Hannity will cut/paste to pretend that it is presenting accurate statements, which some here will repost with enthusiasm.     

Even today, one of my favorite aggregators spun a story from a RW fake news site, so every adult needs to "consider the source" and perform some due diligence before posting here....the alt-right ignoble donald supporters have decided their work-around was to just never provide a link - which is entirely too easy to spot - but that is all they have 'misinformation" and supposition about nonsense.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4
After we start hearing about some of the contents of this book, I expect to hear that Trump blows up often!!! It should be interesting to say the least to see what his responses are.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

@Richvawrote:

I think the administration's "snowflake defense", that everyone is picking on the president, is wearing a little thin.  

Former FBI director James Comey is about to return to the national spotlight with the release of his memoir next week — but the White House is doing little to prepare for the onslaught, according to two officials.

These officials said it’s understood within the West Wing that laying out an advance media strategy is largely a futile exercise since President Donald Trump could blow up any prepared talking points with a single tweet.

Experienced Washington hands say taking a reactive position, rather than preparing to go on offense, is a risky move given the anticipation surrounding Comey’s book.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/09/comey-book-trump-white-house-508621

Somewhere back there in the postings....the one about who lied, Comey or McCabe.   The topic title raised an issue of truthfulness.  The patently obvious intent was to discredit one or preferably both by implication, not proof.  Given the tendency of the target audience to swallow that piece of flannel with no need of an actual hook, I figured it best to simply wait and let the precise facts emerge from the smoke-screen.  Pointless to argue about what you only think you know.  Still.....there is the "made ya look, made ya look, you dirty crook!!!"...tag line that accompanies all this garbage. Need I point out that's a distraction from the real point.

To use a tattered and worn phrase from the workbook used by 'the donald's' sychopants...."nothing has been proven and no crime has been committed."  

I was never sure whether there really was a specific instance at issue, whether it was the usual inane rhetoric floated to grab an unwary by-stander or whether or not there was a real misunderstanding of fact going on.  I'm still not.  Perhaps Comey's book will shed some light on both the issues and who was involved.....or not....and perhaps McCabe will be forced to respond in kind....or not.  

Or, perhaps, someone who really does know what they are talking about will step down from that seat on high and deign to enlighten me.  Possible, I suppose.

Needless to say, the show ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

The truth is coming: Comey's book being released this week

Message 4 of 4

I think the administration's "snowflake defense", that everyone is picking on the president, is wearing a little thin.  

Former FBI director James Comey is about to return to the national spotlight with the release of his memoir next week — but the White House is doing little to prepare for the onslaught, according to two officials.

These officials said it’s understood within the West Wing that laying out an advance media strategy is largely a futile exercise since President Donald Trump could blow up any prepared talking points with a single tweet.

Experienced Washington hands say taking a reactive position, rather than preparing to go on offense, is a risky move given the anticipation surrounding Comey’s book.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/09/comey-book-trump-white-house-508621

Kudos
Views
Replies