Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The next Trump mess

Message 1 of 10

@angeleyes64 wrote:

@ TxGrandpa2

These people are desperate to get to our Country for a better SAFER LIFE, that is why they expose the family to what ever they have to to get to a Free Country that turned out Not to be Free and Peaceful after all. They want food, shelter, no fear of rape, just freedom, that is all.

So have you actually been to these countries so you can speak for these people from experience?  People from over half the world would like to get to our country because this is the land of milk and honey?  And money grows on trees?  Why is it that we are aware of many from Vietnam who were allowed to come here without problems for some reason, but after only a short time and returned because of disillusionment.

A lady my wife grew up with was excited to come here, but after arriving saw that everything wasn't as expected.  She found that it wasn't as free as was in Vietnam.  She was here for several months and returned home.

You are still tugging at heartstrings rather than being factual.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

@ TxGrandpa2

Do you actually think they have records, that's why they need to be with the parents. Do you actually think a baby can tell the adults at the shelter what is wrong w/them. No not gross negligence, just 1 more reason to want to be out of their Country.

These people are desperate to get to our Country for a better SAFER LIFE, that is why they expose the family to what ever they have to to get to a Free Country that turned out Not to be Free and Peaceful after all. They want food, shelter, no fear of rape, just freedom, that is all.

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

RW spin:  but not all of the children are with their moms / dads so all of the outrage is mumbo-jumbo.   What a hoot, that world of denial is the GOP / conservatism...  They can't wait for these children to be put into a system where they can use them for slave labor.      

The RW has learned nothing - which is sadly unsuprising in their hate and fear that someone is disrepecting their whiteness and supposed superiority. 

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

@Richva wrote:

This is because the children are classified as "unaccompanied minors"

I like to think there is actually some intelligent life in the liberal population.  However, using the liberals on this site as a representative msample would lead one to conclude that is not true.  Or at least that they are unable to do anything other than blindly repeat what the liberal elite makes up.  For example:

Almost 85% of the children being detained WERE unaccompanied minors but the liberal elite decided to spin that little FACT for partisan reasons and the little liberals blindly repeat it.

The practice separating children from parents who are being detained is common in this country.  It is the law and has been done with illegal immigrants for at least the last twenty years.  But the liberal elite decided to spin that little FACT for partisan reasons and the little liberals blindly repeat it.

The ONLY change in policy the Trump administration made was to enforce the law as required of the Executive Branch by the Constitution.  But the liberal elite decided to spin that little FACT for partisan reasons and the little liberals blindly repeat it.

As I said in one of the other twenty or so threads about this subject:

The Zero-Tolerance policy issued by Attorney General Jeff Sessions simply states that U.S. Code 8 U.S.C. § 1325(a) will be enforced. That's it. That's the policy. If you want to verify that, it's easy enough to google. U.S. Code 8 U.S.C. § 1325(a) simply states that both attempted illegal entry and illegal entry into the United States by an alien is prohibited and defines the penalty, which includes both fines and imprisonment. That's it. That's the law. If you want to verify that, it's easy enough to google. The Constitution requires the President to "take care that the Laws be faithfully executed." I would hope most citizens of this country are familar with the Constitution, but for anyone who is ignorant of what it says, that too can be googled. So, in truth, the REAL Trump policy is to enforce the law as required by the Constitution.

AND THERE IS NOTHING IN ANY TRUMP POLICY THAT SAYS EVEN ONE LITTLE THING ABOUT SEPARATING CHILDREN FROM THEIR PARENTS. NOT ONE. It is actually a side effect of “the Trump policy” because when parents are referred for prosecution, the children are placed in the custody of a sponsor, such as a relative or foster home, or held in a shelter just like when any parent in this country is sent to prison for violating the law. AND THE EXACT SAME THING HAS BEEN DONE WITH IMMIGRANT CHILDREN FOR YEARS.

Wanna change that? Change the law. Instead liberals want to ignore any law they don't agree with. Want me to support that? Tell me you'll support ignoring laws I don't like 'cause I certainly have a couple in mind. But liberals don't want to do either. Instead they choose spin, innuendo, half-truths and lies to divide the electorate.

Btw, about 85% of the children being held (and taken care of) were not accompanied by a parent when they illegally crossed the border.

Btw, in this country. children are separated from parents all the time when the parents jeopardize the safety of those children.

Btw, a case could be made that ALL the children being held fall into that category since the parent forced them to break the law, but liberals don't know how many cases that is not true of. They don't want to know because they would much rather whine about it without knowing the facts.

Btw, children being separated from their parents is not something I like, but I like liberals making it a partisan issue a lot less. In fact, using children as a partisan issue is an all-time low for liberals.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

He is in over his head. Admit it and please stop the falsehoods. We can get through anything - together !!! 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

@angeleyes64 wrote:
On top of that we have NO medical history or any medications for these children. You go Donald.

Are you saying that these kids parents failed to bring their medical records with them?  Shouldn't that be considered gross negligence on their part?  And on top of that exposing them to dangerous conditions by taking them through the hot southwestern desert with a limited amount of food and water?

I would be willing to bet that its doubtful that they had even seen a doctor in their lives.  Not everyone in the world jumps up and goes to the doctor at every instance.  How can American standards be applied to every location in the world?

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

Richva:  I have mentioned many times the ways the Trump administration has proved incompetent to govern and that is compared to the GOP(!). Now, we have a new balloon going up on the horizon.  The paperwork for each of the children detained in the detention camps does not contain the names or identification of the parents. This is because the children are classified as "unaccompanied minors" when they are taken from their parents and there was no need for a way to be able to match the two. 

No surprise about that, it was bound to happen. They seem hellbent on not only killing the Republican Party, but trashing the brand into oblivion. More proof that whatever Trump touches dies.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

One of the fun things to do is to project just how this administration will demonstrate its incompetence in the future.  I think a few things are going to happen in fairly short order. 

1. The parents will have a judicial resolution and the administration will not be able to find their kids. The administration will not realize this is a problem until it is reported in the European and Asian press. 
  2. Children are going to get sick. One or more will die and America will be sued generating huge amounts of publicity. 
  3. Families are going to keep coming.  The terror from which they flee is much less scary than the incompetence they will face here.  Facilities will be expanded and "renegade" GOP leaders will start asking questions about sustainability. 
  4. Trump will get bored when he sees the concentration camp technique is embarrassing even to HIS supporters. He will then blame it all on the Democrats and demand that they fix it for him. 
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10
On top of that we have NO medical history or any medications for these children. You go Donald.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

The next Trump mess

Message 10 of 10

I have mentioned many times the ways the Trump administration has proved incompetent to govern and that is compared to the GOP(!). Now, we have a new balloon going up on the horizon.  The paperwork for each of the children detained in the detention camps does not contain the names or identification of the parents. This is because the children are classified as "unaccompanied minors" when they are taken from their parents and there was no need for a way to be able to match the two. 

So, we can expect months of bad press around the world on how incompetent America is to have implemented such a policy without bothering to plan for the obvious problems. 

On the other hand, perhaps this is preferable to tattooing barcodes on their arms for easier identification and we certainly don't want to give the Donald any ideas. 

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors