Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The one thing we can do to address gun violence

Message 21 of 86

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

Our country's process of governing provides the ability to bring about change, which is ongoing in America. If you don't like that then move to another country where the ability to bring about change doesn't exist !!!  If you don't like that answer, tough !!!!!

I like that answer, in fact you and the other liberals are undergoing that change right now with Trump as President. If you don't like that answer, move to where the change is in your direction.

Our country's method of governing provides the methods for trump to be removed from office by an elections process or other means, it allows for many more Democrats to be put into the Congress this fall. If you don't like that, then move to where that can't happen.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 86

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

BAN ASSAULT TYPE WEAPONS !!!!

Exactly what is YOUR definition of an assault weapon?

I said assault TYPE weapons, use your imagination, it's what you do best. I specifically stated what I support in another posting. Read it.

What is your definition of assault "TYPE" weapons? Using my imagination draws me to one conclusion (and I'm sure it's wrong) - that you want ALL guns banned.

Jumping to an extreme assumption is a trait of an extremist. I posted what I thought should be banned and controls I would support, it's nothing near to your extremist's assumption. Stop using your extremist's imagination and read.

Assuming you can get clarity from a liberal is an impossible task.

Actually I am more centrist than liberal and I posted very clearly the gun regulations I would support. Assuming you an get anything but extreme answers from an extremist is an erroneous assumption.

Those left of the left are NOT centrist!

Those considered "left of left" by right wing extremists are actually centrists!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 86

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

I said assault TYPE weapons, use your imagination, it's what you do best. I specifically stated what I support in another posting. Read it.

What is your definition of assault "TYPE" weapons? Using my imagination draws me to one conclusion (and I'm sure it's wrong) - that you want ALL guns banned.

Jumping to an extreme assumption is a trait of an extremist. I posted what I thought should be banned and controls I would support, it's nothing near to your extremist's assumption. Stop using your extremist's imagination and read.

Actually I am more centrist than liberal and I posted very clearly the gun regulations I would support. Assuming you an get anything but extreme answers from an extremist is an erroneous assumption.

More extremist assumptions.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 86

@ChasKy53wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@oceanedge2wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

I'm sure there are several things that can be accomplished..... Again, anything would be better.  So many clear possibilities and EVERYTHING we don't do.

Here's how several other prosperous nations deal with the issue:

The United Kingdom – Canada – Japan – Australia

http://www.businessinsider.com/canada-australia-japan-britain-gun-control-2013-1

There have been 18 school shootings in the US in 2018

….......A report by the Urban Institute found that at a single district in Washington DC reported at least 336 gunshots in the vicinity of its school over a single year.

http://wlos.com/news/local/there-have-been-18-school-shootings-in-the-us-in-2018

The Capital of the most violent and dangerous nation among civilized beings.

For those that like those countries so much, I recommend you move there. This is NOT the UK, Canada, Japan, or Australia.

"If you don't like it, leave," in all its variations, is a coward's argument. It's an argument made by people who are afraid of debate, don't understand logic, and want to escape the fray as quickly as possible. 

"If you don't like, leave," implies that arguing for change is not permissible.

"If you don't like, leave," implies that dissent is unwarranted. 

"If you don't like, leave," implies that diversity of mind is out of bounds. 

There are many responses to this ridiculous argument and arguments like it.

Refuse: "No, I'm not going to leave. I'm going to fight."

Make the logical argument: "Telling me to leave implies that dissent and change are not permissible here. That is nonsense, of course. Change is constant, and it only comes through a diversity of opinions. This is not North Korea."

NOTE: This argument does not work in North Korea.

Attack: "It sounds like you're afraid of debate. Maybe your ideas suck and you know it. Maybe I intimidate you. Maybe you know that you're standing on shaky ground. Either way, I'm not taking my toys and going home because I'm not afraid of a good argument and a weak-willed sap like yourself."  

Historical: "If that was an actual argument, then it would stand to reason that anytime someone was not happy with a policy or position, they should leave. Women don't like receiving 70 cents on the dollar? Leave. African Americans don't like separate but equal? Leave. A soldier doesn't like a general's decision? Leave. That's just stupid. It's not how the world actually works outside of your head."

Foolish Verbal Sparring

If those countries are so great, go there. If you don't like that answer, tough!

Our country's process of governing provides the ability to bring about change, which is ongoing in America. If you don't like that then move to another country where the ability to bring about change doesn't exist !!!  If you don't like that answer, tough !!!!!

I like that answer, in fact you and the other liberals are undergoing that change right now with Trump as President. If you don't like that answer, move to where the change is in your direction.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 86

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@oceanedge2wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

I'm sure there are several things that can be accomplished..... Again, anything would be better.  So many clear possibilities and EVERYTHING we don't do.

Here's how several other prosperous nations deal with the issue:

The United Kingdom – Canada – Japan – Australia

http://www.businessinsider.com/canada-australia-japan-britain-gun-control-2013-1

There have been 18 school shootings in the US in 2018

….......A report by the Urban Institute found that at a single district in Washington DC reported at least 336 gunshots in the vicinity of its school over a single year.

http://wlos.com/news/local/there-have-been-18-school-shootings-in-the-us-in-2018

The Capital of the most violent and dangerous nation among civilized beings.

For those that like those countries so much, I recommend you move there. This is NOT the UK, Canada, Japan, or Australia.

"If you don't like it, leave," in all its variations, is a coward's argument. It's an argument made by people who are afraid of debate, don't understand logic, and want to escape the fray as quickly as possible. 

"If you don't like, leave," implies that arguing for change is not permissible.

"If you don't like, leave," implies that dissent is unwarranted. 

"If you don't like, leave," implies that diversity of mind is out of bounds. 

There are many responses to this ridiculous argument and arguments like it.

Refuse: "No, I'm not going to leave. I'm going to fight."

Make the logical argument: "Telling me to leave implies that dissent and change are not permissible here. That is nonsense, of course. Change is constant, and it only comes through a diversity of opinions. This is not North Korea."

NOTE: This argument does not work in North Korea.

Attack: "It sounds like you're afraid of debate. Maybe your ideas suck and you know it. Maybe I intimidate you. Maybe you know that you're standing on shaky ground. Either way, I'm not taking my toys and going home because I'm not afraid of a good argument and a weak-willed sap like yourself."  

Historical: "If that was an actual argument, then it would stand to reason that anytime someone was not happy with a policy or position, they should leave. Women don't like receiving 70 cents on the dollar? Leave. African Americans don't like separate but equal? Leave. A soldier doesn't like a general's decision? Leave. That's just stupid. It's not how the world actually works outside of your head."

Foolish Verbal Sparring

If those countries are so great, go there. If you don't like that answer, tough!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 86

@ChasKy53wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 86

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 86

@ChasKy53wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

How about just raising the age required to buy a gun to 30?  That would stop most school yard shootings. 

Wouldn't stop a coward shooting from a Vegas hotel.

Let's not get greedy.  Laws against bump stocks were already passed.

So supporting changes that would lower the number of people that could be killed per minute is "greedy" ??????  A Russian Bot would agree with that.

Not only that, it's a lie!  Just because the Hosue passes a bill, doesn't make it a law....silly rabbit.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 86

@aruzinskywrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

How about just raising the age required to buy a gun to 30?  That would stop most school yard shootings. 

Wouldn't stop a coward shooting from a Vegas hotel.

Let's not get greedy.  Laws against bump stocks were already passed.

So supporting changes that would lower the number of people that could be killed per minute is "greedy" ??????  A Russian Bot would agree with that.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 86

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

Assuming is never an impossible task, just as you do quite frequently here.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views