Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
129
Views

Re: The politicalization of white evangelical Christianity is hurting it.

129 Views
Message 1 of 27

Is there a law of diminishing returns for religion? The more that you wear your religion on your sleeve and admonish others for your claim of the lack of their beliefs, are you perhaps more insecure in your beliefs than those that you are admonishing?

The far right evangelicals and trump conservatives preach purity, but worship and follow a false prophet...trump!

 

Never Forget 

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
129
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
140
Views

Re: The politicalization of white evangelical Christianity is hurting it.

140 Views
Message 2 of 27

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Thomas Jefferson on Religion & Seperation of Church & State

 

1. “I inquire after no man’s, and trouble none with mine…”     -Thomas Jefferson to Miles King (1814)

 

2. In a letter Jefferson wrote to his nephew Peter Carr in 1787, he even said “Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because, if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.” 

 

3. Jefferson's campaign to end state support of religion fueled doubts about his personal religious beliefs. These doubts, which had swirled around him for years, emerged as a critical issue in the bitter presidential campaign of 1800. His Federalist opponents vilified him as an atheist and libertine. Jefferson fumed at the harassment coming from what he referred to as an "irritable tribe of priests" and even compared his persecution at the hands of the New England clergy to the crucifixion of Christ.

 

4. Jefferson set his prodigious intellect and energy on the historical figure at the center of the Christian faith: Jesus of Nazareth. Jefferson became convinced that Jesus' message had been obscured and corrupted by the apostle Paul, the Gospel writers and Protestant reformers. While president, Jefferson took a razor to the Bible, cutting out portions of the Gospels that involved miracles and retaining his parables and ethical teachings. The resulting volume, The Philosophy of Jesus of Nazareth, affirmed his conviction that Jesus was not divine, but "a Teacher of Common Sense," primarily concerned with morality and ethical conduct.

 

Source - http://www.pbs.org/godinamerica/people/thomas-jefferson.html

 

 

What has the personal religious beliefs of Jefferson to do with the topic? I saw nothing in your quotes that was racially specific.



Where in the topic title is racial bias or racism mentioned?   Nowhere!

You're going off topic! - again!


white evangelical Christianity - "white" is a race. Now, how about Jefferson (he said nothing about race) - off topic! - again?


Since Thomas Jefferson said nothing about race - why did "rk" mention it?

 

There's never been any question that white evangelicals are making use of their misinterpretations of scripture to justify their blatantly obvious racial bias and bigotry...

 

Of course, the whole world recognizes that - white evangelicals - trump - and republicans - ALL lie about their racism and use psychological projection to falsely accuse the left of racism... 

 

Kinda twisted and perverted, isn't it?

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
140
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
149
Views

Re: The politicalization of white evangelical Christianity is hurting it.

149 Views
Message 3 of 27

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:
Spoiler
 

prri found a six-percentage-point drop in the share of the population that identify as white evangelicals

 

It could be because they do not think of themselves in racial terms - that is the game of the left.

 

 


 


Did you read the article? It’s not about race. 


"White Evangelical Christianity" is not "racial"?


Asking again. Did you read the article? 


Answering again - yes.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
149
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
157
Views

Re: The politicalization of white evangelical Christianity is hurting it.

157 Views
Message 4 of 27

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:
Spoiler
 

prri found a six-percentage-point drop in the share of the population that identify as white evangelicals

 

It could be because they do not think of themselves in racial terms - that is the game of the left.

 

 


 


Did you read the article? It’s not about race. 



@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:
Spoiler
 

prri found a six-percentage-point drop in the share of the population that identify as white evangelicals

 

It could be because they do not think of themselves in racial terms - that is the game of the left.



Did you read the article? It’s not about race. 


Some are beholden to the idea that race, or color, equates to "racial terms".


True. Some realize that when one refers to people as "white" they do see a racial thought involved.


Yeah, "some" sure do.  "Some" also voted for trump.....

 

Yeah, and some had pizza for dinner last night. Your point......????

 

RESEARCH FINDS THAT RACISM, SEXISM, AND STATUS FEARS DROVE TRUMP VOTERS

 

Of course it does - you can find "research" to rationalize anything.

 

Not "valid" research....True.........



 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
157
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
160
Views

Re: The politicalization of white evangelical Christianity is hurting it.

160 Views
Message 5 of 27

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Thomas Jefferson on Religion & Seperation of Church & State

 

1. “I inquire after no man’s, and trouble none with mine…”     -Thomas Jefferson to Miles King (1814)

 

2. In a letter Jefferson wrote to his nephew Peter Carr in 1787, he even said “Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because, if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.” 

 

3. Jefferson's campaign to end state support of religion fueled doubts about his personal religious beliefs. These doubts, which had swirled around him for years, emerged as a critical issue in the bitter presidential campaign of 1800. His Federalist opponents vilified him as an atheist and libertine. Jefferson fumed at the harassment coming from what he referred to as an "irritable tribe of priests" and even compared his persecution at the hands of the New England clergy to the crucifixion of Christ.

 

4. Jefferson set his prodigious intellect and energy on the historical figure at the center of the Christian faith: Jesus of Nazareth. Jefferson became convinced that Jesus' message had been obscured and corrupted by the apostle Paul, the Gospel writers and Protestant reformers. While president, Jefferson took a razor to the Bible, cutting out portions of the Gospels that involved miracles and retaining his parables and ethical teachings. The resulting volume, The Philosophy of Jesus of Nazareth, affirmed his conviction that Jesus was not divine, but "a Teacher of Common Sense," primarily concerned with morality and ethical conduct.

 

Source - http://www.pbs.org/godinamerica/people/thomas-jefferson.html

 

 

What has the personal religious beliefs of Jefferson to do with the topic? I saw nothing in your quotes that was racially specific.



Where in the topic title is racial bias or racism mentioned?   Nowhere!

You're going off topic! - again!


white evangelical Christianity - "white" is a race. Now, how about Jefferson (he said nothing about race) - off topic! - again?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
160
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
180
Views

Re: The politicalization of white evangelical Christianity is hurting it.

180 Views
Message 6 of 27

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:
Spoiler
 

prri found a six-percentage-point drop in the share of the population that identify as white evangelicals

 

It could be because they do not think of themselves in racial terms - that is the game of the left.

 

 


 


Did you read the article? It’s not about race. 


"White Evangelical Christianity" is not "racial"?


Asking again. Did you read the article? 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
180
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
186
Views

Re: The politicalization of white evangelical Christianity is hurting it.

186 Views
Message 7 of 27

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:
Spoiler
 

prri found a six-percentage-point drop in the share of the population that identify as white evangelicals

 

It could be because they do not think of themselves in racial terms - that is the game of the left.

 

 


 


Did you read the article? It’s not about race. 



@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:
Spoiler
 

prri found a six-percentage-point drop in the share of the population that identify as white evangelicals

 

It could be because they do not think of themselves in racial terms - that is the game of the left.



Did you read the article? It’s not about race. 


Some are beholden to the idea that race, or color, equates to "racial terms".


True. Some realize that when one refers to people as "white" they do see a racial thought involved.


Yeah, "some" sure do.  "Some" also voted for trump.....

 

Yeah, and some had pizza for dinner last night. Your point......????

 

RESEARCH FINDS THAT RACISM, SEXISM, AND STATUS FEARS DROVE TRUMP VOTERS

 

Of course it does - you can find "research" to rationalize anything.

 

Not "valid" research....



"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
186
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
189
Views

Re: The politicalization of white evangelical Christianity is hurting it.

189 Views
Message 8 of 27

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Thomas Jefferson on Religion & Seperation of Church & State

 

1. “I inquire after no man’s, and trouble none with mine…”     -Thomas Jefferson to Miles King (1814)

 

2. In a letter Jefferson wrote to his nephew Peter Carr in 1787, he even said “Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because, if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.” 

 

3. Jefferson's campaign to end state support of religion fueled doubts about his personal religious beliefs. These doubts, which had swirled around him for years, emerged as a critical issue in the bitter presidential campaign of 1800. His Federalist opponents vilified him as an atheist and libertine. Jefferson fumed at the harassment coming from what he referred to as an "irritable tribe of priests" and even compared his persecution at the hands of the New England clergy to the crucifixion of Christ.

 

4. Jefferson set his prodigious intellect and energy on the historical figure at the center of the Christian faith: Jesus of Nazareth. Jefferson became convinced that Jesus' message had been obscured and corrupted by the apostle Paul, the Gospel writers and Protestant reformers. While president, Jefferson took a razor to the Bible, cutting out portions of the Gospels that involved miracles and retaining his parables and ethical teachings. The resulting volume, The Philosophy of Jesus of Nazareth, affirmed his conviction that Jesus was not divine, but "a Teacher of Common Sense," primarily concerned with morality and ethical conduct.

 

Source - http://www.pbs.org/godinamerica/people/thomas-jefferson.html

 

 

What has the personal religious beliefs of Jefferson to do with the topic? I saw nothing in your quotes that was racially specific.



Where in the topic title is racial bias or racism mentioned?   Nowhere!

You're going off topic! - again!

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
189
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
193
Views

Re: The politicalization of white evangelical Christianity is hurting it.

193 Views
Message 9 of 27

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:
Spoiler
 

prri found a six-percentage-point drop in the share of the population that identify as white evangelicals

 

It could be because they do not think of themselves in racial terms - that is the game of the left.

 

 


 


Did you read the article? It’s not about race. 



@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:
Spoiler
 

prri found a six-percentage-point drop in the share of the population that identify as white evangelicals

 

It could be because they do not think of themselves in racial terms - that is the game of the left.



Did you read the article? It’s not about race. 


Some are beholden to the idea that race, or color, equates to "racial terms".


True. Some realize that when one refers to people as "white" they do see a racial thought involved.


Yeah, "some" sure do.  "Some" also voted for trump.....

 

Yeah, and some had pizza for dinner last night. Your point......????

 

RESEARCH FINDS THAT RACISM, SEXISM, AND STATUS FEARS DROVE TRUMP VOTERS

 

Of course it does - you can find "research" to rationalize anything.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
193
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
197
Views

Re: The politicalization of white evangelical Christianity is hurting it.

197 Views
Message 10 of 27

@mickstuder wrote:

Thomas Jefferson on Religion & Seperation of Church & State

 

1. “I inquire after no man’s, and trouble none with mine…”     -Thomas Jefferson to Miles King (1814)

 

2. In a letter Jefferson wrote to his nephew Peter Carr in 1787, he even said “Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because, if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.” 

 

3. Jefferson's campaign to end state support of religion fueled doubts about his personal religious beliefs. These doubts, which had swirled around him for years, emerged as a critical issue in the bitter presidential campaign of 1800. His Federalist opponents vilified him as an atheist and libertine. Jefferson fumed at the harassment coming from what he referred to as an "irritable tribe of priests" and even compared his persecution at the hands of the New England clergy to the crucifixion of Christ.

 

4. Jefferson set his prodigious intellect and energy on the historical figure at the center of the Christian faith: Jesus of Nazareth. Jefferson became convinced that Jesus' message had been obscured and corrupted by the apostle Paul, the Gospel writers and Protestant reformers. While president, Jefferson took a razor to the Bible, cutting out portions of the Gospels that involved miracles and retaining his parables and ethical teachings. The resulting volume, The Philosophy of Jesus of Nazareth, affirmed his conviction that Jesus was not divine, but "a Teacher of Common Sense," primarily concerned with morality and ethical conduct.

 

Source - http://www.pbs.org/godinamerica/people/thomas-jefferson.html

 

 

What has the personal religious beliefs of Jefferson to do with the topic? I saw nothing in your quotes that was racially specific.


Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
197
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors