Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The one thing we can do to address gun violence

Message 11 of 86

NOT , what hunter needs a 30 - 50 armor piercing round , short barreled , collapsible stock Theatre of War Weapon , that can be hidden in a back pack , to shoot deer. Wake up America !!! 

Yes a Theatre of War Weapon that has no place in any Civilian's hands.

A Weapon of Mass Destruction

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 86

@rker321wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

Mine is a target shooting gun no where near the power of an AR15. The AR15s sold in the gun stores are the semi version of the military rifles and shoot the same .223 POWERFUL round of ammo. I am not a hunter but know people who hunt with their ARs (civilian version).

I am not a hunter either, Nothappening. but I am surprise to hear that there are hunters that use this type of rifles to hunt animals. I am also not knowledgeable as to the rules of hunting or their ethics but is this ethical and is it called sportsmanship?

Without a concept of what ethics are, one can't possibly be qualified to comment on ethics. 

On the other hand, those that have that concept demonstrate their willingness to violate ethics the first time they do it....so what can you expect from then on? 

A lie is a breach of ethics, but it doesn't stop some people from doing it......over, and over, and over....ad nauseum. 

So.....I trust you direct your question to the audience watching the exchange, expecting them to form an opinion from the evidence to date.  Otherwise you needlessly waste your time.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 86

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

Mine is a target shooting gun no where near the power of an AR15. The AR15s sold in the gun stores are the semi version of the military rifles and shoot the same .223 POWERFUL round of ammo. I am not a hunter but know people who hunt with their ARs (civilian version).

I am not a hunter either, Nothappening. but I am surprise to hear that there are hunters that use this type of rifles to hunt animals. I am also not knowledgeable as to the rules of hunting or their ethics but is this ethical and is it called sportsmanship?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 86

I have the perfect solution. For those parents that are ok with seeing their children go to their schools in which they will have to enter thru metal detectors or have security guards with assault weapons at every entrance.  I guess that if that is the society that you wish to raise your children. then I guess is ok.

For other parents that want to teach their children that most societies do not have the issues that we have in this society, I would  recommend  that they look into sending their children to Canadian Schools.  I am sure that they will not only be safer but will have a much better education.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 86

And just for clarity, the United States Congress has not passed any sort of bump stock ban. The republicans that "lead" each chamber are too gutless to do anything that would protect American lives, if it means threatening donations to their campaign coffers.

Gutless. Deep swamp.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-bumpstock-ban-20180212-story.html

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 86

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@aruzinskywrote:

How about just raising the age required to buy a gun to 30?  That would stop most school yard shootings. 

Wouldn't stop a coward shooting from a Vegas hotel.

Let's not get greedy.  Laws against bump stocks were already passed.

Really?  When did trump sign those "laws"?  BTW, he didn't need "bump stocks"....

My bad about the federal bill being passed.  But, you liberals are greedy when it comes to things to whine about.  I gave you a solution to reduce child deaths and you rejected it because you wanted more.  In a liberal utopia, you would commit suicide out of boredom.  

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 86

@ChasKy53wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@oceanedge2wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

I'm sure there are several things that can be accomplished..... Again, anything would be better.  So many clear possibilities and EVERYTHING we don't do.

Here's how several other prosperous nations deal with the issue:

The United Kingdom – Canada – Japan – Australia

http://www.businessinsider.com/canada-australia-japan-britain-gun-control-2013-1

There have been 18 school shootings in the US in 2018

….......A report by the Urban Institute found that at a single district in Washington DC reported at least 336 gunshots in the vicinity of its school over a single year.

http://wlos.com/news/local/there-have-been-18-school-shootings-in-the-us-in-2018

The Capital of the most violent and dangerous nation among civilized beings.

For those that like those countries so much, I recommend you move there. This is NOT the UK, Canada, Japan, or Australia.

So then ................ is your new slogan 'Love the Carnage or Leave It ?

Sure seems that way. These people that defend the right to pump bullets into kids, got more upset over someone taking a knee at a football game.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 86

Institute a Mandatory Buy Back Program of all Assault Style Weapons and 30 - 50 round magazines and stop future sale of same to Non Military or Non Law Enforcement personnel -  Immediately !!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 86

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

BAN ASSAULT TYPE WEAPONS !!!!

Exactly what is YOUR definition of an assault weapon?

I said assault TYPE weapons, use your imagination, it's what you do best. I specifically stated what I support in another posting. Read it.

What is your definition of assault "TYPE" weapons? Using my imagination draws me to one conclusion (and I'm sure it's wrong) - that you want ALL guns banned.

Jumping to an extreme assumption is a trait of an extremist. I posted what I thought should be banned and controls I would support, it's nothing near to your extremist's assumption. Stop using your extremist's imagination and read.

Assuming you can get clarity from a liberal is an impossible task.

Actually I am more centrist than liberal and I posted very clearly the gun regulations I would support. Assuming you an get anything but extreme answers from an extremist is an erroneous assumption.

Those left of the left are NOT centrist!

And those right of the right are the Minority.  That is why Tump hasn't repealed Obamacare.  That was job #1, wasn't it?  That's why his wall isn't built.  And Republicans are still trying to find dirt on Clinton because if they don't,  Hillary will always be the winner.  By 20+ million votes.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 86

@ChasKy53wrote:

@NOTHAPPENINGwrote:

Actually I am more centrist than liberal and I posted very clearly the gun regulations I would support. Assuming you an get anything but extreme answers from an extremist is an erroneous assumption.

Those left of the left are NOT centrist!

More extremist assumptions.

As you've noticed, it's really the only thing they're any good at.....that and their "cowards argument".

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views