Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The left has taken over the Politics and Current Event Board

Message 81 of 328

TheRaffertyView wrote:

I can't believe the AARP allows these malcontents to so mean and vicious toward good people who have different opinions than they do about politics.

Did you tire of using CessnaCJ76 already? How sad since we were just getting to know him. *dying laughing*

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

The left has taken over the Politics and Current Event Board

Message 82 of 328

Posters...321, TX, John258, runner50, Mandm, oldscout66 and others on the left have taken over the P&C board and show they will do anyting to get others that do not agree with them off.

They own it...pushy people seem to get their way....attack, attack, bait, bait, iinsult, insult, make snide reamrk whatever they can do.  It seem to work as many have left the P & C board. 

You are correct, KidBoy2.

I cannot believe the amount of hate expressed by these people toward anyone who disagrees with their views.

I can't believe the AARP allows these malcontents to so mean and vicious toward good people who have different opinions than they do about politics.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 328

@corb0503 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Long rant from the mirror.

You are beginning to fascinate me, John.  You just can't resist going around looking for what I post and then making a snide remark about it.  And even though I ignore you, you keep on until I finally retaliate.  Then, when I do, you seem upset.  I'm really curious:

1.  Do you even realize that almost every one of your posts contains at least one insulting sentence that is a violation of the TOS?

2.  If you don't realize that, I understand.  But if you do, why in the world would you keep doing something that in the end appears to always irratate you?  It reminds me of Einstein.  Suuposedly he said the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.  Do you think if you keep following me around making snide remarks that sooner or later I'm not going to say something back to you?

3.  A lot of people here think it's okay to insult people, but not okay if someone insults them back.  Is that your opinion?

John, I'm not trying to insult you here.  I'm just REALLY curious.  Those are the only three reasons I can think of for what you do.  If there is some other reason, I would love to hear that also.

Try 3 more.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 328

@john258 wrote:

You are beginning to fascinate me, John.  You just can't resist going around looking for what I post and then making a snide remark about it.  And even though I ignore you, you keep on until I finally retaliate.  Then, when I do, you seem upset.  I'm really curious:

1.  Do you even realize that almost every one of your posts contains at least one insulting sentence that is a violation of the TOS?

2.  If you don't realize that, I understand.  But if you do, why in the world would you keep doing something that in the end appears to always irratate you?  It reminds me of Einstein.  Suuposedly he said the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.  Do you think if you keep following me around making snide remarks that sooner or later I'm not going to say something back to you?

3.  A lot of people here think it's okay to insult people, but not okay if someone insults them back.  Is that your opinion?

John, I'm not trying to insult you here.  I'm just REALLY curious.  Those are the only three reasons I can think of for what you do.  If there is some other reason, I would love to hear that also.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 328

@corb0503 wrote:

@cat2011 wrote:

We weren't talking about Fox.

We were talking about a controversial study that you were citing to prove that the media is "liberal."

I posted a link to a scholar criticizing that study.

Do you understand why our exchange was not about sources but about scholarship?

Based on this post and the fact that you've misquoted me so many times, I can't help but wonder, do you read what you're responding to?  "We weren't talking about Fox?"  That's funny, here are the original posts that started this exchange.  And every exchange has been in regard to Fox and facts until I posted a reference to make a point.  And now you say we're talking about "scholarship?"  Get a grip.

@corb0503 wrote:

@cat2011 wrote:

This is a nonsensical argument. Fox isn't in the news business. It's in the opinion business. I'm sure Fox can figure out when it's Tuesday--LOL!

Fox is the only station to fight a lawsuit to establish its constitutional right to air falsehoods. Why do you think they wanted to establish that principle? There have also been several studies establishing that Fox viewers are more likely to be misinformed than any other segment of the population, including those who don't follow the news.

So there will always be a problem with using Fox as a source. It's not a credible source, by its     own in-court admission. If you want to establish a fact, use another source.

The problem is not using Fox as a source.  The problem is that 90% of the morons on the left think that if they say "it must have come from Fox" it proves it's a lie.  And I say morons because saying that doesn't prove something isn't true.  It only proves that the people saying it aren't bright enough to know that it doesn't prove anything.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 328

@cat2011 wrote:

We were talking about a controversial study that you were citing to prove that the media is "liberal."

Based on this post and the fact that you've misquoted me so many times, I can't help but wonder, do you read what you're responding to?  "We weren't talking about Fox?"  That's funny, here are the original posts that started this exchange.  And every exchange has been in regard to Fox and facts until I posted a reference to make a point.  And now you say we're talking about "scholarship?"  Get a grip.

@corb0503 wrote:

@cat2011 wrote:

This is a nonsensical argument. Fox isn't in the news business. It's in the opinion business. I'm sure Fox can figure out when it's Tuesday--LOL!

Fox is the only station to fight a lawsuit to establish its constitutional right to air falsehoods. Why do you think they wanted to establish that principle? There have also been several studies establishing that Fox viewers are more likely to be misinformed than any other segment of the population, including those who don't follow the news.

So there will always be a problem with using Fox as a source. It's not a credible source, by its     own in-court admission. If you want to establish a fact, use another source.

The problem is not using Fox as a source.  The problem is that 90% of the morons on the left think that if they say "it must have come from Fox" it proves it's a lie.  And I say morons because saying that doesn't prove something isn't true.  It only proves that the people saying it aren't bright enough to know that it doesn't prove anything.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 328

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 328

You prove my point, corb. You prove my point.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 328

Corb, it's called a discussion.

You post a link to an article praising a study. I post a link to an article by another scholar debunking that study. Your next move would be to use your own experience with scholarly discourse to refute the second scholar's analysis. Academics do it all the time.

When scholars defend or refute studies, it's not the same thing as people saying that Fox can't be trusted.

I'm getting bored, corb. You seem to repeat your talking points over and over, but are unable to counter when someone challenges you. In the end, the discussion dies with you insulting the other poster.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 328

@john258 wrote:

Quick easy way to tell which media tries to control the people who watch it. Just follow the posts in here. If it is on FOX News or right wing web site you will see it in here the next day word for word from our far right posters. That does not happen with our non far right posters as they look at news reports, and then give some thought to them so they come with informed views. They can debate a subject, and always win over the far right people.

That's funny.  I see just the opposite.  And what I see most from the left is a lack of facts.  And a good example of that is how the left thinks they've disproved something by saying, "it must have come from Fox."  I never watched Fox until I kept seeing that said and decided to see for myself how bad it really was.  I don't watch it all the time, but I've never seen them say anything that wasn't true and I now understand why they are the highest rated cable news channel and why, according to polls, they are the most trusted news source.  Be that as it may, regardless of what they say, it doesn't make it true because they said it and it certainly does make it false because someone says, "it must have come from Fox."

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors