Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The social shaming of racists is working

Message 11 of 19

rk9152: 

Pathetic. I can't see how anyone can live day to day with all that hatred - possibly even hatred of their own skin.

Personally, I don't know anyone with that problem, but I've met plenty with hatred for other people's skin.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 19

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

How typical - someone finds a far left mag publishing just one more article on the wonders of white guilt and someone else sees that as a proof that all Republicans are racists.

Pathetic. I can't see how anyone can live day to day with all that hatred - possibly even hatred of their own skin.

The only poster that thinks that Hatred has reached epidemic proportion I am afraid is yourself. not the rest of the population One of these days you will find out that people don't waste their time is hating others. they live their life and have things to do and perhaps have opinions. but hatred. I am afraid that is only in your mind.

Well, I have posted my reasons for saying that including all of the mobs in the street that the left puts out there, the harassing of people in public for their job or wearing a MAGA cap, and the comments of some of our posters - calling anyone they disagree with "Nazis" for example.

I'd be interested in your thinking as to where I am wrong.

Not exactly, stupidity has always  been present where politics  are concerned
Unfortunately the division in this country has reached gigantic proportions and perhaps that is the reaction that you see. But I can assure your that if you really look you  will see that is only one sector of the population like Olderscout that the only thing that they know how to do is attack.
Instead of doing something positive that will actually produce results, they waste their time some  not all of them in doing perhaps what you are posting. But for sure, the majority of the population don't hate Trump, they don't like him they think is a moron like Tillerson said, he is incompetent. like we all have seen. he has no idea of on how to deal with foreign policy, and he had the arrogance to think that Nk  was going to bend at his will.
That is not being a Nazi  that is being quite stupid.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 19

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

How typical - someone finds a far left mag publishing just one more article on the wonders of white guilt and someone else sees that as a proof that all Republicans are racists.

The only poster that thinks that Hatred has reached epidemic proportion I am afraid is yourself. not the rest of the population One of these days you will find out that people don't waste their time is hating others. they live their life and have things to do and perhaps have opinions. but hatred. I am afraid that is only in your mind.

Well, I have posted my reasons for saying that including all of the mobs in the street that the left puts out there, the harassing of people in public for their job or wearing a MAGA cap, and the comments of some of our posters - calling anyone they disagree with "Nazis" for example.

I'd be interested in your thinking as to where I am wrong.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 19

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 19

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Speak up.

https://www.thenation.com/article/the-social-shaming-of-racists-is-working/

Excellent idea. But since the new mantra for the GOP is "Hate the sin, Elect the sinner" you have to carry the shaming into the voting booth and make sure you let the bigoted racists know you are not going to tolerate their behavior OR the behavior of the elected officials who support them.

VOTE OUT THE NRAGOP IN NOVEMBER.

Olderscout,, I guess you have the Evangelists confused with the rest of the population.
Remember  they have flexible morals. but no all Republicans are alike, to please again do not generalize. Because we are not alike we  do think. if the Congress people are the kind of Americans that don't , they let's vote those Americans out. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 19

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 19

We can't ignore the truth that for a significant number of these folk, racism is nothing to be ashamed of.  To the contrary, it is a badge of honor differentiating them from the riff-raff...a thing to be proud of. Now...that's just the overt racism.  The them and us kind.  So then lets see what happens with covert racism...the 'it ain't me, it's you' kind.  The ones who think overt racism is acceptable provided the results are 'good' ones.  I think you know how 'good' will be defined, if you ask.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 19

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Speak up.

https://www.thenation.com/article/the-social-shaming-of-racists-is-working/

Excellent idea. But since the new mantra for the GOP is "Hate the sin, Elect the sinner" you have to carry the shaming into the voting booth and make sure you let the bigoted racists know you are not going to tolerate their behavior OR the behavior of the elected officials who support them.

VOTE OUT THE NRAGOP IN NOVEMBER.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

The social shaming of racists is working

Message 19 of 19
Kudos